Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 11:01:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 40018 times)

goalkick

• Forum Member
Re: Season tickets
« Reply #120 on June 09, 2021, 03:53:24 pm by goalkick »
Been season ticket holder for many many years. Don’t use Twitter or Facebook.seen on here some offer has been made.where is it in writing as have only read people’s comments who are in the know.have the club issued a statement somewhere?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on June 09, 2021, 04:00:25 pm by RoversAlias »
Been season ticket holder for many many years. Don’t use Twitter or Facebook.seen on here some offer has been made.where is it in writing as have only read people’s comments who are in the know.have the club issued a statement somewhere?

It is literally on the club's official website, which is probably the first place people should go to find club announcements and statements.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on June 09, 2021, 04:07:22 pm by goalkick »
Thank you probably my age is the problem. :rolleyes:

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on June 09, 2021, 05:08:51 pm by danumdon »

It is literally on the club's official website, which is probably the first place people should go to find club announcements and statements.

Bit harsh on goalkick there, i would imagine like a lot of other supporters he's either unaware or doesn't visit the official site, and comes here for info, nothing wrong in that.
Sounded like a telling off to me.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on June 09, 2021, 05:19:00 pm by Lincoln Rover »

Do you still get a discount for being an alliance member on top of the discount for being a silver member last year? It’s been, I think, 5% (or 10%?) discount ever since I’ve been an alliance member.

Lincs Rover.
I’ve just asked Tracy in the office & YES you can still get the discount, HOWEVER please do this over the PHONE as the online process will not register it. Hope this helps.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on June 09, 2021, 05:35:43 pm by RoversAlias »

Bit harsh on goalkick there, i would imagine like a lot of other supporters he's either unaware or doesn't visit the official site, and comes here for info, nothing wrong in that.
Sounded like a telling off to me.

That wasn't intentional, and if it comes across that way then apologies to goalkick.

The club website should always be the first port of call for information from the club online, particularly when it comes to tickets and official communications. Yes, many get their info from here or social media - I first read about this announcement here but when I read the actual club article it was at total odds with some of the things said in this thread - but it is common sense to go to the place where the club put out their official communications.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on June 09, 2021, 05:53:59 pm by goalkick »
Thanks lads, I am a bit ancient though.no offence taken thanks for the concern :thumbsup:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on June 09, 2021, 05:57:50 pm by silent majority »
There doesn't appear to be an 18-24 option for the South Stand. The website states 22 - 24. Is this a typo or will 18 to 22 yr olds be barred from the South Stand next season?

It will be a typo.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on June 09, 2021, 06:01:05 pm by silent majority »
I spoke to the club earlier to ask how it was going, and they said they were extremely happy and grateful to all those supporters who'd made it known they were treating last seasons ticket as a donation.

Most said they'd appreciated the iFollow cost was in the region of £230, and therefore they'd had some value for their contribution.

Again most said they'd be renewing as soon as the online booking can be done.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on June 09, 2021, 06:44:12 pm by Janso »
We've got two U17 STs, will they just come up as free/100% discount when I go to "buy" them?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on June 09, 2021, 06:57:24 pm by silent majority »
We've got two U17 STs, will they just come up as free/100% discount when I go to "buy" them?

They should do.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on June 09, 2021, 07:38:32 pm by scawsby steve »
Genuine question for Martin. Whilst the EFL are planning on crowds returning in August, today's appalling figures, and scientists' warning of a substantial 3rd wave, must surely put the whole thing in jeopardy.

Are there any contingency plans for that happening?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on June 09, 2021, 07:39:03 pm by Jonathan »

Is the official website the first place you look for news? It isn’t for me. It’s behind Twitter (including the official account and others) and this forum.

Anyway, on topic, I suppose I’m in something of a privileged position to be commenting in that I didn’t renew last year, so it doesn’t affect me. I don’t want to criticise others for their reactions (the negative ones anyway) but a few thoughts nonetheless:

- The club has to be run like a business, of course they’re going to want to maximise income streams and incentivise longer term season ticket commitments. And there is a benefit  there for supporters, however I accept it may not suit everyone.

- At the moment we’re all waiting for news on new signings. That’s going to cost money, and you have to accept that there’s a need to balance the books somewhere - again pointing to ticket sales.

- The anecdotes above about Tracy and the ticket office staff reaching out to resolve issues for people match my own experiences of dealing with the club. They’re brilliant, and we’re so lucky to have so many of the people we do. Some people could maybe be more grateful for that.

- As I understand it people can still apply for full refunds, and of course some will need them. But I can understand the club will want as many people as possible to ‘buy into’ the five year offer.

- Since moving to Leeds, and since my Dad passed away, season tickets don’t necessarily work for me. But the moment the club appointed Wellens I’ve felt compelled to get one again. For me they’ve made a statement of ambition and intent with that choice, and I want that to continue with the incomings on the playing side (Close is an excellent start) so I’d like to do my bit. I’m genuinely excited about the prospect of watching us again this coming season.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on June 09, 2021, 08:04:22 pm by silent majority »
Genuine question for Martin. Whilst the EFL are planning on crowds returning in August, today's appalling figures, and scientists' warning of a substantial 3rd wave, must surely put the whole thing in jeopardy.

