Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:05:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Derby County  (Read 3428 times)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Derby County
« on May 10, 2021, 02:50:45 pm by DearneValleyRover »
The EFL are looking into a points deduction which could see them relegated instead of Wycombe

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Derby County
« Reply #1 on May 10, 2021, 03:03:34 pm by glosterred »
Let’s hope so, with Wednesday and Rotherham already coming down this will mean at least 2 bumper crowds. Derby, if relegated, would be a third good crowd. A fourth would be Pompey if played on a Saturday. So let’s hope so for the finances of the club

COYR

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 10, 2021, 03:09:28 pm by since-1969 »
Let’s hope so, with Wednesday and Rotherham already coming down this will mean at least 2 bumper crowds. Derby, if relegated, would be a third good crowd. A fourth would be Pompey if played on a Saturday. So let’s hope so for the finances of the club
Yes and reduce our chances of finishing top 6th for yet another season . 

COYR

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 10, 2021, 03:25:38 pm by DearneValleyRover »

COYR

You are such a ray of sunshine

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 10, 2021, 03:28:00 pm by Metalmicky »

COYR

You could throw Sunderland and Lincoln into that pot also.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 10, 2021, 04:03:23 pm by since-1969 »

COYR

I know but , our next opportunity was this year … don’t you agree ?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 10, 2021, 04:05:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The EFL are looking into a points deduction which could see them relegated instead of Wycombe

They'll say this season's over and deduct them from next season. That's what usually tends to happen.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 10, 2021, 04:08:45 pm by drfchound »
Next seasons fixtures come out in June don’t they so with the EFLs track record of taking an age to make a decision on stuff like this I would expect any points deduction to be applied to them next season.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 10, 2021, 04:14:17 pm by LincsRover »
I’m glad Wycombe overtook wendies & Rovrum then, I’d have hated to see either of those reprieved!!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 10, 2021, 04:18:23 pm by DearneValleyRover »

COYR

I know but , our next opportunity was this year … don’t you agree ?

Every year is difficult if you don’t have the right manager, players and attitude. We’ve gained promotion more than once when not expected to.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 10, 2021, 04:35:18 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Changing the subject a bit but does anyone remember when we played Derby in a cup game at Belle Vue? I was about 15 so mid 70’s I’d guess. It was a night match really foggy as I recall and there were bottles and lumps of concrete flying everywhere, pitched battles on the pop side and on the grass outside the ground. The walk back into town was really scary stuff as there were scraps breaking out all the way down Bennethorpe and the Police were randomly belting anyone unfortunate enough to be in their way!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 10, 2021, 05:35:08 pm by idler »
1976 I think. Bottles were coming over the wall and idiots on there were throwing them back. It was like a game of tennis. The problem was that side was Rovers fans but over the wall were Rovers fans queueing to get in as well as as Derby fans walking round to the away end or main stand.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 10, 2021, 05:40:15 pm by Campsall rover »
Changing the subject a bit but does anyone remember when we played Derby in a cup game at Belle Vue? I was about 15 so mid 70%u2019s I%u2019d guess. It was a night match really foggy as I recall and there were bottles and lumps of concrete flying everywhere, pitched battles on the pop side and on the grass outside the ground. The walk back into town was really scary stuff as there were scraps breaking out all the way down Bennethorpe and the Police were randomly belting anyone unfortunate enough to be in their way!
October 1996.
Charlie George playing for Derby. We lost 2-1 if my memory serves me right. Over 14,000 in Belle Vue that night.

We had 20,000 for the Hull cup game the season before. Like sardines in a can standing behind the goal at the Town end.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 10, 2021, 05:42:56 pm by idler »
Did you fire up the De Lorena Campsall or was it fat fingers?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 10, 2021, 05:45:19 pm by roversdude »
What the 46  year old Charlie George

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 10, 2021, 05:53:38 pm by scawsby steve »
Changing the subject a bit but does anyone remember when we played Derby in a cup game at Belle Vue? I was about 15 so mid 70%u2019s I%u2019d guess. It was a night match really foggy as I recall and there were bottles and lumps of concrete flying everywhere, pitched battles on the pop side and on the grass outside the ground. The walk back into town was really scary stuff as there were scraps breaking out all the way down Bennethorpe and the Police were randomly belting anyone unfortunate enough to be in their way!
October 1996.
Charlie George playing for Derby. We lost 2-1 if my memory serves me right. Over 14,000 in Belle Vue that night.

