Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:48:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who are the out of contract players?  (Read 4014 times)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Who are the out of contract players?
« Reply #30 on April 25, 2021, 06:50:38 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Quote from: DearneValleyRover
hopefully DM will come in and take Bogle and Bostock to the Owls and we can pay Williams off.

Why do you want to get shut of bostock?
He's come into a team where he's having to defend and play a 5th centrehalf. I say that because of the amount of times he covers for the backline getting pulled out of position. I feel that he will be a good asset to the team when we get sorted out. He played some great through balls and works for the team when he's allowed. Stop the Bostock bashing give the lad a chance.

I’m entitled to an opinion as much as you, mine is that since DM has left instead of being a leader he’s been spinet and gutless and I’m not apologising for it being different to yours

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 25, 2021, 07:39:16 pm by grayx »
SM, if the deals are done is there a reason they haven’t been announced yet? We’re crying out for some good news so not sure I understand why it would be kept under wraps.
I fail to see new contracts to 3 or 4 of this current squad as GOOD news.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 25, 2021, 08:18:00 pm by jamesrover17 »
Reece James on a 2 year deal is the only thing that would bring me out of my funk... Even though I think thats the least likely of the 3 or 4

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 25, 2021, 08:22:52 pm by Jonathan »
Theoretically, current form notwithstanding, I think there’s a case to be made for retaining the services of the following out of contract players:

Halliday
Wright
Butler
James
Horton
Greaves
Coppinger (wishful thinking)
Taylor
Fej

I know some of the above are in poor form right now, and others have a lot to prove, but all can contribute towards a solid L1 team / squad.

Confidence in the camp is rock bottom right now and performances have been dire. But that doesn’t mean everyone is useless.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 08:28:05 pm by Jonathan »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 25, 2021, 08:51:29 pm by scawsby steve »
Theoretically, current form notwithstanding, I think there’s a case to be made for retaining the services of the following out of contract players:

Halliday
Wright
Butler
James
Horton
Greaves
Taylor
Fej

I know some of the above are in poor form right now, and others have a lot to prove, but all can contribute towards a solid L1 team / squad.

Confidence in the camp is rock bottom right now and performances have been dire. But that doesn’t mean everyone is useless.

Apart from Copps, Jonathan, none of those would inspire me to hopes of a promotion push.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 25, 2021, 09:50:36 pm by PDX_Rover »
So

Taylor
Plus three of the younger players.

I’d love Copps to stay for one more campaign.
Pretty sure Halliday has a deal lined up elsewhere so no surprise he didn’t play, especially against Fleetwood. Although this pesky back industry certainly has the medical world flummoxed.

Reece James - would love him to stay but...

The others... do not care.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 25, 2021, 11:49:38 pm by RugbyRover »
I do find it a bit weird that we are weeks away from appointing a new manager and we sign up these 3 or 4 players. Does the new manager agree with these signings?...

Why not wait and let the new man have free reign? It's not like these players are any good....

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 26, 2021, 04:45:55 am by Bailey Vickerage »

Halliday
Wright
Butler
James
Horton
Greaves
Taylor
Fej

Fej has another year left.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 26, 2021, 05:14:24 am by Chris Black come back »

Halliday
Wright
Butler
James
Horton
Greaves
Taylor
Fej

Apart from Copps, Jonathan, none of those would inspire me to hopes of a promotion push.

If we keep exactly the same back line as this season then we are going nowhere next season. There is no credible scenario where that is a defence to see us promoted.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 26, 2021, 06:08:12 am by graingrover »
Thé shambles that has ensued the departure of DM is sure to cost us the allegiance of most players and the ones we would have sought to keep in normal times will now hang in the balance .From Moore’s predilection for playing James anywhere  and everywhere he is likely
to be playing mainly in Sheffield as is Hallyday and Bostock subject to inter club negotiations for JB.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 26, 2021, 06:32:25 am by PDX_Rover »
Thé shambles that has ensued the departure of DM is sure to cost us the allegiance of most players and the ones we would have sought to keep in normal times will now hang in the balance .From Moore’s predilection for playing James anywhere  and everywhere he is likely
to be playing mainly in Sheffield as is Hallyday and Bostock subject to inter club negotiations for JB.

