Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:38:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Which players would you retain?  (Read 4822 times)

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
Re: Which players would you retain?
« Reply #60 on May 10, 2021, 02:04:29 pm by jamesrover17 »
Bostock has got such a hammering on here, I can see him being a big player next season, full pre-season not just 1 on 1 training on powerleague pitches (nod to the YouTube channel) allow him to dictate the play, his range of passing CAN be superb at times, the ball into Fej against Shrewsbury was unreal

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 10, 2021, 02:14:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Well out of the above lists out of the senior players Greaves,Anderson,Jones and Taylor are worth keeping.. If Bostock,Halliday,Wright,Amos,lokilo,Butler,John,Gomes and Okenarbirhie left tomorrow i wouldn't lose a blink of sleep over any of them

Always a smart idea getting rid of your top scorer.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on May 10, 2021, 02:49:33 pm by MachoMadness »
Not sure why Fej gets the stick he does. God only knows where we'd be without him this season.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on May 10, 2021, 03:05:26 pm by i_ateallthepies »
For me, the main criteria for getting rid would be those who could be identified as not giving their best.  Of those, I would have to say Bogle, James and Rostock.  James was at it again on Sunday, not competing for the ball.  There was a 50-50 late in the game, he dropped a step to let the Peterborough player be first to the ball and then actually side-stepped to allow the player take the ball past him.  Absolutely f*cking inexcusable and regardless of what he has done for us before or how good a player we think he is he should never be allowed to pull on the hoops again.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 10, 2021, 03:46:46 pm by Campsall rover »
For me, the main criteria for getting rid would be those who could be identified as not giving their best.  Of those, I would have to say Bogle, James and Rostock.  James was at it again on Sunday, not competing for the ball.  There was a 50-50 late in the game, he dropped a step to let the Peterborough player be first to the ball and then actually side-stepped to allow the player take the ball past him.  Absolutely f*cking inexcusable and regardless of what he has done for us before or how good a player we think he is he should never be allowed to pull on the hoops again.
Yes that non challenge by Reece James did get my eye also. Earlier in the season that would not have happened. Does suggest he was looking after himself and not the team. Read into that what we want.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on May 10, 2021, 04:26:01 pm by RoversAlias »
Been obvious with James for weeks, it really is unacceptable. I'm not sure he's the only one but he's certainly the obvious one, especially compared to his previous levels. I wonder if that knock he took at Crewe has played on his mind combined with him scouting his next move.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 10, 2021, 05:14:01 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Definitely keep
Jones
Wright
Anderson
Amos
Blythe
Horton
Greaves
Lokilo
Taylor
Hasani
Ravenhill
Seaman

Maybe keep
Bostock
Okenabirhie
John
Gomes
Butler
Bottomley
. So we would keep almost everyone that got us in the mess we found our season in.
Don’t run for manager any time soon !!

Respecting the clubs policy around discretion until the final result is anounced, I'm no able to disclose my position for the manager position.

You'll note that only 3 of my "definitely keeps" are mainstream first teamers. Jones I think needs another season as number two. Lokilo is aruably another but I think is still developing. All those youngsters, including Seaman are more than worth a shot.

The "maybe keeps" are players that could form part of a squad and may shine more with a new manager, depends. Bostock a prime example of that. Bottomley I really don't know, but from what I can make out could make the grade.

As for the mess we find ourselves in, Stan, that came primarily from when DM had his head turned, and the club lost it's direction. A few players, eg Anderson and Wright need to find their mojo again, but are more than capable at this level.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on May 10, 2021, 10:13:30 pm by BobG »
Definitely keep
Jones
Wright
Anderson
Amos
Blythe
Horton
Greaves
Lokilo
Taylor
Hasani
Ravenhill
Seaman

Maybe keep
Bostock
Okenabirhie
John
Gomes
Butler
Bottomley
. So we would keep almost everyone that got us in the mess we found our season in.

1969 - you should learn to read.

There are four, yes, four, names in Bristol's 'Definitely keep' list that played more than a handful of first team games. There is one in the 'Maybe keep' list - along with 3 others, 4 at a stretch, who played a reasonable number of games during the season. So your point, friend, shows both your illiteracy and your desperate desire to make headlines without reference to facts. It must be fun living in your fantasy. It's gotta be fun 'cos no bugger would ever want to look such a stupid pillock as you do without there being something damn good in return.

