Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:49:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Manager selection update  (Read 92766 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Manager selection update
« Reply #30 on April 21, 2021, 08:09:00 pm by roversdude »
All credit has to go to the club for the McCann appointment. I remember feeling distinctly underwhelmed as he emerged as the leading contender. But from his first press conference you could see exactly why he impressed the club so much during the recruitment process, and that passion and enthusiasm really transformed the club for a period. Still a great shame that he left  at the first opportunity.
It’s called ambition,  Ferguson &Moore felt the same . We can always find good managers we just keep them ... why is that ?!

Because our board give them such a good platform to look good on

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 21, 2021, 08:18:19 pm by robchester »
Thanks Martin awesome news

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 21, 2021, 08:19:42 pm by Branton Rover »
The talk of retaining a manager is paramount & I wonder if somebody like a Martin O’Neill was to apply - I’d appoint him there and then, I know there’s a process we go through - but I did predict Moore the last time around - O’Neill is 69 years old and won’t be looking to move on elsewhere & then people will say he’s too old and passed it, well he’s still 3 years younger than Warnock.
Just a thought!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 21, 2021, 08:25:10 pm by Wild Rover »
I wonder if Danny Rose might have applied. Home town. Not got even Squad number at TH. Contract must be about up. Probably learned lots from some good managers. Maybe he fancies a "Coaches" job.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 21, 2021, 09:35:12 pm by godlike1 »
Cheers SM in know data protection or something similar will stop any names coming out of those who have applied in the past.

However may be Good for fans moral to know some names.

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 21, 2021, 09:44:04 pm by redandwhitearmy »
Interesting, thanks SM.

What I'd like to know is at what point does a applicant make there expectations known?

For example, Chris Wilder applies. Of course his CV would surely make him a stand out applicant but he'd almost certainly be out of our league financially.

Would somebody speak with him prior to a interview? Would he disclose his expectations with his CV and application? Or would we shortlist,interview and then rule him out from there?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 21, 2021, 09:47:38 pm by MachoMadness »
I wonder if Danny Rose might have applied. Home town. Not got even Squad number at TH. Contract must be about up. Probably learned lots from some good managers. Maybe he fancies a "Coaches" job.
I'd prefer it if we got his auntie Jan in to sort the KMS catering out.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 04:01:14 pm by MachoMadness »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 21, 2021, 10:24:16 pm by silent majority »
Interesting, thanks SM.

What I'd like to know is at what point does a applicant make there expectations known?

For example, Chris Wilder applies. Of course his CV would surely make him a stand out applicant but he'd almost certainly be out of our league financially.

Would somebody speak with him prior to a interview? Would he disclose his expectations with his CV and application? Or would we shortlist,interview and then rule him out from there?

Oh that would be done very early on, a long time before the interview process would begin. My understanding is that where it's happened before, and I must stress it's a very, very, rare instance, discussions about expectations would result in an amicable decision not to make a formal application.

It's only the same in other occupations though. I know that I've approached agencies or companies in the past to enquire about a vacancy and when learning of the financial package I've decided not to submit an application. It's no different in football.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 22, 2021, 01:00:01 am by Bristol Red Rover »
SM - thanks for the detailed easy to understand info :)

When I hear 120 have applied, is there any chance of giving us an example of the types applying? It must be very wide, nmaybe including a Viking Forum member or two?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 22, 2021, 08:39:33 am by Metalmicky »

He's only 30....... even if it isn't at Spurs, I can't imagine him hanging up his boots just yet.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 22, 2021, 09:05:35 am by ravenrover »
Hasn't he rocked up at Spurs and said he wants to be involved again now that Jose has gone?

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 22, 2021, 09:44:40 am by BradwellRover »

When I hear 120 have applied, is there any chance of giving us an example of the types applying? It must be very wide, nmaybe including a Viking Forum member or two?

My win % on Championship Manager was amazing. And this one year I got 35 goals out of Curtis Main...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 22, 2021, 11:15:45 am by One_Matty_Lucas »

My win % on Championship Manager was amazing. And this one year I got 35 goals out of Curtis Main...

Thanks but no thanks, you're clearly overqualified for Rovers and will jump ship asap.
35 goals from Curtis Main...unbelievable!

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 22, 2021, 11:27:08 am by northern soul »

Not played it for a while.
Does it now record goals in training too?

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 22, 2021, 12:40:35 pm by ctay »
Bring back Lewis Guy if training counts!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 22, 2021, 12:43:30 pm by Campsall rover »

Get your application in at Tottenham Hotspur. With your ability to get Cutis Main to score 35 goals
( assuming that’s in a season and not a career  ;)  )  you must be the bookies favourite for the job.

Rovers job is a non starter as we couldn’t possibly afford you.
 :) :) :)

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 22, 2021, 12:56:16 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
I wonder if Ryan Mason fancies it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 22, 2021, 01:30:48 pm by silent majority »
Thanks Martin it’s going to be interesting how we go about keeping a manager going forward.
Is there a remit that the new person can bring in their own team or at least assistant

Some subtle changes to the contracts have been discussed, I can't go into detail on that score obviously, but it is something that the club will do if they can.

I think back room staff will be unique to each individual so I'm sure that will become part of the interview process.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 22, 2021, 01:41:03 pm by drfchound »

Thanks but no thanks, you're clearly overqualified for Rovers and will jump ship asap.
35 goals from Curtis Main...unbelievable!

Maybe he just needs the right manager.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 22, 2021, 02:00:15 pm by keith79 »
the man hates the town. Its a no from me

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 22, 2021, 02:21:49 pm by the vicar »
surely he ant got  the criteria
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 06:32:48 pm by the vicar »

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 22, 2021, 03:33:42 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Danny Rose? Just when you thought this forum couldn't get stupider.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 22, 2021, 03:46:34 pm by Wild Rover »
Stick around Padge. You may be surprised.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 22, 2021, 04:36:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Please tell us that the interviews are going to be done remotely, so that we can be spared the usual 'random name spotted in Bawtry' rubbish.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 22, 2021, 05:15:25 pm by silent majority »
Please tell us that the interviews are going to be done remotely, so that we can be spared the usual 'random name spotted in Bawtry' rubbish.

They always are, which makes me smile when I see that being posted!

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 22, 2021, 05:43:17 pm by northern soul »

Always provides a bit of excitement, but you never know they might stay overnight if they're not local, or from this country. :-)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 22, 2021, 06:56:56 pm by PDX_Rover »
KK spotted in the Turnpike.

But it was Kevin Kennedy, who’s only managerial experience was at Bettabuys.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 22, 2021, 07:09:54 pm by Jonathan »
KK spotted in the Turnpike.

But it was Kevin Kennedy, who’s only managerial experience was at Bettabuys.

Watts he got to offer?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 22, 2021, 07:36:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Always provides a bit of excitement, but you never know they might stay overnight if they're not local, or from this country. :-)

I meant remotely as in 'over the internet'!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 22, 2021, 08:00:06 pm by Chris Black come back »
19 years since we appointed a full time manager who was English. What chance that run being broken next month?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012