Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:07:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 39991 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Season tickets
« Reply #180 on June 11, 2021, 01:29:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
Clearly it is total fantasy. Joe Wright one of our lowest earners on a grand a week or Jon Taylor and Reece James both earning more than Ben Whiteman. There is no way they could possibly know this information for the entire squad.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on June 11, 2021, 01:30:25 pm by RoversAlias »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on June 11, 2021, 01:43:20 pm by since-1969 »
Interesting!

Complete fabrication.
You could well be correct BUT we’ll never know will we ??

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on June 11, 2021, 02:07:42 pm by DonnyNoel »
The one thing that does bother me is those ST holders who are now asking for a full refund and disregarding the iFollow service they enjoyed last season. That's poor form at a time when the club needs our help.

Surely they get a refund minus £10 per game for the home iFollow games they watched.

You would think so, but its not happening.

Who's fault is that though? Surely the club have access to who watched the ifollow games and can adjust refunds accordingly? At the start of the season people were using individual codes to access and then their accounts in the latter parts. The club must have some kind of records?

I feel like making people reach out for refunds is a bit like emotional blackmail

Well no, that's not right.

iFollow is an EFL product and the data is held by the EFL.

The data is accessible by the club but not in a format that would help them deliver the solution you mention. The data isn't broken down match by match.

And iFollow wasn't built or designed to do what it did last season. It was adapted at rapid speed to provide a solution that would keep season ticket holders happy so they wouldn't be demanding refunds. If they hadn't have done that then just about every EFL club would have gone out of business within a few months.

Unlike other business's football carried on, had to pay players and yet had no match day income other than the money received for season tickets.

Its certainly not intended to be blackmail, but a lot of thought and effort went into giving money back to ST holders but yet enabling the club to carry on and survive. Other clubs at our level have done nothing of the sort.
Though  the plight of football through this crisis was there to see ….but not ONE club went to the wall so something was done to prevent this . Fans rallied , players took a wage cut ( temporary)  and EFL juggled it’s priorities to help. But NO mention of the millionaires who own their clubs digging deep . I do not begrudge owners from stating their views and putting the facts out there , but to seek only to ask supporters to take the brunt when many of them have had greatly reduced finances or lost their jobs is poor judgment on the these clubs , particularly when they turned and walked away from wage capping and budget prudence measure being mandatory. WHY because it would have removed their advantage of their status of higher earning from the large crowds that clubs like Sunderland , Sheffield Wednesday and Portsmouth etc  all seeking not to have a levelled up financial playing field . So I do think refunds should have been given without prejudice and left to the individual to decide without the obvious bias written into the statements given out by the club.. this should not be a debate carried out on here but a recognition that things are starting from a lower expectations due to the current situation. 

Our owners dig deep every season.  Why do you feel they should give even more millions?  I don't see anyone with your bank statement deciding how much you should invest into this part of your life.

Seriously, be grateful for the ownership we have, not the ownership you wish we had that would be bankrupt in two seasons if they invested as you want them to.
The are the legacy holders for DRFC and by that if they feel unable to continue then they should sell . I DO appreciate all that they do , but it’s their choice and if it went bump then so be it, that’s football but NO one has gone out of business have they , and they will not walk away from this whilst ever they can sell it at some point . They run the club as cheaply as they can and that includes using every season tickets holders refunds to do it ..FACT !!

Can't believe I'm even responding but
a) run the club as cheap as they can? Er no, they could easily put in nothing.
b) do you really think they could ever sell DRFC/Club Doncaster for a profit against all they've put in?
c) you can't sell anything without a buyer. Are they turning bids down from Russian oligarchs weekly that we're not aware of?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on June 11, 2021, 03:32:04 pm by since-1969 »
DonnyNoel

It’s my view and I don’t expect others to agree , yet there are those who feel that we’re not ambitious enough , when a club like Blackpool who got their owner monkeys of their backs to be in a position to attract our players and progress in to the Championship all under COVID-19 . Where we just threw our well positioned chance away  with a serious of bad decisions and even worse excuses !! Its 1 step forward 3 steps backwards .

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on June 11, 2021, 03:47:26 pm by EasyforDennis »
The one thing that does bother me is those ST holders who are now asking for a full refund and disregarding the iFollow service they enjoyed last season. That's poor form at a time when the club needs our help.

Surely they get a refund minus £10 per game for the home iFollow games they watched.

Who's fault is that though? Surely the club have access to who watched the ifollow games and can adjust refunds accordingly? At the start of the season people were using individual codes to access and then their accounts in the latter parts. The club must have some kind of records?

I feel like making people reach out for refunds is a bit like emotional blackmail

The data is accessible by the club but not in a format that would help them deliver the solution you mention. The data isn't broken down match by match.

And iFollow wasn't built or designed to do what it did last season. It was adapted at rapid speed to provide a solution that would keep season ticket holders happy so they wouldn't be demanding refunds. If they hadn't have done that then just about every EFL club would have gone out of business within a few months.