BobG

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on May 11, 2021, 01:13:19 am by PDX_Rover »
I’d keep Halliday as well although it would be good to see another RB to challenge for the spot (who knows, maybe Seaman is up to it?)

Even if he does leave, hopefully the fact that he played today puts to bed the nonsense that he wasn’t willing to play and making up an injury. Halliday’s always been one of the more committed players in the team and I think some of the comments about him missing over the past month have been pretty disrespectful and look to have been unfair.

Erm. Ok.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on May 11, 2021, 08:08:01 am by idler »
The thing about Halliday was that he always looked one of the most enthusiastic players on the pitch. It was regularly him that rushed into the opposition net to retrieve the ball when we scored ready to go again asap.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on May 11, 2021, 08:16:54 am by Chris Black come back »
We can acquire a dog to chase after the ball. Plenty of them down town fields. We need defenders who can defend. This season we have had precious few and this needs to be rectified this summer. We can’t have another season of this circus act at the back.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on May 11, 2021, 08:22:23 am by idler »
What we need is a consistent unit at the back that know each other's game and play at consistently decent level. Confidence breeds confidence.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on May 11, 2021, 08:29:32 am by DonnyOsmond »
Jones won't improve much on the bench. He's had one poor game out of about 15, the rest of the time he's saved countless goals. Give him time on the pitch he will develop. Fair enough bring someone in to compete and if he starts poorly then drop him but he's earnt the start.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on May 11, 2021, 09:45:01 am by EasyforDennis »
Definitely keep
Jones
Wright
Anderson
Amos
Blythe
Horton
Greaves
Lokilo
Taylor
Hasani
Ravenhill
Seaman

Maybe keep
Bostock
Okenabirhie
John
Gomes
Butler
Bottomley

1969 - you should learn to read.

There are four, yes, four, names in Bristol's 'Definitely keep' list that played more than a handful of first team games. There is one in the 'Maybe keep' list - along with 3 others, 4 at a stretch, who played a reasonable number of games during the season. So your point, friend, shows both your illiteracy and your desperate desire to make headlines without reference to facts. It must be fun living in your fantasy. It's gotta be fun 'cos no bugger would ever want to look such a stupid pillock as you do without there being something damn good in return.

BobG

Why do you always have to come across as a keyboard Jacob Rees Mogg?
You really are a condescending prick at times.

CaptainStock

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on May 11, 2021, 11:48:56 am by CaptainStock »
Keep most of the youngsters, help them develop.
I.e: Ravenhill
Jones
Hasani
Greaves
Bottomless
Horton
Blythe
Amos
Seaman

Then out of the current first team:
Anderson
Taylor
Fej
Butler (player coaching role)
James (even if it's to sell him to earn some money from it)

As for the rest, they can go. Let's hit refresh.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on May 11, 2021, 12:30:20 pm by steve@dcfd »
The CEO said he wanted a squad of 22 supported by 3/5 developing players and 3/5 quality loans.

Jones.       
Seaman.   
Anderson.  (Will he stay)
John.          (Will he stay)
Butler
Bostock.    (Will he stay)
Greaves.     
Taylor.         
Williams
Okenabirhie. 
Bogle.       

Out of contract     
Halliday?
Wright?
James?
Lokilo?
Amos?
Horton?
Gomes?

Development
Bottomley
Blythe? (contract)
Hasani
Ravenhill? (contract)

Loans
3/5 loans
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 12:34:07 pm by steve@dcfd »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on May 11, 2021, 03:50:22 pm by scawsby steve »
The thing about Halliday was that he always looked one of the most enthusiastic players on the pitch. It was regularly him that rushed into the opposition net to retrieve the ball when we scored ready to go again asap.

Seeing as you used the word "regularly", Idler, I think you mean OUR net, rather than the opposition's net.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on May 11, 2021, 06:55:13 pm by idler »
Sorry  Steve, I should have said on the rare occasions we scored it was him that was enthusiastically retrieving the ball for us to keep momentum going. Or delay the opposition attacking for a bit longer.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012