Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:25:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Blackpool v TLOD  (Read 5290 times)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
Re: Blackpool v TLOD
« Reply #90 on May 04, 2021, 09:40:42 pm by Lesonthewest »
I suggest a good manager worth their salt will get these players playing to their strengths, if they stay of course.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on May 04, 2021, 09:58:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Bostock is one of our most technically gifted player but he isn't Whiteman. We were built to be a counter attacking team, Whiteman was good at picking the ball up from the defence then pinging a quick direct ball out wide, where as Bostock is a lot more intricate, possibly slowing down our play currently, under a different style of play he could be brilliant.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on May 04, 2021, 10:06:37 pm by Campsall rover »
I would like to see Bostock in a role just behind the striker.
He can pull off that defence splitting pass.
He just seems to play too deep for me and ends up between the two CBs.
That’s what he has been told to do though hound. We simply do not have a proper holding midfielder as Smith also prefers playing as a play maker further forward.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on May 04, 2021, 10:13:19 pm by Campsall rover »
At first I thought we may be successful without Whiteman but as time has gone on it has become glaringly obvious that without a quality holding midfielder the whole team has disintegrated as a unit. We lost our shape, pattern of play and found it very difficult to protect the back 4 throughout a whole match.

If you consistently concede goals at an average rate of 2 per game you are under serious pressure to try and out score the opposition and leave even more holes at the back.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012