Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 12:03:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Manager selection update  (Read 93219 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Manager selection update
« Reply #960 on May 14, 2021, 12:06:40 pm by dickos1 »
Yes
Put £600 on and you’ll get £700 back

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Cameron Rowe

• Forum Member
« Reply #961 on May 14, 2021, 12:19:11 pm by Cameron Rowe »
Is it worth putting money on Robinson? SM

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #962 on May 14, 2021, 12:35:22 pm by bedale rover »
Is it worth putting money on Robinson? SM

You can but ask?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #963 on May 14, 2021, 12:53:24 pm by Wild Rover »
SM said "Joining the club" is that a hint as RW would be "Re-Joining".

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #964 on May 14, 2021, 01:22:37 pm by redandwhitearmy »
SM said "Joining the club" is that a hint as RW would be "Re-Joining".

I doubt he would've put "re-joining" as it would've given the entire thing away.

I'm sure he's not at liberty to give it away,  we will all just have to wait patiently.  :silly:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #965 on May 14, 2021, 01:40:07 pm by graingrover »
Wellens n Copps !

Cameron Rowe

• Forum Member
« Reply #966 on May 14, 2021, 01:58:39 pm by Cameron Rowe »
Look on twitter someones posted a video of him liking there tweet

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #967 on May 14, 2021, 02:15:50 pm by Copps is Magic »
Wellens. Intense character. Undoubted footballing ability, does that translate into a management philosophy?

Has indicated a desire to manage us in the past, but left us last time because the 'commute was too long' and swinging left and rights with Butler in the car park. Reformed character? Man management?

With our modest/realistic budget does he have the knowledge to identify and bring young talent to the club?

I would have liked to see him have a longer apprenticeship and some of the questions above answered above, but as it is I am willing to give him a chance (which for me means longer than 1 season).

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #968 on May 14, 2021, 03:14:18 pm by redandwhitearmy »
Wellens. Intense character. Undoubted footballing ability, does that translate into a management philosophy?

Has indicated a desire to manage us in the past, but left us last time because the 'commute was too long' and swinging left and rights with Butler in the car park. Reformed character? Man management?

With our modest/realistic budget does he have the knowledge to identify and bring young talent to the club?

I would have liked to see him have a longer apprenticeship and some of the questions above answered above, but as it is I am willing to give him a chance (which for me means longer than 1 season).

Swinging left and rights  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #969 on May 14, 2021, 03:23:39 pm by Michael Gibson »
Wouldn’t say wellens is a 1/6 shot....

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #970 on May 14, 2021, 03:24:21 pm by eastender »

Swinging left and rights  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It wouldn't be the first time, allegedly .

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #971 on May 14, 2021, 03:25:20 pm by redandwhitearmy »

It's Wellens. He's even been toying with the fans liking tweets such as "like if you are the new manager Richie" he's been liking and then quickly unliking them soon after.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #972 on May 14, 2021, 07:40:11 pm by drfchound »

Well, apparently he is.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #973 on May 15, 2021, 12:33:48 am by eastender »

If true then that to me say's he hasn't got the job.
If he as got the job then that sort of interaction on social media is very unprofessional and disrespectful to DRFC as potential new employers.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #974 on May 15, 2021, 12:37:37 am by BobG »
Exactly what I was thinking Eastender!

BobG

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #975 on May 15, 2021, 01:34:08 am by RoversAlias »
It's harmless, honestly. Makes no difference to anything especially if he is the man already decided to take over.

Coppinger liked a load of "one more year" tweets a few weeks ago despite the fact he was indeed retiring, that isn't much different.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #976 on May 15, 2021, 01:41:35 am by BobG »
Fair enough :)

BobG

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #977 on May 15, 2021, 03:29:09 am by Padge_DRFC »

If true then that to me say's he hasn't got the job.
If he as got the job then that sort of interaction on social media is very unprofessional and disrespectful to DRFC as potential new employers.

Wellens out

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #978 on May 15, 2021, 05:38:26 am by PDX_Rover »
I’m not convinced about Wellens’ trustworthiness. He must have done some forelock tugging and apologising in his interviews...

I’d have gone for Robinson personally, but then I’m not the one writing the massive cheques each year, so I have faith that the board have once again made a good, diligent decision and asked the hard questions. It’s classy of them to let bygones be bygones.