Unlike other business's football carried on, had to pay players and yet had no match day income other than the money received for season tickets.

Its certainly not intended to be blackmail, but a lot of thought and effort went into giving money back to ST holders but yet enabling the club to carry on and survive. Other clubs at our level have done nothing of the sort.
Though  the plight of football through this crisis was there to see ….but not ONE club went to the wall so something was done to prevent this . Fans rallied , players took a wage cut ( temporary)  and EFL juggled it’s priorities to help. But NO mention of the millionaires who own their clubs digging deep . I do not begrudge owners from stating their views and putting the facts out there , but to seek only to ask supporters to take the brunt when many of them have had greatly reduced finances or lost their jobs is poor judgment on the these clubs , particularly when they turned and walked away from wage capping and budget prudence measure being mandatory. WHY because it would have removed their advantage of their status of higher earning from the large crowds that clubs like Sunderland , Sheffield Wednesday and Portsmouth etc  all seeking not to have a levelled up financial playing field . So I do think refunds should have been given without prejudice and left to the individual to decide without the obvious bias written into the statements given out by the club.. this should not be a debate carried out on here but a recognition that things are starting from a lower expectations due to the current situation. 

Our owners dig deep every season.  Why do you feel they should give even more millions?  I don't see anyone with your bank statement deciding how much you should invest into this part of your life.

Seriously, be grateful for the ownership we have, not the ownership you wish we had that would be bankrupt in two seasons if they invested as you want them to.
The are the legacy holders for DRFC and by that if they feel unable to continue then they should sell . I DO appreciate all that they do , but it’s their choice and if it went bump then so be it, that’s football but NO one has gone out of business have they , and they will not walk away from this whilst ever they can sell it at some point . They run the club as cheaply as they can and that includes using every season tickets holders refunds to do it ..FACT !!

b) do you really think they could ever sell DRFC/Club Doncaster for a profit against all they've put in?
c) you can't sell anything without a buyer. Are they turning bids down from Russian oligarchs weekly that we're not aware of?

Equally you are not likely to sell anything if you don't let people know it is for sale.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on June 11, 2021, 04:21:21 pm by jmt23 »
Where has the assumption come from that Mr Bramall want to sell...

He alone puts in a minimum of 1 million pounds a year - in what life are you living that that is not a significant yearly input/ personal loss, and have the ability to request/demand more.

I look forward to your take over bid, and our throwing money around like it is water.

:rtid:

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on June 11, 2021, 04:33:19 pm by StocktonRover »
DonnyNoel

It’s my view and I don’t expect others to agree , yet there are those who feel that we’re not ambitious enough , when a club like Blackpool who got their owner monkeys of their backs to be in a position to attract our players and progress in to the Championship all under COVID-19 . Where we just threw our well positioned chance away  with a serious of bad decisions and even worse excuses !! Its 1 step forward 3 steps backwards .

That first bit says it all really

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on June 11, 2021, 04:37:18 pm by DonnyNoel »

Equally you are not likely to sell anything if you don't let people know it is for sale.

It doesn't have to be for sale for people to express interest/make an offer as happened with the previous takeover bid and it was stated at the time that the current owners would always be open for discussions with interested parties.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on June 11, 2021, 05:16:39 pm by Lincoln Rover »
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2021/june/introducing-the-experience-club/
Well our club are clearly keeping the goodies coming. To me it’s another superb move. Read & enjoy.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on June 11, 2021, 05:27:28 pm by roversdude »
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2021/june/introducing-the-experience-club/
Well our club are clearly keeping the goodies coming. To me it’s another superb move. Read & enjoy.

LincolnRover totally agree

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on June 11, 2021, 06:13:58 pm by EasyforDennis »
Where has the assumption come from that Mr Bramall want to sell...

He alone puts in a minimum of 1 million pounds a year - in what life are you living that that is not a significant yearly input/ personal loss, and have the ability to request/demand more.

I look forward to your take over bid, and our throwing money around like it is water.

:rtid:

Who has suggested he might want to sell? Or is it just you assuming that some people are assuming he wants to sell  :facepalm:

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on June 11, 2021, 10:35:02 pm by since-1969 »

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on June 11, 2021, 10:42:09 pm by knockers »
Ive paid £299 for the past three seasons in cat B. This seasons is showing a price of £329. How is this going to save me £40 on what I’ve previously paid. Is there no early bird pricing?
Genuine questions!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on June 11, 2021, 10:58:39 pm by since-1969 »
Ive paid £299 for the past three seasons in cat B. This seasons is showing a price of £329. How is this going to save me £40 on what I’ve previously paid. Is there no early bird pricing?
Genuine questions!
Your asking the wrong folks … this lot believe that the CEO and Board walk on water and their money is sacred and shouldn’t be parted with for the likes of you or me !! 

