Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:17:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Last game of the season  (Read 1207 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Last game of the season
« on April 12, 2021, 10:23:14 pm by Draytonian III »
I’ve just seen that Sunderland vs Northampton has been moved from Saturday 8th of May 3pm to Sunday 9th of May 12pm. So more than likely our home match vs Peterborough will be moved as all the fixtures in the same league have to kick off at the same time

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
Re: Last game of the season
« Reply #1 on April 12, 2021, 11:08:40 pm by eastender »
I’ve just seen that Sunderland vs Northampton has been moved from Saturday 8th of May 3pm to Sunday 9th of May 12pm. So more than likely our home match vs Peterborough will be moved as all the fixtures in the same league have to kick off at the same time

Don't think that is correct, going back to the 16/17 season when we were nailed on Champions, Our final game against Hartlepool kicked off at 5.30pm to satisfy TV , all the other games had finished at 5pm.
I could be wrong though.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 11:12:35 pm by eastender »

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 12, 2021, 11:13:32 pm by Janso »

Don't think that is correct, going back to the 16/17 season when we were nailed on Champions, Our final game against Hartlepool kicked off at 5.30pm to satisfy TV ,after all the other games had finished at 5pm.
I could be wrong though.

You are. Plymouth conceded about 5 minutes into their match, and we were celebrating not long after kick off that Grimsby had scored cos it put us top. Pompey put about five past their opponents. Definitely at the same time - Newport survived after the final whistle at Hartlepool having been relegated going into stoppage time.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 13, 2021, 07:27:47 am by drfchound »

Don't think that is correct, going back to the 16/17 season when we were nailed on Champions, Our final game against Hartlepool kicked off at 5.30pm to satisfy TV ,after all the other games had finished at 5pm.
I could be wrong though.

You are. Plymouth conceded about 5 minutes into their match, and we were celebrating not long after kick off that Grimsby had scored cos it put us top. Pompey put about five past their opponents. Definitely at the same time - Newport survived after the final whistle at Hartlepool having been relegated going into stoppage time.

Yep, definitely that Janso.  I remember talking with fans of Hartlepool after the game and then getting the other scores when we got back into the car.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 13, 2021, 08:12:06 am by Draytonian III »
If you’re interested have a look on the official Peterborough United website and scroll across to the Peterborough Telegraph page.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 13, 2021, 08:40:39 am by Surrey Rover »

Rovers match has been moved.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/start-time-confirmed-for-doncaster-rovers-trip-to-shrewsbury-town-as-efl-announce-final-day-and-play-off-schedule-3197404

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 13, 2021, 08:58:08 am by RoversAlias »
That's me out of watching the final day game then due to work. They always do this, couldn't they confirm it a bit earlier than a couple of weeks beforehand?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 13, 2021, 09:43:30 am by Metalmicky »
That's me out of watching the final day game then due to work. They always do this, couldn't they confirm it a bit earlier than a couple of weeks beforehand?

TBF, it is actually nearly 4 weeks away........ On the bright side, you'll hopefully be available for the play-offs  :whistle:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012