Are there any contingency plans for that happening?

From an EFL or club point of view?

The club have built into next seasons ticket a refund per game if missed for any reason. Its not a full ticket refund but covers 50% of the cost. And, as I say, its for any reason so long as you let them know in advance.

If the worst comes to the worst, which it won't, you'll get 50% back and a chance to watch on iFollow.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on June 09, 2021, 08:49:25 pm by RoversAlias »

Is the official website the first place you look for news? It isn’t for me. It’s behind Twitter (including the official account and others) and this forum.

For news? Not necessarily, but I don't get it from this forum. If I'm waiting on ticket information, or a fixture change, or merchandising promotions, or an expected club statement, then yes I will absolutely check the official website first because that is where those things will be first reported.

Signings and things like that are also put out on the official site alongside social media before other outlets pick them up usually too.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on June 09, 2021, 09:02:03 pm by the vicar »
I am disappointed as I thought the club could have given a discount on the season tickets after donating a season and a half back to the club, I don’t think it was too much to ask

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on June 09, 2021, 09:21:17 pm by roversdude »
They have

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on June 09, 2021, 09:30:24 pm by the vicar »
They have
tell me how as mine is still 219 as last season

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on June 09, 2021, 09:36:34 pm by ravenrover »
Dave you had I follow for last season they are offering £40 off next season and for the 4 years after, thats a pretty good discount to me and they have kept last years prices
Also your car parking is carried over to next season along with some other bonuses, what's not to like?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on June 09, 2021, 09:50:06 pm by drfchound »
The cash discount might not be £40 off a seniors ticket.
The DROS says a discount of £20 to £40 so I guess that depends on the full price off the ST.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on June 09, 2021, 09:53:36 pm by the vicar »
Dave you had I follow for last season they are offering £40 off next season and for the 4 years after, thats a pretty good discount to me and they have kept last years prices
Also your car parking is carried over to next season along with some other bonuses, what's not to like?
I might not be around in 2,3, or 4 seasons Raven mate. Intact I might not be here all this season if my condition gets worse
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 09:55:48 pm by the vicar »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on June 09, 2021, 10:02:43 pm by since-1969 »
So what stops them putting the price up to cover the refund ??

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on June 09, 2021, 10:08:00 pm by elmsallrover »
The cash discount might not be £40 off a seniors ticket.
The DROS says a discount of £20 to £40 so I guess that depends on the full price off the ST.
does that mean £40 off the price of the season ticket plus £40 off as well for a early bird one

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on June 09, 2021, 10:09:24 pm by since-1969 »
“we wish to offer the following package”

Does that mean we’re entitled to a full refund if we don’t want to commit to the ‘five year thank you’?
so this “five year thank you” is it at the same original price ?

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on June 09, 2021, 11:21:03 pm by LincsRover »

Do you still get a discount for being an alliance member on top of the discount for being a silver member last year? It’s been, I think, 5% (or 10%?) discount ever since I’ve been an alliance member.

Lincs Rover.
I’ve just asked Tracy in the office & YES you can still get the discount, HOWEVER please do this over the PHONE as the online process will not register it. Hope this helps.

That’s brilliant, thankyou, I will do that.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on June 10, 2021, 01:02:49 pm by rich1471 »
Im disappointed with the package on offer but I understand that the club can't please everyone. It's fine for those who can commit to buying them for the next 5 years but its not an option for me at the minute.

I still kick myself for renewing last seasons ticket when the world was going to shit, very poor foresight from myself.

Why not get a refund on this year's season ticket then use the money to buy next year's?

I've seen zero communication from the club saying that you can claim a refund
Me as well , I've even looked on the official site and i cannot see anywhere that says you can get a refund on last years season ticket , And the 50% back on games you cannot attend only applies to 4 games, A lot of people have lost there jobs in the last 18 month and will really need the money back or to put towards next years season ticket, giving me £40 a year back over 5 years will not work for a lot of us. 

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on June 10, 2021, 01:06:44 pm by idler »
Have you tried ringing the club to clarify your position?
They can probably answer this in a couple of minutes.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on June 10, 2021, 02:26:12 pm by silent majority »
The one thing that does bother me is those ST holders who are now asking for a full refund and disregarding the iFollow service they enjoyed last season. That's poor form at a time when the club needs our help.

oliver

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on June 10, 2021, 02:31:20 pm by oliver »
Well  said  some people  want  their  cake and  eat it .

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on June 10, 2021, 02:33:44 pm by GazLaz »
The one thing that does bother me is those ST holders who are now asking for a full refund and disregarding the iFollow service they enjoyed last season. That's poor form at a time when the club needs our help.

Surely they get a refund minus £10 per game for the home iFollow games they watched.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012