Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 10:11:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Manager selection update  (Read 93166 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Manager selection update
« Reply #120 on April 24, 2021, 07:53:33 pm by DonnyOsmond »
It does sound like Gavin is making a decision using a lot of decent information. There's people on here thinking they'd make a better decision talking out their arses.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on April 24, 2021, 07:56:04 pm by turnbull for england »
Yeah but born and bred in England. For me that makes him English.
IF a dog has it pups in a stable does that make it a horse? Morre is Jamaican and will of been brought up that way. My niece was born in Germany, she not German.

I think there’s a bit of a difference - Moore was born in Birmingham and was brought up and educated there. I don’t know about how he qualified for playing for Jamaica but it could just be via a grandparent. There are English players representing countries all around the world who are on no more than nodding terms with that country and in some instances have never even visited that country.
just look at Jack Charlton when he managed the republic of Ireland  , some of the players did not know they qualified to play for them

Some players played for the RI that didn't qualify through family as well, Cascarino comes to mind!

His grandfather was Irish, however, he found out later on that he was adopted so that made it a bit more complicated. The initial call up was when he was under the impression that he qualified though.

Nearly

It was his Mother that was adopted and therefore had no linage to the Irish connection

He did have an Irish Setter though.  ;)

Was it called Maurice?

Did he speak of the pompatus of love

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on April 24, 2021, 07:59:11 pm by lee.j09 »
A pretty poor process that’s got us in the state we are currently!

It’s so obvious that we need a director of football, someone that will stick around! There’s no consistency at all. Change of manager and squad overhaul year on year. It’s tedious!

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on April 24, 2021, 08:01:55 pm by lee.j09 »
Also I’m not being funny but how many “5 year plans” has he now failed to deliver as a Chief executive? Times up.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on April 24, 2021, 08:02:29 pm by DonnyOsmond »

It’s so obvious that we need a director of football, someone that will stick around! There’s no consistency at all. Change of manager and squad overhaul year on year. It’s tedious!

You can't blame the recruitment process for hiring managers who are headhunted by higher up clubs.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on April 24, 2021, 08:04:50 pm by vaya »
Also I’m not being funny but how many “5 year plans” has he now failed to deliver as a Chief executive? Times up.

The club isn't run off outputs from an internet forum. No matter how many times you post it, he's unlikely to be sacked.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on April 24, 2021, 08:05:18 pm by lee.j09 »

You can't blame the recruitment process for hiring managers who are headhunted by higher up clubs.

Can’t see butler being head hunted can you?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on April 24, 2021, 08:06:50 pm by DonnyOsmond »

That wasn't using the recruitment process...

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on April 24, 2021, 08:10:16 pm by lee.j09 »

That wasn't using the recruitment process...

No process at all then what happened did he just walk into the managers office sit down and say it’s mine now?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on April 24, 2021, 08:11:34 pm by scawsby steve »
I wouldn't mind the Rotherham manager if their Chairman decided a change was needed at the end of the season.

We're already past the deadline for applications.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on April 24, 2021, 08:14:08 pm by Michael Gibson »
Gavin Baldwin.....

Why on earth people think he’s great is a joke... attendances have nearly halved whilst he’s been here.   We’re in league 1 still, so not progressed one bit, no progression with the youth team whatsoever, managers and decent players leave at the drop of a hat.... that’s fact...

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on April 24, 2021, 08:19:22 pm by vaya »
Gavin Baldwin.....

Why on earth people think he’s great is a joke... attendances have nearly halved whilst he’s been here.   We’re in league 1 still, so not progressed one bit, no progression with the youth team whatsoever, managers and decent players leave at the drop of a hat.... that’s fact...

Thanks. I think you've touched on this before.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on April 24, 2021, 08:21:33 pm by Padge_DRFC »
As long as he knows if they appoint Butler we won't sell 2000 season tickets and have sod all budget then he'll do for me.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on April 24, 2021, 08:29:09 pm by belton rover »
IF a dog has it pups in a stable does that make it a horse? Morre is Jamaican and will of been brought up that way. My niece was born in Germany, she not German.

I think there’s a bit of a difference - Moore was born in Birmingham and was brought up and educated there. I don’t know about how he qualified for playing for Jamaica but it could just be via a grandparent. There are English players representing countries all around the world who are on no more than nodding terms with that country and in some instances have never even visited that country.
just look at Jack Charlton when he managed the republic of Ireland  , some of the players did not know they qualified to play for them

Some players played for the RI that didn't qualify through family as well, Cascarino comes to mind!

