Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 07:26:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Graham Younger (TIM)  (Read 2016 times)

karldew

• Forum Member
Graham Younger (TIM)
« on May 12, 2021, 10:09:44 am by karldew »
Talent Identification Manager.
Seems to have a decent background. Taken from the OS;

Graham replaces Adam Henshall in the role, and will oversee the club’s recruitment strategy at all levels from the first-team down.

He said: “I’m delighted to be here and relishing the challenge ahead. We’ve got a busy summer ahead and with lots of hard work we want to bring plenty of quality to the club.

“I’ve spoken with the staff that are already here and the board in terms of the players we already have and how we can complement that.

“We’ve got a shortlist and have targets identified, once a manager is in place it really is all systems go.”

After graduating from the University of Central Lancashire, Graham has a wealth of experience following his work at several clubs in the EFL.

He added: “I’ve worked with Preston North End, Blackpool, Blackburn Rovers and Bolton Wanderers before moving to Cardiff City.

“I started off as an analyst at Cardiff before working my way up to the head of recruitment role, and was there when they won promotion to the Premier League.

“A combination of those experiences will help me when I’m trying to bring players here, modern day recruitment is very different to 10 or 15 years ago so it’s important to have experience in different areas.”
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 10:12:16 am by karldew »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
Re: Graham Younger
« Reply #1 on May 12, 2021, 10:11:13 am by Herbert Anchovy »
That’s a really, really good piece of business by the Rovers.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Graham Younger (TIM)
« Reply #2 on May 12, 2021, 10:14:51 am by DonnyOsmond »
Didn't he sign Bogle for Cardiff? :laugh:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 12, 2021, 10:17:35 am by idler »
I bet that there have been some interesting discussions already. I would imagine that the board will want to move quickly after confirming the new management team.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 12, 2021, 10:24:11 am by grayx »
I’m somewhat surprised that players have been identified/ shortlists drawn up BEFORE the new manager is appointed. Surely the new manager will have his own ideas of who he wants to bring in?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 12, 2021, 10:27:37 am by selby »
I wonder if he found Max Watters?

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 12, 2021, 10:33:33 am by DRNaith »
I’m somewhat surprised that players have been identified/ shortlists drawn up BEFORE the new manager is appointed. Surely the new manager will have his own ideas of who he wants to bring in?

I think it was said that this happened when we brought in Moore. "Here's a list of who we've identified, you're welcome to pick from this to get things moving, or we can work with you on other targets" sort of thing.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 12, 2021, 10:38:11 am by German Rover »
He's recently been an agent as well. So hopefully will bring some good contacts from that field to the club as well

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 12, 2021, 10:38:30 am by GazLaz »
He left Cardiff in 2017 and has been working as an agent since then. Not sure I particularly like his profile but it will be interesting to hear his intended way of working.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 12, 2021, 10:38:57 am by silent majority »

I think it was said that this happened when we brought in Moore. "Here's a list of who we've identified, you're welcome to pick from this to get things moving, or we can work with you on other targets" sort of thing.

That's exactly right, there won't be one or two names on the list, there could be as many as 10 for each position.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 12, 2021, 10:52:21 am by idler »
Surely it shows that the club are being proactive which must be a good thing. We do need to move quickly with how things have worked out and too many accuse the board of doing nothing at times.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 12, 2021, 10:54:46 am by RoversAlias »

Welcome to modern football. Long gone are the days where the manager oversees all of the footballing arms of a club. He is more of a head coach now, and teams of people scout and recruit players for clubs based on scientific analysis. Rovers have already been operating under this model with Moore and Henshall.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 12, 2021, 11:11:22 am by steve@dcfd »
Let’s hope his negotiating skills are good to get good players of league one standard or better we will see which way the club is heading when players are signed.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 12, 2021, 11:26:45 am by DRNaith »
He left Cardiff in 2017 and has been working as an agent since then. Not sure I particularly like his profile but it will be interesting to hear his intended way of working.

For those of us not part of Rovers, his way of working is nothing to do with us (as long as it's legal), it's the results of his work that we'll see.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 12, 2021, 11:30:46 am by GazLaz »

For those of us not part of Rovers, his way of working is nothing to do with us (as long as it's legal), it's the results of his work that we'll see.

It’s of interest to me as stated. I’m allowed to be interested in what I like thank you.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 12, 2021, 11:40:46 am by DRNaith »

It’s of interest to me as stated. I’m allowed to be interested in what I like thank you.

I didn't say you couldn't be interested, I just said it's nothing to do with us.

I might be interested in what the Queen has for breakfast (I'm not), but it's nothing to do with me.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 12, 2021, 12:48:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good luck to him. Hopefully he will be a very busy boy.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 12, 2021, 02:05:11 pm by drfchound »

That's exactly right, there won't be one or two names on the list, there could be as many as 10 for each position.

That’s the way I understood it would be.

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 12, 2021, 02:30:36 pm by redandwhitearmy »
Good luck to him. Hopefully he will be a very busy boy.

He's going to have to be.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012