RTID.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #979 on May 15, 2021, 06:23:29 am by Nudga »
I don't remember this story about Wellens and Butler trading blows, what was the craic there?

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #980 on May 15, 2021, 06:28:30 am by godlike1 »
I’m not convinced about Wellens’ trustworthiness. He must have done some forelock tugging and apologising in his interviews...

I’d have gone for Robinson personally, but then I’m not the one writing the massive cheques each year, so I have faith that the board have once again made a good, diligent decision and asked the hard questions. It’s classy of them to let bygones be bygones.

RTID.

Have to say that it's looking more and more likely to be wellens given all the articles coming out. I'm really disappointed if I'm honest as I think Robinson would have been a huge appointment for us and perfect for where the club is.

Everything I've heard tells me Wellens is just not what we want or need. I hope to be proved wrong obviously and that he can turn the club around. I can just see his ego screwing Everything up

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #981 on May 15, 2021, 06:47:41 am by mushRTID »
I don't remember this story about Wellens and Butler trading blows, what was the craic there?

Me neither, hear plenty of people referring to it but can’t remember anything at the time.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #982 on May 15, 2021, 08:09:47 am by Jonathan »
It looks very much like it’s Wellens. And when you listen to his interviews, once you get past the Manchester accent and occasional butchering of the English language, he has some really insightful views on how the game should be played.

He’s still a developing manager (and I think that’s what we wanted / expected) and I honestly think he might surprise a few on here and you’ll find he’s a far more balanced and considered character than his reputation suggests. As he develops, his character will evolve and I dare say he’s not the same person that clearly upset people with his approach and actions 10 years or so ago. We all change our perspectives as we grow, don’t we. 

In the interviews I’ve listened to there’s been plenty of responsibility, humility and sharing praise with others. But clearly the desire is there and his expectations in terms of what he gets back from the players will be very high. We desperately need that.   

Let’s wipe the slate clean and give him a chance. It’ll be a tough job, like it would’ve been for any manager, and it won’t all be plain sailing. But it’s in all our interests for him to succeed. He’s obviously convinced the panel, who don’t suffer fools, and they’ve picked him ahead of a load of other decent candidates. Given the views some people have on him, it would have been very easy to just chuck his application out and pick someone else, but it looks like they haven't, and we know they are acting in the best interests of the club. So now we should back him too.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 08:14:09 am by Jonathan »

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #983 on May 15, 2021, 08:12:16 am by rtid88 »
Betting suspended on Bernard Morley and Anthony Johnson on Sky Bet???

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #984 on May 15, 2021, 08:15:27 am by Retdon1 »
Betting suspended on Bernard Morley and Anthony Johnson on Sky Bet???

Half the market is suspended so I wouldn’t worry

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #985 on May 15, 2021, 08:20:48 am by selby »
  Can anyone tell me the name of a top manager who isn't a bit sparky when ruffled.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #986 on May 15, 2021, 08:22:47 am by Filo »
Being abrasive and falling out with players, top players at that never did Fergie snr any harm, the most decorated manager in the English game

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #987 on May 15, 2021, 08:37:23 am by Cramby10 »
Having read the numerous comments about Wellens you can hear the knives sharpening from certain fans waiting for him to slip up already. And I sure when he does they’ll be there ready to stick them into him and say “I told you so” with a great deal of glee. Sad really.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #988 on May 15, 2021, 09:06:30 am by NickDRFC »
Being abrasive and falling out with players, top players at that never did Fergie snr any harm, the most decorated manager in the English game

With those sorts of managers you might get a few fall outs but if you get the right squad in place the majority will run through brick walls for the boss.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #989 on May 15, 2021, 09:46:33 am by idler »
Having read the numerous comments about Wellens you can hear the knives sharpening from certain fans waiting for him to slip up already. And I sure when he does they’ll be there ready to stick them into him and say “I told you so” with a great deal of glee. Sad really.
I think that most regular posters know who post regularly whether we win or lose and praise or criticise as they see fit
They also know those that always seem to have the same agenda and only post after a defeat or poor performance to have a dig at the club, manager or board.
Surely if you can be bothered to post after a defeat you would also feel inclined to post after a win. I tend to take with a pinch of salt their views as their stance is obvious.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012