His grandfather was Irish, however, he found out later on that he was adopted so that made it a bit more complicated. The initial call up was when he was under the impression that he qualified though.

Nearly

It was his Mother that was adopted and therefore had no linage to the Irish connection

He did have an Irish Setter though.  ;)

Was it called Maurice?

Did he speak of the pompatus of love
He’ll be right here, right here, right here, right here at home.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on April 24, 2021, 08:52:21 pm by Campsall rover »
Gavin Baldwin.....

Our ave attendance in 2019/20 up to the curtailment of the season was 8,000
Please can you tell me when we have had ave attendances of nearly 16,000.

Think Mr Gibson you need to do your homework. The last time we had an ave attendance of nearly 16,000 was back in the 1950’s  I don’t think Gavin Baldwin was even a twinkle in his parents eye in the 1950’s let alone Chief Executive of DRFC.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on April 24, 2021, 09:06:59 pm by roversdude »
Think Michael has a personal grudge against Gavin. Unfortunately there is only one of them who speaks sense and he is employed by Rovers

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on April 24, 2021, 09:21:35 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Michael why should we blame Gavin Baldwin?
Let’s look at the cleaners, the tannoy announcer, the ticket office staff... PLEASE think your comments through.
I’ve met GB on numerous occasions, both casually and in meetings. He’s been the “ best signing” my club has made in years. To use someone else’s quote. I may not agree with every thing he and the board have ever done but, that’s life. The owners & GB are going nowhere ( and rightly so). What should we talk about now ? RTID.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on April 24, 2021, 09:39:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

That was when they used to say that FAI (FA of Ireland) stood for "Find An Irishman".

As for Moore, of course he's English. Born of people who had made England their home, then raised, educated and lived all his life in England. It's ridiculous to claim he's anything other than English.

WarwickRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on April 24, 2021, 09:47:51 pm by WarwickRover »
Gavin Baldwin.....

Gavin Baldwin.....

Micheal You are ‘Lobby Hood’ I claim my prize!!!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on April 24, 2021, 09:48:36 pm by PDX_Rover »
Some people don’t live in the economic reality do they?

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on April 25, 2021, 06:52:48 am by BigH »
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans”

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on April 25, 2021, 09:31:33 am by River Don »

The process has found some half decent managers. It isn't the fault of the process that those individuals have walked out on the club leaving it up shitcreak.

It's pretty obvious now that holding on to managers is a big problem Rovers face now. A Director of Football is a decent suggestion and it is something the club is considering now, according to SM.

But the reality is talented players and managers are always going to be in demand and whilst ever Rovers unearth them, they are going to struggle to hang on to them for long.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on April 25, 2021, 09:41:30 am by wilts rover »
If we, a League 1 club who will only be able to attract League 1 players rather than world class stars, decide to appoint a Director of Football and a Head Coach - which one of these decides which players we are to sign and what tacital formation we will play?

If this is not to be the Director of Football - then what will they be doing all week?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on April 25, 2021, 09:54:38 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Go on, then, tell us what you want - the board to appoint another talented manager who will attract attention from other clubs, or a mediocre one who won't?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on April 25, 2021, 10:15:08 am by River Don »
If we, a League 1 club who will only be able to attract League 1 players rather than world class stars, decide to appoint a Director of Football and a Head Coach - which one of these decides which players we are to sign and what tacital formation we will play?

If this is not to be the Director of Football - then what will they be doing all week?

A Director of football would decide on a style of football and would be responsible for identifying players to suit that objective. The director of football would have input on how players are trained right across the club. Youth teams and all.

Of course whilst a coach is in position, I'd expect it to be a collaborative process.

The team coach would be responsible for the day to day running of things, training, selecting a team on the match days, formations. All the detail.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on April 25, 2021, 10:46:41 am by Padge_DRFC »
When is the date the manager will be announced set at currently?

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on April 25, 2021, 10:52:44 am by keith79 »
July before the start of preseason training

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on April 25, 2021, 10:54:47 am by DonnyOsmond »

I think SM said 11th May earlier in the thread.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on April 25, 2021, 11:17:49 am by Janso »
July before the start of preseason training

Yeah cos we start preseason training in May.  :woot: :silly:

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on April 25, 2021, 12:06:31 pm by tyke1962 »
To protect yourselves against your managers getting head hunted by bigger clubs in the future I wonder if it would be worth inserting a financial release clause when you hire your next manager .

For instance when New York RB took our HC Gerhard Struber off us at the beginning of the season it cost them $2m .

Ok you still lose your HC but at least you are well compensated to attract a decent replacement .

Maybe this is something Rovers do , I don't know .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012