Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:08:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Should there be a Parliamentary Inquiry into Johnson's handling of covid?  (Read 10802 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Why is that Ldr? What Labour policies do you so despise that you'd prefer a habitual liar as PM to them?

Personalities rather than policies BST

So pretty much saying you would prefer a lying, sleazy, morally and financially corrupt leader and all but neo-fascist party - who would rather bung millions to their mates and donors then feed hunry children or offer finacial support to 3m small businesses struggling in a pandemic - because they are led by someone who is funny?

The country as we know it is doomed.

if you're happy and you know it clap your hands ....................

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Why is that Ldr? What Labour policies do you so despise that you'd prefer a habitual liar as PM to them?

So pretty much saying you would prefer a lying, sleazy, morally and financially corrupt leader and all but neo-fascist party - who would rather bung millions to their mates and donors then feed hunry children or offer finacial support to 3m small businesses struggling in a pandemic - because they are led by someone who is funny?

You'd think a decent opposition party would cut through though wouldn't you Sydney .

I mean if the government is as corrupt as many are claiming which by the way I don't doubt for minute then the next election should be a slam dunk for Labour .

Those horrible fruit cakes on the left back in the box , a credible leader the Tory press can't get an angle on because he's so pure .

I mean for goodness sake the Labour leader isn't facing off against Thatcher it's a buffoon who if he speaks three words two of em are lies .

How easy does it have to be ?

How's the polls doing ?

I hear Labour have shaved 1% off the Tory lead on the back of this wallpaper business .

The biggest scandal yet and a 1% gain .

It's not going to be a great look next week when Labour are trashed in the elections which looks extremely likely .

I blame the Telegraph myself but that's just me .

:rolleyes:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
The story now coming from Tory sources is that Johnson had now idea what bills his missus was running up on the flat until he was lumbered with the bill (said  to be £200k). And apparently he is skint because he ex-wife (the one he left after she was diagnosed with cancer) took him to the cleaners over his divorce (the divorce he was sorting out in that 20 days when he pretty much vanished in Feb last year as COVID was taking hold.

So apparently, the Cabinet Office, Tory party and donors covered the bill. Then journalists and Opposition MPs started asking questions 2-3 months ago and he realised he was in deep shit over this, so he has taken out a huge bank loan to pay them back. But as of today, there is no sign that he has submitted the loan on the Register of Interests, which he is obliged to do.

The Sunday Times today reported that it's believed Cummings has a huge stash of e-mails and Whats App messages from Johnson that suggests there are some other firecrackers waiting to be exposed. And that Cummings has said he wants to bring Johnson down and see Sunak at No10. Which might explain why Sunak has not exactly been conspicuous in shouting out support for Johnson this past week.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member

You'd think a decent opposition party would cut through though wouldn't you Sydney .

I mean if the government is as corrupt as many are claiming which by the way I don't doubt for minute then the next election should be a slam dunk for Labour .

Those horrible fruit cakes on the left back in the box , a credible leader the Tory press can't get an angle on because he's so pure .

I mean for goodness sake the Labour leader isn't facing off against Thatcher it's a buffoon who if he speaks three words two of em are lies .

How easy does it have to be ?

How's the polls doing ?

I hear Labour have shaved 1% off the Tory lead on the back of this wallpaper business .

The biggest scandal yet and a 1% gain .

It's not going to be a great look next week when Labour are trashed in the elections which looks extremely likely .

I blame the Telegraph myself but that's just me .

:rolleyes:

Tyke. 10 days ago, the Tories' lead in the polls was 8-10%, in great part due to people on the Left having deserted Labour since the New Year. Over the weekend, there were four polls published, with the average Tory lead being 4%.

I know you are obsessed with Labour and Starmer being a failure, but I suggest you show a bit of patience on this. There is a long, long way before the next election and a lot of water to flow under the bridge.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Tyke, what is required is strong and steady leadership and messaging ......... one voice, there's a long time to the main event, all sides have to give a bit and Starmer as I see it is clearing a path because he knows as well as anyone 'disunity is death'

Some are going to have there noses put out but maybe they should hold them instead and support someone that is going to be acceptable to enough at the right time. If the left of the party won't play ball and bring the left along it means Starmer will have to move more centrally to get the votes required.

I posted before about those saying 'people won't vote labour because a,b,c,d,e ...... etc and like Ldr's comment how do you counter insanity, johnson over Starmer!!! ffs. Would you prefer May, Cameron, Raab, Patel, Gove take your pick Ldr, it's not a serious argument.

It's not here on the forum that labour will win it's out there in the real world and if any cannot see and take a lessons from Biden then they deserve yet another tory government.

And you are correct to blame certain papers but they are just looking after the many hands that feed them.

This is a battle that will last the ages, eternal vigilance etc. Emily Pankhurst was still alive when my parents were born

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
No NNK, The only problem I have is with people like you. The supreme court stopped short of saying Johnson had an improper motive for proroguing parliament, nor did it say he lied.

At least we've cleared up the misunderstanding as to the legitimacy of Johnson's absence from some of the COBRA meetings.