Halliday - I don’t think he will go to Wednesday. Somewhere closer to his home.

Bostock would command a fee presumably?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 26, 2021, 06:35:32 am by Chris Black come back »
I do find it a bit weird that we are weeks away from appointing a new manager and we sign up these 3 or 4 players. Does the new manager agree with these signings?...

Why not wait and let the new man have free reign? It's not like these players are any good....

I suspect this will be announcing the easy choices. Young lads and triggering the Taylor one year extension.

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 26, 2021, 07:31:11 am by Guernsey Exile »
I dont see how it will be the one year on Taylor that is done. The article says a multi year contract for a senior player.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 26, 2021, 07:46:32 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

To be fair I'd let Bostock go for free for what I've seen of him. There's a player in there but he hasn't fit her yet.

As for halliday he's from teesside isn't he? We are about the closest team to his home that would take him I'd say.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 26, 2021, 08:09:28 am by the vicar »
Another manager Might find a lot in there with Bostock

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 26, 2021, 08:51:27 am by grayx »
Maybe, but quite a few have tried. I do think there is a good footballer there, but he has shown that he’s not one you want besides you “in the trenches” so to speak.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 26, 2021, 09:07:17 am by Campsall rover »
A new manager may get the best out of our current players, why not DM had them performing earlier in the season.

There is an over reaction to the ability of these players. They haven’t suddenly become useless.

What has happened is the have lost focus and direction, subsequently confidence has gone completely.
Butts sounded like a man with no answers in his interview after the Fleetwood game.

I feel really sorry he is in this situation but it’s perfectly obvious he is out of his depth in this role.
He should definitely have brought in an experienced assistant to help him.

He has been unable to inspire the players, bring them together or get any semblance of a team pattern way of playing.
We look like 11 players gong out each match that have never even trained together let alone played together.

A team capable of getting 48 points out of 23 games is not lacking ability nor is it luck that can be achieved.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 26, 2021, 09:09:07 am by DonnyOsmond »
Maybe, but quite a few have tried. I do think there is a good footballer there, but he has shown that he’s not one you want besides you “in the trenches” so to speak.

He was POTS in Ligue 2 not so long ago. Let's not act like no one's got the best out of him.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 26, 2021, 10:14:31 am by Draytonian III »
Ligue 2 is not like the 2nd tier in England by a long way

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 26, 2021, 10:28:16 am by roversdude »
I can’t see how Horton is getting tarred with the same brush as the spineless gang, he has been thrown in the deep end and acquitted himself really well, probably the one shining light from the end of season meltdown

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 26, 2021, 11:05:52 am by the vicar »

He was POTS in Ligue 2 not so long ago. Let's not act like no one's got the best out of him.
you say that but the Florets fans loved him

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 26, 2021, 11:07:38 am by the vicar »
I can’t see how Horton is getting tarred with the same brush as the spineless gang, he has been thrown in the deep end and acquitted himself really well, probably the one shining light from the end of season meltdown
I can’t see how any of the young lads are getting Tarred with the same brush to be truthful
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 02:10:46 pm by the vicar »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 26, 2021, 11:13:20 am by DonnyOsmond »

OK...?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 26, 2021, 01:45:05 pm by Metalmicky »

you say that but the Florets fans loved him

And many Forest fans thought he did alright in the Championship and wanted him to be offered another contract....

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 26, 2021, 03:55:07 pm by PDX_Rover »

To be fair I'd let Bostock go for free for what I've seen of him. There's a player in there but he hasn't fit her yet.

As for halliday he's from teesside isn't he? We are about the closest team to his home that would take him I'd say.

Is he? Shows what I know. I thought he lived over the pennines?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 26, 2021, 04:05:08 pm by Draytonian III »

OK...?

I know it has nothing to do with the standard of players/performance in the league but the average attendance in Ligue 2 last season was 6774 and most teams played 14 home games before the season stopped

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 26, 2021, 04:44:26 pm by steve@dcfd »
We as supporters can think what we like about players but at this moment we’ve resigned Taylor and possibly 3/4 youngsters so the others have found our offers not to their liking. Yet we will be hoping to sign another 10+ players who are better

TinyPortal © 2005-2012