Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:58:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 40675 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Season tickets
« Reply #210 on June 12, 2021, 04:53:39 pm by silent majority »
To try and clarify

The discount is based on what you paid last season and is intended to give you at least 50% of what you paid back in savings over 5 years.

So for example if you paid £329 you're purchase was over £300 so you will get a £40 discount per year for the next 5 years.

Value £200

We've then tried to add value to that with The Experience Club (value £120)

and of course there was ifollow access (value £230)

So based on the discounts offered £200 + £120 (The Experience Club) + £230 (iFollow access) that's a potential value of discounts and other products of £550 v a season  ticket that cost £329.

The Experience Club (value £120).
I certainly wouldn't dream of paying for this at all. I don't live in Doncaster, but still travel for every game. However, I wouldn't have the time, nor would want to spend more on travel costs to attend these events. So, for me, this isn't worth £120. So, the 'value' of this should not be taken into account in the 'savings'.

I'm sure I'm not the only exile who is thinking this.

Nobody said it was savings though.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

thornerover

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on June 13, 2021, 11:36:47 pm by thornerover »
I am sixty plus how can i be charged £219 when i cant work when 18 to 24 year olds pay only £99 when they are earning a good wage  something wrong here ?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on June 14, 2021, 05:03:43 am by Donnywolf »
You are lucky [in a sense] that Rovers are one of only a small number of Clubs who generously start Concessions at 60 and not 65

Otherwise 60 plussers would have to wait another 5 Seasons paying a lot more than that maybe 6 if their birthday drops "wrong" - so I was grateful and still am for 5 years more savings than [say Barnsley] fans

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #213 on June 14, 2021, 12:58:15 pm by EasyforDennis »
To try and clarify

The discount is based on what you paid last season and is intended to give you at least 50% of what you paid back in savings over 5 years.

So for example if you paid £329 you're purchase was over £300 so you will get a £40 discount per year for the next 5 years.

Value £200

So based on the discounts offered £200 + £120 (The Experience Club) + £230 (iFollow access) that's a potential value of discounts and other products of £550 v a season  ticket that cost £329.

I certainly wouldn't dream of paying for this at all. I don't live in Doncaster, but still travel for every game. However, I wouldn't have the time, nor would want to spend more on travel costs to attend these events. So, for me, this isn't worth £120. So, the 'value' of this should not be taken into account in the 'savings'.

Maybe you need to read your post again.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #214 on June 14, 2021, 03:30:25 pm by silent majority »
To try and clarify

Value £200

No, I think you should.

There's a difference between savings and value.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #215 on June 14, 2021, 03:50:23 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I am sixty plus how can i be charged £219 when i cant work when 18 to 24 year olds pay only £99 when they are earning a good wage  something wrong here ?

Most people under 24 earn f*ck all. They're trying to grow the next generation too, you don't do that by pricing them out.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on June 14, 2021, 03:54:53 pm by the vicar »
You are lucky [in a sense] that Rovers are one of only a small number of Clubs who generously start Concessions at 60 and not 65

Otherwise 60 plussers would have to wait another 5 Seasons paying a lot more than that maybe 6 if their birthday drops "wrong" - so I was grateful and still am for 5 years more savings than [say Barnsley] fans
ok saying that I’m 70 in July all I get is my state pension, and don’t qualify for any benefits at all and have an illness to boot,  and struggling to pay the £219 a season. Where as 18-to 24s only pay £99 that can’t be fare

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on June 14, 2021, 03:56:32 pm by the vicar »

Most people under 24 earn f*ck all. They're trying to grow the next generation too, you don't do that by pricing them out.
so it’s ok to price out the old age that has kept pumping money on all them years

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on June 14, 2021, 04:33:42 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Like many many others I suggest we all stop, take a step back & remember this is the time we all need to try to stick together. Let’s not divide & yes I fully understand that life ain’t always fair. I cannot take account everyone’s different circumstances & the trials and tribulations we go through day after day.
With regards to the decision to keep our concessionary rate at 60, then I can only applaud our club.
Lincoln City, last season (  I believe) upped their concession rate from 60 to 65. To me that’s ANOTHER plus from the club & without wishing to sound patronising, we’re another day closer to watching OUR team play again.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on June 14, 2021, 04:45:30 pm by RoversAlias »
I have no idea why the younger age bracket are getting criticised?

It has always been good practice to offer cheaper tickets to younger supporters, because as DonnyOsmond says we will not grow the next generation of fans if they can't afford to come to games regularly. They will find plenty of other things to do with their Saturday afternoons.

As for them earning...ey? The majority of 18-24 year olds are either on lower wages due to minimum wage laws or apprenticeships, or on no wages because they're at university or college.

Regardless, it shouldn't be a competition. There have always been discounts for young people and for seniors, as there should be, and it's good that the club set those limits at the ages they do. Many clubs do not extend them to 24 years old or start them at 60 years old, often it is up to 21 and over 65 for concession prices.