I think you should take a trip to Barnard Castle BB as the problem you seem to have is the ability to read what's writ!  here's what I said again....

Johnson went to the Queen and told her, illegally, and lying, that he had to prorogue parliament. He was subsequently taken to court and lost!

Are you suggesting that he didn't go to the Queen and lie? Did the Supreme Court not rule that Johnson's proroguing of parliament was against the law?  As that is all I said in my sentence above!  A simple yes or no will suffice.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
I'm not suggesting anything! I'm telling you that the supreme court stopped short of saying Johnson had an improper motive for proroguing parliament, nor did it say he lied.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Tyke, what is required is strong and steady leadership and messaging ......... one voice, there's a long time to the main event, all sides have to give a bit and Starmer as I see it is clearing a path because he knows as well as anyone 'disunity is death'

Some are going to have there noses put out but maybe they should hold them instead and support someone that is going to be acceptable to enough at the right time. If the left of the party won't play ball and bring the left along it means Starmer will have to move more centrally to get the votes required.

I posted before about those saying 'people won't vote labour because a,b,c,d,e ...... etc and like Ldr's comment how do you counter insanity, johnson over Starmer!!! ffs. Would you prefer May, Cameron, Raab, Patel, Gove take your pick Ldr, it's not a serious argument.

It's not here on the forum that labour will win it's out there in the real world and if any cannot see and take a lessons from Biden then they deserve yet another tory government.

And you are correct to blame certain papers but they are just looking after the many hands that feed them.

This is a battle that will last the ages, eternal vigilance etc. Emily Pankhurst was still alive when my parents were born

I'm afraid the guilt-tripping angle to get people to vote Labour is a pretty flawed strategy if the party isn't worth supporting in its own right .

drfchound

• Forum Member

I'm afraid the guilt-tripping angle to get people to vote Labour is a pretty flawed strategy if the party isn't worth supporting in its own right .

Too right tyke.

Filo

• VSC Member

It’s a simple thing tyke, if you don’t want a continuation of the Tories and the shit show that we have, you have to vote for the largest opposition party, even if that means holding your nose, failure to do that is effectively a vote for more of the same shit we have now

ravenrover

• VSC Member
No NNK, The only problem I have is with people like you. The supreme court stopped short of saying Johnson had an improper motive for proroguing parliament, nor did it say he lied.

At least we've cleared up the misunderstanding as to the legitimacy of Johnson's absence from some of the COBRA meetings.

I think you should take a trip to Barnard Castle BB as the problem you seem to have is the ability to read what's writ!  here's what I said again....

Johnson went to the Queen and told her, illegally, and lying, that he had to prorogue parliament. He was subsequently taken to court and lost!

Are you suggesting that he didn't go to the Queen and lie? Did the Supreme Court not rule that Johnson's proroguing of parliament was against the law?  As that is all I said in my sentence above!  A simple yes or no will suffice.

Wasn't it Rees Mogg who actually lied to the Queen?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Tyke.
Which Labour policies do you so gutterally object to?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member

not a guilt trip Tyke, fact, take it or leave it.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
I wouldn't vote Labour because I don't trust them. I believe once they were in power the left of the party could take over and change the manifesto that voted the party in. They would never get in power with left-wing intentions so could gain the more moderate voters by deceit with a more right-wing approach.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
and you trust johson and his cronies, dearie me

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Over Labour? You bet!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
I have never thought you have given the slightest inkling that you would support labour, you can correct me if I'm wrong with a few of your memorable comments if you wish.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
The last time Labour had any appeal in my eyes was when Blair and Brown were leaders.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Did you vote for them at that time?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Might have done, but it's hardly any of your business.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
I'll take that as a no then, thank you

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
I wouldn't vote Labour because I don't trust them. I believe once they were in power the left of the party could take over and change the manifesto that voted the party in. They would never get in power with left-wing intentions so could gain the more moderate voters by deceit with a more right-wing approach.

Just like has happened all the other times Labour has been in power...

Whereas, when the Tory party actually WAS hijacked by the far right and booted out a string of moderates in 2019, not a word of criticism from you.

Almost like you're not actually interested in principles at all...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
And that coming from a bloke who actually suggested that Labour cheat the public by claiming to be more right-wing to get into power and then turn their backs on the principles that that got them there!

ee bah gum lad!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
It only matters to those that are likely to vote labour.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
You're preaching to the minority then.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
And that coming from a person who once again proves himself incapable of drawing logical conclusions from what he reads.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member

Remind me why I should listen to a person that had to be told that twitter didn't write its own comments, another tip for you bb the Royal Mail doesn't write all the letters.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
And that coming from a person who once again proves himself incapable of drawing logical conclusions from what he reads.
You stick to your conclusions and I'll stick to mine.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member

Remind me why I should listen to a person that had to be told that twitter didn't write its own comments, another tip for you bb the Royal Mail doesn't write all the letters.

What?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
You stick to your conclusions and I'll stick to mine.
You generally do. Despite all the facts showing you to be wrong.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012