Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:48:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rochdale v TLOD  (Read 6916 times)

jmt23

• Forum Member
Re: Rochdale v TLOD
« Reply #120 on May 01, 2021, 04:59:19 pm by jmt23 »
yeah mention their number 3 earlier, looks a good player - on loan from Luton though

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on May 01, 2021, 04:59:41 pm by Filo »
A win is a win, baffling initial substitutions taking off the three most effective players

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on May 01, 2021, 05:00:06 pm by glosterred »
A positive result in the run in to the end of season, again too little to late.

On to Tuesday and onwards and upwards

COYR

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on May 01, 2021, 05:00:18 pm by sha66y »
Well done Posh for keeping it together ( that hurt)

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on May 01, 2021, 05:04:24 pm by sha66y »
The top 7 teams all scored 3 goals in here respective games........hate saying it but that’s how you finish the season if your team is consistent and strong enough ......

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on May 01, 2021, 05:04:33 pm by Not Now Kato »
Crazy substitutions, but a win's a win  :scarf:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on May 01, 2021, 05:05:03 pm by drfchound »
Well, I'm glad we won. But we made it very hard for ourselves after those substitutions, not sure what Butler was doing changing so much at once. Not like we need to save players for other important games coming up.

With Peterborough up, next weekend's game can solely be a focus on Coppinger now.

Hopefully Copps can be starting line up now.
Apart from the send off it is sadly a nothing match.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on May 01, 2021, 05:06:29 pm by drfchound »
Three teams chasing that last play off spot now.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on May 01, 2021, 05:16:54 pm by drfchound »
Derby one up at Swansea.
Derby just need a point to relegate Wednesday.

Well Derby lost but i just looke and hadnt realised that the last day fixture is Derby v Wednesday.
Big game.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on May 01, 2021, 05:20:54 pm by dknward2 »
if Rotherham win or draw in midweek going to be lots of different ways it can finish

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on May 01, 2021, 05:21:44 pm by Campsall rover »
Subs completely upset our game today.

We looked disjointed after they came on but limited Rochdale’s opportunities to score.
We defended pretty well and Jones looked very solid.

Have to say Copps was poor when he came on. His passing and shooting not up to his usual standard. He probably should have scored 2 goals.

Overall we didn’t half miss some chances. 3 times we had a break with 3 on 2
It could easily have been 6-6 

Anyway we got 100% commitment from everyone who crossed that white line today.
Just a pity we haven’t been doing it in most of the last 3 months.

When you look at the league table and all the points other teams have dropped we should have walked a play off place this season.
Looks like 74 points max will now will get 6th place.  :headbang:
What a missed opportunity this season has been.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on May 01, 2021, 05:24:30 pm by Bessie Red »
Okenabirhie just does not have it, that was an easy chance for a striker.
He has 11 goals in 29 league starts which is a decent record. With the right manager he would be close to 20 a season I reckon.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on May 01, 2021, 05:28:34 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Interesting last 10 coming up. Gutted for Louis. Deserved a clean sheet.

Good to see him so pissed off everytime he concedes.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on May 01, 2021, 05:44:10 pm by drfchound »
Okenabirhie just does not have it, that was an easy chance for a striker.
He has 11 goals in 29 league starts which is a decent record. With the right manager he would be close to 20 a season I reckon.

You also hav3 to take into consideration the role that Moore had put him in earlier in the season, up front on his own with little support.
With someone like JJ alongside him Fey could easily bag twenty goals next season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on May 01, 2021, 09:36:08 pm by Campsall rover »
The way we played today and the 4-4-2 system we could score a lot of goals with the players we currently have.
What we need is 2 top class central midfielders, proper MISTERS.
Players who can defend, pass the ball short and long and have the legs to get penalty box to penalty box.
Thinking about it Stock and Wellens ( 12 years ago ) would do very nicely.
Paul Green in his prime would be good.

No good dreaming about the past but we do need to find those central midfielders for next season and play Fej up front with a quick player like JJ

TJ playing in a wide role today suited him because he had the freedom to roam and express himself. It is no good asking him to defend in front of the central defenders because his abilities do not stretch to being able to do it without giving away free kicks in very dangerous areas and he then becomes a liability.

Play players so they can express their strengths not expose them to their weaknesses. Round pegs in round holes comes to mind.

I hope we can get a manager that does this and would love him to be able to get TJ and JJ back to the Keepmoat next season.
I also like Smith and a fully fit Sims but is Smith that strong midfielder we need.
I think we need at least 1 seasoned pro in there. Smith though does have huge potential and can only get better.
It is a real shame we could not keep Whiteman as i do think we had a very good team with him in it.

I hope the spirit shown in the last 2 games will now help to persuade those who have been offered contracts to sign them.
Even with the capitulation we have seen i do think we have the nucleus of a top 6 at least squad and need just a few quality additions to achieve our goal of championship football again.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 09:39:59 pm by Campsall rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on May 01, 2021, 10:24:31 pm by drfchound »
The way we played today and the 4-4-2 system we could score a lot of goals with the players we currently have.
What we need is 2 top class central midfielders, proper MISTERS.
Players who can defend, pass the ball short and long and have the legs to get penalty box to penalty box.
Thinking about it Stock and Wellens ( 12 years ago ) would do very nicely.
Paul Green in his prime would be good.

No good dreaming about the past but we do need to find those central midfielders for next season and play Fej up front with a quick player like JJ

TJ playing in a wide role today suited him because he had the freedom to roam and express himself. It is no good asking him to defend in front of the central defenders because his abilities do not stretch to being able to do it without giving away free kicks in very dangerous areas and he then becomes a liability.

Play players so they can express their strengths not expose them to their weaknesses. Round pegs in round holes comes to mind.

I hope we can get a manager that does this and would love him to be able to get TJ and JJ back to the Keepmoat next season.
I also like Smith and a fully fit Sims but is Smith that strong midfielder we need.
I think we need at least 1 seasoned pro in there. Smith though does have huge potential and can only get better.
It is a real shame we could not keep Whiteman as i do think we had a very good team with him in it.

I hope the spirit shown in the last 2 games will now help to persuade those who have been offered contracts to sign them.
Even with the capitulation we have seen i do think we have the nucleus of a top 6 at least squad and need just a few quality additions to achieve our goal of championship football again.

Camps, you do still keep telling us about TJ ?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on May 01, 2021, 10:34:22 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Taylor Jichards?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on May 01, 2021, 11:19:35 pm by Campsall rover »
Sorry hound have been doing it all day. On my texts that I have been sending also.

:chair:  :zzz:  It must be that I will be a senior citizen on 17th May 66yrs young and get my State pension. Senior moments getting all too frequent.

As long as we all know who i mean.  ;)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on May 02, 2021, 07:58:26 am by drfchound »
Sorry hound have been doing it all day. On my texts that I have been sending also.

:chair:  :zzz:  It must be that I will be a senior citizen on 17th May 66yrs young and get my State pension. Senior moments getting all too frequent.

As long as we all know who i mean.  ;)

LoL Camps.
No worries as far as I am concerned, I just find it funny that you have that mental block over the TJ thing.
As for getting older, don’t knock it mate, it is far better than the alternative.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on May 02, 2021, 03:33:27 pm by ravenrover »
Or should it be TJJ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012