Rovers do very well with their price offerings inmm my opinion.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #220 on June 14, 2021, 04:55:28 pm by since-1969 »
How many season tickets have sold under this new offer . There are many on here that are either confused of what  benefits are and how to apply them or simply just want to buy a ticket  having used their refund and those who donated it back to the club .

If you are confused then just to keep it simple …what happens if lockdown isn’t lifted !!

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on June 14, 2021, 06:56:16 pm by EasyforDennis »
To try and clarify

Value £200

No, I think you should.

So savings doesn't really mean savings?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #222 on June 14, 2021, 07:02:50 pm by Donnywolf »

ok saying that I’m 70 in July all I get is my state pension, and don’t qualify for any benefits at all and have an illness to boot,  and struggling to pay the £219 a season. Where as 18-to 24s only pay £99 that can’t be fare

Well Luton do a cheaper ST for 75 y olds for 210 quid so thats a saving for someone of that age

However from 65 its 290 and they pay 400 quid from 60 to 65 .

Dont want to say Rovers are mean for not having a 75 plus concession cos I reckon I will be better off {Cat A] by £1305 by then as against a Luton fan although they are Tier 2 at the moment

They do make 18 to 24s pay same as old scrotes [and scrotesses] though

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #223 on June 14, 2021, 07:05:27 pm by Donnywolf »
How many season tickets have sold under this new offer . There are many on here that are either confused of what  benefits are and how to apply them or simply just want to buy a ticket  having used their refund and those who donated it back to the club .

If you are confused then just to keep it simple …what happens if lockdown isn’t lifted !!

Have a look at this random one and I reckon its as simple or complex as ours

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/season-ticket-prices/

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #224 on June 14, 2021, 08:26:32 pm by the vicar »
I’m undecided weather to get a season ticket as I don’t know what is going on with my cancer but I’m having a chat with Gavin tomorrow so I will decide after that

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #225 on June 15, 2021, 07:22:45 am by roversdude »
The discount seems pretty clear to me and is automatically knocked off the total when clicking on renew.
The only thing it doesn’t do is discount the Alliance 5%, however Suzanne explained that in advance to me

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #226 on June 15, 2021, 02:28:58 pm by silent majority »
To try and clarify

Value £200

No, I think you should.

So savings doesn't really mean savings?

The poster I replied to made a particular comment with regard to the Experience club and stated that it shouldn't be shown in the calculations for savings.

I stated that nobody had referred to it as savings.

You then stuck your nose in to correct me, but if you read the post as it was written you'll see that. If you want to make a different point then you should make that clearer.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on July 14, 2021, 04:44:35 pm by rich1471 »
It was made very clear by the club that anyone wanting a refund would get it.

Suggesting that they are dragging their feet on this is unproven, unless evidence can be provided to the contrary.
I just called the club to ask about renewing my season ticket and asked if the discount could be applied over next season and not 5 and was told no way , I did not want to ask for a full refund and had know Comms from the club as the lady on the phone had to call me back as the could not find me on the data base as been a season ticket holder, I lost my job in the pandemic , then put on furlough and lost that one and just got a job back in Doncaster, any advice

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #228 on July 14, 2021, 05:06:04 pm by since-1969 »

Suggesting that they are dragging their feet on this is unproven, unless evidence can be provided to the contrary.
I just called the club to ask about renewing my season ticket and asked if the discount could be applied over next season and not 5 and was told no way , I did not want to ask for a full refund and had know Comms from the club as the lady on the phone had to call me back as the could not find me on the data base as been a season ticket holder, I lost my job in the pandemic , then put on furlough and lost that one and just got a job back in Doncaster, any advice
Get refund and buy new ticket !!

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #229 on July 14, 2021, 06:29:53 pm by rich1471 »
That what I was thinking ,can save up for next year's

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #230 on July 14, 2021, 06:31:32 pm by rich1471 »

they never even mentioned a refund

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #231 on July 14, 2021, 06:42:25 pm by the vicar »
No but he did lol

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on July 14, 2021, 07:07:00 pm by drfchound »

I don’t think they would want to broadcast that you can get one mate.
Just ring and ask.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on July 14, 2021, 07:09:32 pm by Danmckay456 »
Wonder when we can pick the new Season ticket cards up

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #234 on July 14, 2021, 08:59:20 pm by rich1471 »

am doing it tomorrow

I don’t think they would want to broadcast that you can get one mate.
Just ring and ask.

oliver

• VSC Member
« Reply #235 on July 18, 2021, 07:35:04 pm by oliver »
Anyone know when season cards are available for collection?

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #236 on July 19, 2021, 06:57:45 am by karldew »

Probably waiting until as late as they can incase the worse happens.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #237 on July 19, 2021, 02:19:23 pm by since-1969 »

Probably waiting until as late as they can incase the worse happens.
Daja vu !! ..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #238 on July 19, 2021, 04:43:18 pm by drfchound »
Over the last few years I have been an early bird ST purchaser but with things as they are right now I haven’t bought one yet for the coming season.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #239 on July 19, 2021, 05:12:38 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Over the last few years I have been an early bird ST purchaser but with things as they are right now I haven’t bought one yet for the coming season.

You won't be making any complaints about the playing budget then?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012