Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:53:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Disgrace  (Read 3047 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Disgrace
« Reply #30 on May 09, 2021, 02:02:01 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Darren Moore brought in s lot of this dead wood. Point your fingers at him not Butler.

League games under Darren Moore: P 28. W 15, D 4. Equals 1.75 pts p/game.

League games under Butler: P 18. W 4, D 3. This equals 0.83 pts p/game.

That isn't entirely down to Butler, however he must take some responsibility for our form.

He must you're right but let's not ignore the form before Moore left.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 09, 2021, 02:03:29 pm by normal rules »
With no pressure today, I’m wondering how those players today have “expressed”themselves.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 09, 2021, 02:04:25 pm by BigH »
February 7 2021:

P 23 Points 48  Posn 2nd

May 9 2021:

P46 Points 64 Posn 14th

As collapses go, it's up there.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 09, 2021, 03:10:55 pm by ian1980 »
2.08 pts per game for the first 23 games

0.69 pts per game for the second 23 games

Staggering

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 09, 2021, 03:39:42 pm by TheFunk »
There's obviously something or someone rotten running through this club to allow a lack of effort or even professional pride to become acceptable. I wouldn't normally wish this upon anyone but I hope several people find themselves unemployed beyond this summer.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 09, 2021, 03:43:19 pm by PDX_Rover »
New broom required.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 09, 2021, 03:44:50 pm by Chris Black come back »
We need an axe, not a broom.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 09, 2021, 03:57:09 pm by graingrover »
Do you not think that it is all down to a lack of leadership from the interim manager .I think we were mislead into believing his commitment to the club”s ethos ( community club) would somehow stand us in good stead and also wee had a full squad and were in fourth place .Andy has zero charisma in my eyes as a leader but I have been astounded by his inability to put any semblance of purpose into our play.The same players as Moore had have been pale shadows of what they were .I would exclude only Matty Smith who throughout .has been committed hard working and very positive iOne of my brothers pointed this out very early on and I thought he was wrong .If you are reading this Graham I praise your foresight regarding  Butler’s lack of organisation skills .

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 09, 2021, 03:59:39 pm by dickos1 »
The bad results and performances started before Moore left.
We’d got one point from a possible 15,
We’ve just carried on like this under butler

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 09, 2021, 04:30:26 pm by BigH »
Do you not think that it is all down to a lack of leadership from the interim manager .I think we were mislead into believing his commitment to the club”s ethos ( community club) would somehow stand us in good stead and also wee had a full squad and were in fourth place .Andy has zero charisma in my eyes as a leader but I have been astounded by his inability to put any semblance of purpose into our play.The same players as Moore had have been pale shadows of what they were .I would exclude only Matty Smith who throughout .has been committed hard working and very positive iOne of my brothers pointed this out very early on and I thought he was wrong .If you are reading this Graham I praise your foresight regarding  Butler’s lack of organisation skills .
Agree Graing that we need a charismatic figure to replace Butler. However, I don't think it was all down to him. He was dealt a poor hand in terms of leadership on the pitch.

It was there for the seasoned pros such as Bostock, Bogle, Fej, Anderson - and Copps for that matter - to step up, show that leadership and ensure that the team didn't buckle. That didn't happen.

None of the experienced pros come out of this episode well. And if I were the parent club manager of some of these 'diva' loanees I'd be taking them to one side and questioning their professionalism and desire to succeed.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012