We had 20,000 for the Hull cup game the season before. Like sardines in a can standing behind the goal at the Town end.

Only 20 years off, Camps. Never mind; you got the Charlie George bit and the scoreline right.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 10, 2021, 06:07:41 pm by turnbull for england »
this is where  it seems wrong , if they are guilty of  an offence  this season , then its Wycombe that have  been wronged this season, as they havent had what ever unfair advantage Derby have .

Peterborough shouldn't benefit next year . Same applies to Wednesday last year. 

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 10, 2021, 06:09:26 pm by BobG »
Did charlie George really play that night? Given that he was born in 1950 he must have been physically decrepit by then! Surprised we lost tbh.

BobG

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 10, 2021, 06:42:38 pm by turnbull for england »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 10, 2021, 06:45:28 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
this is where  it seems wrong , if they are guilty of  an offence  this season , then its Wycombe that have  been wronged this season, as they havent had what ever unfair advantage Derby have .

Agree on this. EFL needs to be quicker to ensure those who are hurt by another club, essentially cheating, are the ones who benefit from the punishment.

The points deductions shouldn't just be about punishing the offending club but levelling the playing field for their opponents.

That said if Derby were safe regardless this season it’s better to punish next season when it can actually hurt them. Not sure where Wednesday finished last season but having the deduction this season has relegated them. Fitting punishment IMO

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 10, 2021, 06:57:49 pm by auckleyflyer »
Yes but as it stands they should be down? L1 now has to compete with a club that legitimately should have survived? Mentally like wednesday Derby will be seen as frauds in the championship. It has 3seasons of consequences! Wickham having survived may have be stronger this coming season and instead their taking their chances in L1 and as we know a promotion year for clubs of a certain size is the right set of circumstances coming together,in a relatively injury free season. Stars may never align again!? They do more often for the Leeds Derby's, blades, Ipswich, Charlton Sunderland's, pompys and forest ect.
It's wrong and I thought it had disappeared from the game?!
Next season deduction is ok I suppose but still a chance to throw a 6!?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 07:01:35 pm by auckleyflyer »

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 10, 2021, 07:54:54 pm by turnbull for england »
Wednesday's were one goal off their deduction meaning nothing this year , having cheated in a previous season, and on paper still benefiting with players on higher wages than they could afford .

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 10, 2021, 08:18:40 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Think the EFL should in each senario take the route that is harshest punishment. Point off this season if it hurts relegation/promotion hopes or pass on to next season if it has no real impact

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 10, 2021, 08:39:01 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

By the same token, Wycombe almost benefitted from an an advantage they shouldn't have had this season because of Wednesday's points deduction....

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 10, 2021, 08:50:13 pm by turnbull for england »
Good point well made

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 10, 2021, 10:34:06 pm by Campsall rover »
October 1996.

Only 20 years off, Camps. Never mind; you got the Charlie George bit and the scoreline right.
Sorry I thought I had put 1976  :facepalm: 1 was there so I know it was 76. Just a typing error

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 10, 2021, 10:42:31 pm by roversdude »
We knew Campsall but couldn’t resist it lol

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 10, 2021, 11:05:21 pm by Surrey Rover »
October 1996.

Sorry I thought I had put 1976  :facepalm: 1 was there so I know it was 76. Just a typing error
It was August ‘76, a second round league cup tie having knocked out Lincoln City in the first round on penalties after a replay at the City Ground a week earlier.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 11, 2021, 01:05:10 am by PDX_Rover »
This value of players thing is a vague thing isn’t  it?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 11, 2021, 08:04:58 am by idler »
One thing for sure is that the selling club always estimate the value of the player higher than the buyer doeas.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012