Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:28:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 39993 times)

Janso

• Forum Member
Re: Season tickets
« Reply #390 on July 30, 2021, 06:37:58 pm by Janso »
Another thing is there's no late opening hours at the moment are there? so if you didn't choose the postage option when you paid and you work during the day you're buggered.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #391 on July 30, 2021, 07:00:01 pm by Filo »
Not much good for those that go on holiday tomorrow and don’t get home until Saturday morning, a week before is far too late

I am going to buy mine on Weds or Thursday and hope to be able to collect it on the day.
Would you like me to pick yours up at the same time and push it through your letterbox.

You’ll probably need ID, thanks for the offer anyway but I’ll just rock up a bit earlier on Saturday.

How do you inow where I live?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #392 on July 30, 2021, 07:02:40 pm by drfchound »
Not much good for those that go on holiday tomorrow and don’t get home until Saturday morning, a week before is far too late

I am going to buy mine on Weds or Thursday and hope to be able to collect it on the day.
Would you like me to pick yours up at the same time and push it through your letterbox.

You’ll probably need ID, thanks for the offer anyway but I’ll just rock up a bit earlier on Saturday.

I don’t know where you live but I am in Hatfield, not far from you in Stainforth. You could have PMd your address to me.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #393 on July 30, 2021, 07:05:36 pm by Filo »

I don’t know where you live but I am in Hatfield, not far from you in Stainforth. You could have PMd your address to me.

There was a smiley winky thing at the end of my post, but disappeared when I posted the reply, it was a little humour but the forum software didn’t like it ( smiley winky thing here)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #394 on July 30, 2021, 07:07:45 pm by drfchound »

There was a smiley winky thing at the end of my post, but disappeared when I posted the reply, it was a little humour but the forum software didn’t like it ( smiley winky thing here)

Fair enough, no problem anyway.
There is likely to be a significant queue on Saturday so if you change your mind before Weds the offer still stands. 

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #395 on July 30, 2021, 07:10:54 pm by Filo »

Fair enough, no problem anyway.
There is likely to be a significant queue on Saturday so if you change your mind before Weds the offer still stands. 

Thanks, we’re only going Skirlington, the last time we went to the Yorkshire coast, I forgot my medication and so I drove back home to pick it up, your never know With my memory I might have to make a trip home again (smiley thing here)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #396 on July 31, 2021, 11:20:41 am by idler »
You have to preview your post Filo and then there are a range of emojis that come up. Just make sure that they are at the end of the post not the beginning.
It took me ages to work out that emojosi tagged on with my keyboard disappeared when posting.
 :scarf:

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #397 on August 03, 2021, 11:59:56 am by RoverBB »
Another thing is there's no late opening hours at the moment are there? so if you didn't choose the postage option when you paid and you work during the day you're buggered.

Season Ticket collections are being ran from the Club Doncaster Academy Reception (North Stand, Opposite the 5-a-side pitches) tonight (3rd August) and Thursday (5th August) between 5pm-8pm to allow those who can’t get to the ticket office during normal hours the ability to collect before the day of the game.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #398 on August 03, 2021, 07:21:30 pm by roversdude »
Bizarre tech question - is it possible to take a photo of the barcode on season ticket on mobile phone and then scan this.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #399 on August 03, 2021, 08:01:49 pm by eastender »
Bizarre tech question - is it possible to take a photo of the barcode on season ticket on mobile phone and then scan this.

Barnsley have been using the credit card style ST for about 4 years , this season they have gone one step further by adding a QR option on your Mobile Phone .

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #400 on August 03, 2021, 08:17:25 pm by Janso »

Depends - technically yes, but it depends on the scanners at the ground being capable of scanning a barcode on a screen. Not all are.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #401 on August 04, 2021, 05:21:42 am by elmsallrover »
Maybe some can try it on Saturday and let us know the results

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #402 on August 04, 2021, 08:27:09 am by EasyforDennis »

Depends - technically yes, but it depends on the scanners at the ground being capable of scanning a barcode on a screen. Not all are.

Would that not allow 2 people to use the same barcode?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #403 on August 04, 2021, 08:45:23 am by silent majority »

The system would know though.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #404 on August 04, 2021, 09:54:31 am by rich1471 »

The system would know though.

the system you would hope would log how many times it is used , but they printed mine yesterday while I waited only took 3 minutes and it's not like a bank card that has a chip in them

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #405 on August 04, 2021, 10:04:52 am by Draytonian III »
I’ve used both a plastic card one and an e ticket on my phone and there is a difference and system can tell

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #406 on August 04, 2021, 11:03:09 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
The gate person who scans the ticket  or card will be able to tell.

I expected there to be a barcode reader at the turnstile but it was a lady with a hand held device.

Anyone thinking of scamming the system should think again!

Darren

• VSC Member
« Reply #407 on August 04, 2021, 11:16:49 am by Darren »
Once the bar code for a game has been scanned it can't be used again. Single use code for a specific game.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #408 on August 04, 2021, 07:07:13 pm by Padge_DRFC »
What's also to stop adults buying under 25 season tickets?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #409 on August 04, 2021, 07:51:59 pm by EasyforDennis »
It. will be down to the turnstile operator to check them.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #410 on August 04, 2021, 09:13:11 pm by ravenrover »
I noticed in the friendlies after the ticket was scanned they checked something on a small screen before the turnstile was opened. Presumably part of a ticket check

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #411 on August 04, 2021, 09:17:16 pm by karldew »
It. will be down to the turnstile operator to check them.

Hasn’t that always been the case with season ticket books anyway?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #412 on August 04, 2021, 10:30:48 pm by scawsby steve »
Seeing as I only look about 37, I might have a problem with the turnstile operator doubting the validity of my senior card.

BB and Wolfie obviously won't have the same problem.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #413 on August 04, 2021, 10:49:33 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I can vouch for that, SS. I remember walking through the turnstile once and the gateman said "about 55?" I said, "Aye, that'll do!" He said, "I meant you were born about 1955!"

Then Wolfie walked in and the gateman said "about 50?" Wolfie said, "Aye, that'll do!" He said, "I meant you were born about 1950!"

Then Scawsby Steve walked in and the gateman said "about 37?"..........

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #414 on August 04, 2021, 11:13:20 pm by scawsby steve »
I can vouch for that, SS. I remember walking through the turnstile once and the gateman said "about 55?" I said, "Aye, that'll do!" He said, "I meant you were born about 1955!"

Then Wolfie walked in and the gateman said "about 50?" Wolfie said, "Aye, that'll do!" He said, "I meant you were born about 1950!"

Then Scawsby Steve walked in and the gateman said "about 37?"..........

F*cking genius.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012