Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:02:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Manager search  (Read 25833 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: New Manager search
« Reply #30 on April 12, 2021, 06:20:05 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We could do with players like Butler and Wellens now tbf. :laugh:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 12, 2021, 06:21:38 pm by River Don »
Stendel for me. Right fit.

Would he get a UK work permit though?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 12, 2021, 06:39:38 pm by normal rules »
I must be missing something as most seem to have wriiten off AB’s chance of getting the job.
He ticks all the boxes IMO. Proven record with the Belles. Proven Leadership on the field. He knows and understands the club ethos.
Just because the team are not winning, does not mean he is not doing everything off field right.
I’m sure if he throws his hat in the ring he will have a lot of evidence to provide in interview.
It must be alot easier to manage a winning team.
It’s when teams are losing that managers prove themselves. And for all we know he is doing just that. It’s just not translating into results on pitch. There a lot goes on behind the scenes that us mere fans are unaware of.
Plus they are welcoming his application. He knows what’s bad in the team at the moment. He knows what is needed to change it.
He has a head start on any new incumbent.
I would not be at all surprised to see him in place as manager for next season.
Just my opinion.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 12, 2021, 06:43:50 pm by graingrover »
If we are already dismissing the possibility of Wellens then we truly have gone off the rails .

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 12, 2021, 07:18:39 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Stendel really would help with season tickets out of everyone. I think it would be the best realistic appointment and a really good one.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 12, 2021, 07:21:28 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If we are already dismissing the possibility of Wellens then we truly have gone off the rails .

Why? Do you know him personally better than people who have already had to work with him?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 12, 2021, 07:24:10 pm by Jonathan »

Why? Do you know him personally better than people who have already had to work with him?

Ask Coppinger. He knows him better than you, he’s worked with him, and he seems to like him.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 12, 2021, 07:25:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Ask Coppinger. He knows him better than you, he’s worked with him, and he seems to like him.

I didn't know Copps was recruiting the next manager.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 12, 2021, 07:27:54 pm by GazLaz »
Stendel is very unlikely. Tisdale for me I think.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 12, 2021, 07:28:47 pm by Rovers91 »
I must be missing something as most seem to have wriiten off AB’s chance of getting the job.
He ticks all the boxes IMO. Proven record with the Belles. Proven Leadership on the field. He knows and understands the club ethos.
Just because the team are not winning, does not mean he is not doing everything off field right.
I’m sure if he throws his hat in the ring he will have a lot of evidence to provide in interview.
It must be alot easier to manage a winning team.
It’s when teams are losing that managers prove themselves. And for all we know he is doing just that. It’s just not translating into results on pitch. There a lot goes on behind the scenes that us mere fans are unaware of.
Plus they are welcoming his application. He knows what’s bad in the team at the moment. He knows what is needed to change it.
He has a head start on any new incumbent.
I would not be at all surprised to see him in place as manager for next season.
Just my opinion.

Of course fans have written him off we are playing some of the worse football we have seen in a long time. Be an absolute stupid decision to give him it beyond this season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 12, 2021, 07:29:02 pm by dickos1 »
Whether our chairman gets on with someone shouldn’t be high up in the criteria

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 12, 2021, 07:30:09 pm by graingrover »
Leave him Jonathan it is such a fatuous  statement which just illustrates he has not at all followed the Copps show with Wellens and if he has then he know another reason SM made the statement on the first place ..like boys sniggering behind their hands .

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 12, 2021, 07:33:41 pm by BigH »
I must be missing something...

Well 8 points out of the last 10 games, the blowing of our play-off chances, capitulations to relegation-threatened sides and a rumoured inability to rouse the dressing room might be factors.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 12, 2021, 07:35:01 pm by Jonathan »

I didn't know Copps was recruiting the next manager.

I didn’t know anyone on this forum was. But it hasn’t stopped you commenting on people that have worked with him. I was merely pointing out that there are people that have worked with him that like him.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 12, 2021, 07:36:46 pm by silent majority »

Which rails would that be then Brian?

As far as I'm aware I gave my opinion on RW, and it wasn't a collective 'we'.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 12, 2021, 07:37:06 pm by Jonathan »

Indeed. Dickov was the last manager we appointed because the chairman liked him.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 12, 2021, 07:38:44 pm by River Don »
With the system Rovers have in place, open for applications rather then headhunting, it's very difficult to guess just who might be in contention.

