Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:46:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Joe Wright's Injury  (Read 7803 times)

The Beast

• Forum Member
Re: Joe Wright's Injury
« Reply #60 on June 27, 2021, 01:55:44 pm by The Beast »
We have a duty of care to get him back to full fitness,  as for after that I think unfortunately for Joe his stock will be very low and whether Rovers or any other league one club will want him after an injury like that is doubtful. Many players are never the same after that sort of injury and for me he always looked a bit dubious on the pitch anyway. Don’t know if Richie has seen much of him, likes him or doesn’t but with budgets being tighter than ever I think he may have an uphill battle to re-establish himself at any kind of level.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 27, 2021, 02:54:49 pm by rich1471 »
This seems to have gone quiet unless I’ve missed something. Anyone know if Joe has resigned, as from Wednesday he’s no longer being paid.
I find it strange the club offered him a 2 year contract and he turned it down after his injury happened.

jm291

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on July 13, 2021, 10:08:32 pm by jm291 »
Anybody know the official line on Joe? Has he been officially released now?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on July 13, 2021, 10:22:31 pm by drfchound »
This seems to have gone quiet unless I’ve missed something. Anyone know if Joe has resigned, as from Wednesday he’s no longer being paid.
I find it strange the club offered him a 2 year contract and he turned it down after his injury happened.

I didn't know that he had been offered a two year deal AFTER he got injured.
Is that right.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on July 13, 2021, 10:38:42 pm by Alan Southstand »
It says he ‘turned it down after he’d been injured’, not he was offered it after he was injured!

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on July 14, 2021, 06:47:29 am by rich1471 »
I believe the club offered his a deal on reduced terms while he was injured and increased when he was fit again ,that's how I read it

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on July 14, 2021, 08:35:56 am by drfchound »
It says he ‘turned it down after he’d been injured’, not he was offered it after he was injured!

Alan, the way rich1471 wrote his post, it can be interpreted either way.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on July 14, 2021, 09:39:48 am by the vicar »
If a player is offered an extension turns it down then gets injured, that is his fault and stands on his own two feet. He does not deserve loyalty as he has not been loyal to the club.  My son was on the playing staff at Castleford wrlfc going in to the first team the next season, he went to Widnes the mast game of the season and got a shimmer injury, and so they cut him off like a pice of meat, so I have no sympathy it was his choice

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 14, 2021, 10:55:42 am by Metalmicky »
If a player is offered an extension turns it down then gets injured, that is his fault and stands on his own two feet.

Or maybe not - depending on the severity of his injury...... :whistle:

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on July 14, 2021, 11:39:06 am by the vicar »
If he turner’s a contract down then he doesn’t want to be here end of so he goes

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on July 14, 2021, 01:18:30 pm by donnievic »
It’s a job at end of the day not a case of wanting to be here or not,if thinks he could get better elsewhere then fine.he was still contracted to the club when he got his injury giving 100% so in a way I think the club are doing right,he coukd of easily gone about playing and not being fully committed to challenges incase he picked up a bad injury like he has ended up doing

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on July 14, 2021, 01:26:18 pm by roversdude »
If a player is offered an extension turns it down then gets injured, that is his fault and stands on his own two feet.

Or maybe not - depending on the severity of his injury...... :whistle:

That may need to come around again Mm lol

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on July 14, 2021, 02:31:02 pm by nortikorner »
Out of Contract (self inflicted) it is down to is insurance company

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on July 14, 2021, 03:14:37 pm by donnievic »
Out of Contract (self inflicted) it is down to is insurance company
he wasn’t out of contract though when he did it

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on July 14, 2021, 07:58:23 pm by nortikorner »
donnievic
When he did it he refused a new contact .Down to is Insurance, is agent should have pointed this out to him ,
down to him

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on July 14, 2021, 10:31:24 pm by roversdude »
I get that we are ‘doing the right thing’ but are we sometimes too nice if it impacts the budget. This along with paying up Butts could be the difference between a good signing and a lesser one. Appreciate we don’t know the details.

Forkbeard

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on July 16, 2021, 01:14:46 am by Forkbeard »
Joe Wright was employed by DRFC when the injury occurred.
If any of us were injured at work whilst serving our notice, we’d hold our employer responsible.
I know football contracts are often complex but fundamentally he suffered an injury at work so DRFC will have a legal obligation to support him.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on July 16, 2021, 07:34:07 am by roversdude »
I don’t think we have a legal obligation but we have invoked a moral duty.
If an employee working their notice suffers an accident at work the employee would not continue paying wages beyond the termination date. Agree that a claim for compensation may follow.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on July 16, 2021, 08:05:41 am by Arsenal Of The North »
I can’t believe it’s even a debate, we’re a family club and we look after our own. Weather that be an injury, mental well being or general help, from past players to players who are in joe’s position, we look after our own as much as we can. If he chooses to leave at the end of that, I’m fine with, but players will always remember how they were treated, and word of mouth on how a player was treated at a club could be a major factor in attracting players in the future.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on July 16, 2021, 08:33:36 am by SydneyRover »
Good comment AotN we are a family club and we promote ourselves as exactly that.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on July 16, 2021, 06:03:11 pm by scawsby steve »
We ARE looking after him, with his rehabilitation. What more are people suggesting? a contract? He's already been offered one, and he turned it down. He may be offered another one when he's fit again, or maybe not.

In the meantime, he'll be getting regular money from his footballers medical insurance.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012