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #195 on June 11, 2021, 11:05:49 pm by roversdude »
Once again you are speaking through the wrong orifice

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on June 12, 2021, 12:14:11 am by BVB »
..... Is there no early bird pricing?
Genuine questions!

Don’t know where you’ve been but there has been a pandemic on and things have been a little out of kilter..

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on June 12, 2021, 12:21:37 am by BVB »
Genuine questions!
Your asking the wrong folks … this lot believe that the CEO and Board walk on water and their money is sacred and shouldn’t be parted with for the likes of you or me !!

Well, the millions they put in year after year shouldn’t be parted with for the likes of reality deniers like you, Mr 69.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #198 on June 12, 2021, 08:42:45 am by Superspy »
Genuine questions!

They haven't said they're going to save you money on what you previously paid, they've said they're going to give you half of this season's ticket price back by way of discounts over the next 5 years, so the listed price of £329 will be discounted accordingly. The image of the pricing structure on the official website has a thing next to it that says "Discount to be subtracted from these prices based on price paid last year."

Not sure how that correlates with you paying £299 for CAT B last year though as everything I've seen says CAT B was 329 last year early bird and 359 after the early bird.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #199 on June 12, 2021, 08:48:15 am by roversdude »
Genuine questions!

Well, the millions they put in year after year shouldn’t be parted with for the likes of reality deniers like you, Mr 69.

BVB you’re wasting your time he’s probably a flat earther too

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #200 on June 12, 2021, 09:22:08 am by vaya »
Genuine questions!

They haven't said they're going to save you money on what you previously paid, they've said they're going to give you half of this season's ticket price back by way of discounts over the next 5 years, so the listed price of £329 will be discounted accordingly. The image of the pricing structure on the official website has a thing next to it that says "Discount to be subtracted from these prices based on price paid last year."

Not sure how that correlates with you paying £299 for CAT B last year though as everything I've seen says CAT B was 329 last year early bird and 359 after the early bird.

There was an Extremely Early Bird last season (first week/10 days of sale?) which got the Cat B price down to £314.00, which is what I paid. Prior to that Cat B was around £324/£329 for the few seasons preceding.

Looking at it (depending on what the discount is from the club) I'll either be effectively breaking even or making money back over the next five seasons.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on June 12, 2021, 09:34:26 am by Superspy »
Cool, so if you paid 314 last season you'll get 40 quid a season off the listed price for the next 5 seasons.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #202 on June 12, 2021, 09:48:28 am by Padge_DRFC »
There's always the option instead whining about it, not buying one if everything upsets you so much.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on June 12, 2021, 10:09:02 am by roversdude »
About £31.40

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on June 12, 2021, 10:22:29 am by adamtherover »
Genuine questions!
really, I've paid 299 for the past so many seasons, and it's been cat C?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #205 on June 12, 2021, 10:28:06 am by vaya »
Cool, so if you paid 314 last season you'll get 40 quid a season off the listed price for the next 5 seasons.

On that basis then, I'll be +£116 up after five years.
I appreciate this isn't a one size fits all solution, and it was never possible for it to be so, but from my perspective it's a great deal.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #206 on June 12, 2021, 11:30:42 am by ravenrover »
That is IFyou get the full £40 refund

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #207 on June 12, 2021, 01:40:05 pm by silent majority »
If you look at the twitter panel on the left you'll find this from Shaun;

To try and clarify

The discount is based on what you paid last season and is intended to give you at least 50% of what you paid back in savings over 5 years.

So for example if you paid £329 you're purchase was over £300 so you will get a £40 discount per year for the next 5 years.

Value £200

We've then tried to add value to that with The Experience Club (value £120)

and of course there was ifollow access (value £230)

So based on the discounts offered £200 + £120 (The Experience Club) + £230 (iFollow access) that's a potential value of discounts and other products of £550 v a season  ticket that cost £329.

Hoping that helps @vscofficial

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #208 on June 12, 2021, 03:44:26 pm by knockers »
Genuine questions!
really, I've paid 299 for the past so many seasons, and it's been cat C?
It was the Copps two year deal for the last two and the year before was that price for the early bird.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #209 on June 12, 2021, 04:28:54 pm by NigelJ »
To try and clarify

The discount is based on what you paid last season and is intended to give you at least 50% of what you paid back in savings over 5 years.

So for example if you paid £329 you're purchase was over £300 so you will get a £40 discount per year for the next 5 years.

Value £200

We've then tried to add value to that with The Experience Club (value £120)

and of course there was ifollow access (value £230)

So based on the discounts offered £200 + £120 (The Experience Club) + £230 (iFollow access) that's a potential value of discounts and other products of £550 v a season  ticket that cost £329.

The Experience Club (value £120).
I certainly wouldn't dream of paying for this at all. I don't live in Doncaster, but still travel for every game. However, I wouldn't have the time, nor would want to spend more on travel costs to attend these events. So, for me, this isn't worth £120. So, the 'value' of this should not be taken into account in the 'savings'.

I'm sure I'm not the only exile who is thinking this.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012