And as we approach the end of the season there will be sackings, someone completely unexpected might go for it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 12, 2021, 07:40:49 pm by silent majority »
With the system Rovers have in place, open for applications rather then headhunting, it's very difficult to guess just who might be in contention.

And as we approach the end of the season there will be sackings, someone completely unexpected might go for it.

We'll have hundreds of applications, we always do.

Some turn out to be completely out of our league, but the identification process weeds them out.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 12, 2021, 07:41:47 pm by normal rules »
Big h and rovers 91. Yes the results are bad, yes the performances are bad. No the team are not playing for each other.  Believe me, I’ve paid to watch it, so I’ve seen it
But, and it’s a big but, if the board believe, which they are entitled to, that Butler is NOT at fault, then he has every chance of staying on.
It has been discussed at length on here that any manager , current or future can only work with what he has.
I just think it’s a bit short sighted and perhaps niaive to discount AB.
No prospective candidate at the moment knows the current DRFC better than AB. That counts. Again, this is just my opinion.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 12, 2021, 07:43:52 pm by silent majority »

It'll be fairly high up, as will working with the CEO.

I fail to see how you could employ anyone in a senior management role who cannot work with the Chairman of the club, that would be lunacy.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 12, 2021, 07:47:44 pm by dickos1 »
I didn’t say couldn’t work with though, all I meant is blunt can not like wellens but think he’d be a good manager for us at the same time.
It would be a tad egocentric to put your personal likes ahead of what’s best for the club.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 12, 2021, 07:48:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Leave him Jonathan it is such a fatuous  statement which just illustrates he has not at all followed the Copps show with Wellens and if he has then he know another reason SM made the statement on the first place ..like boys sniggering behind their hands .

I don't know anything that's not already in the public domain.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 12, 2021, 07:53:16 pm by eastender »

And last time, all of them went in the bin as soon as Gavin picked Moore's off the floor.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 12, 2021, 07:59:39 pm by BigH »
Big h and rovers 91. Yes the results are bad, yes the performances are bad. No the team are not playing for each other.  Believe me, I’ve paid to watch it, so I’ve seen it
But, and it’s a big but, if the board believe, which they are entitled to, that Butler is NOT at fault, then he has every chance of staying on.
It has been discussed at length on here that any manager , current or future can only work with what he has.
I just think it’s a bit short sighted and perhaps niaive to discount AB.
No prospective candidate at the moment knows the current DRFC better than AB. That counts. Again, this is just my opinion.
Fair enough.

I'm happy to keep an open mind and leave it to the Board. Let's face it, since Dickov left, no one has really quibbled over the three appointments that this Board has made. In fact, I recall each appointment being applauded by many...at the time.

What I find slightly bizarre is that all three managers ended up departing the club on their own terms. I can't think of anywhere else where that's happened.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 12, 2021, 08:07:53 pm by River Don »

Some turn out to be completely out of our league, but the identification process weeds them out.

Do Rovers have a footballing philosophy at all?

Is there a style that the club would prefer that might meet a longer term stratergy or a way of playing and approach that wouldn't be acceptable?

Belle Vue Boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 12, 2021, 08:13:10 pm by Belle Vue Boy »
I’d like to see Neil Harris appointed good young manager, got millwall promoted and did a good job IMO Cardiff didn’t quite work but think would be a good appointment

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 12, 2021, 08:35:13 pm by BigH »
Keith Hill anyone?

Only on a short term contract at Tranmere until the end of the season.

I'm sure Tyke will have a view!

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on April 12, 2021, 08:35:36 pm by eastender »

Some turn out to be completely out of our league.

SM , are you saying that we have applications from Managers that are too good for us.
If so i find that bizarre.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 12, 2021, 08:40:52 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I’d like to see Neil Harris appointed good young manager, got millwall promoted and did a good job IMO Cardiff didn’t quite work but think would be a good appointment

Surely not our kind of style of play?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on April 12, 2021, 08:41:03 pm by silent majority »

Do Rovers have a footballing philosophy at all?

Is there a style that the club would prefer that might meet a longer term stratergy or a way of playing and approach that wouldn't be acceptable?

There's a whole criteria list that each candidate is measured against. Obviously football philosophy and being able to meet footballing objectives score highly on that list, along with other football specific points. There's another dozen or so requirements which carry various weight as well.

So to answer your question, yes certain approaches to how the game is played could rule somebody out.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012