Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 09:11:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 40009 times)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Season tickets
« Reply #90 on June 08, 2021, 10:28:08 pm by since-1969 »
Go listen to the Radio Sheff interview with the CEO - the answers to your financial questions are there for all the world to understand
Yes … there is nothing more heart breaking than listening to someone pleading on behalf of their millionaire partners that their short of cash
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 10:41:59 pm by since-1969 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on June 09, 2021, 12:14:14 am by Janso »
Go listen to the Radio Sheff interview with the CEO - the answers to your financial questions are there for all the world to understand
Yes … there is nothing more heart breaking than listening to someone pleading on behalf of their millionaire partners that their short of cash

Yes, millionaires that already plug a £2m a year gap in the finances. Do you ever have a f**king day off? Terry Bramall could personally organise for you to shag Miss World and you'd probably moan you didn't like the underwear she wore.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on June 09, 2021, 01:35:01 am by Bessie Red »
There doesn't appear to be an 18-24 option for the South Stand. The website states 22 - 24. Is this a typo or will 18 to 22 yr olds be barred from the South Stand next season?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on June 09, 2021, 08:31:26 am by since-1969 »

Yes, millionaires that already plug a £2m a year gap in the finances. Do you ever have a f**king day off? Terry Bramall could personally organise for you to shag Miss World and you'd probably moan you didn't like the underwear she wore.
Yes he chose to run a football business and it’s his choice as to how he spends his money and our money and I have no sympathy for for his difficulty after a laughable attempt  to get promoted last season..

Have you had this vailed attempt to circumvent their legal obligation to its customers  by using emotional bias to influence people not to ask for a refunds on car parking  that still may not be able to be used . Without telling when they will open up for next season and at what price the cost of this 21/22 ticket , they want to know if supporters on the Silver Plus will still want car parking and how they want to pay for it . 

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on June 09, 2021, 08:52:59 am by ravenrover »
Do you not read what other info posters have given on this thread or do you just ignore anything that doesn't suit your agenda?
As for running the club as a business if that was the case we would have been closed down years ago
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 09:01:20 am by ravenrover »

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on June 09, 2021, 09:28:24 am by Jenny »
Im disappointed with the package on offer but I understand that the club can't please everyone. It's fine for those who can commit to buying them for the next 5 years but its not an option for me at the minute.

I still kick myself for renewing last seasons ticket when the world was going to shit, very poor foresight from myself.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on June 09, 2021, 09:36:55 am by DRNaith »

Yes he chose to run a football business and it’s his choice as to how he spends his money and our money and I have no sympathy for for his difficulty after a laughable attempt  to get promoted last season..

Have you had this vailed attempt to circumvent their legal obligation to its customers  by using emotional bias to influence people not to ask for a refunds on car parking  that still may not be able to be used . Without telling when they will open up for next season and at what price the cost of this 21/22 ticket , they want to know if supporters on the Silver Plus will still want car parking and how they want to pay for it . 

Genuine question, what makes you happy in life?  You appear to spend a lot of your time unhappy and letting people know that, but what do you have around you that makes you happy?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on June 09, 2021, 09:47:51 am by since-1969 »
Do you not read what other info posters have given on this thread or do you just ignore anything that doesn't suit your agenda?
As for running the club as a business if that was the case we would have been closed down years ago
I didn’t see a club has gone bust or driven to sacking its playing staff etc . You are just seeing it as a singularity , when they didn’t even furlough anyone or take government cash and still paid out to have pitch relaid at the end of the season after pickup an award for its perfection ?  so money isn’t tight but flexible depending on who’s point of view is being asked . Millionaire’s pleading poverty .. don’t make laugh .

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on June 09, 2021, 10:45:02 am by RedRover45 »
I didn’t see a club has gone bust or driven to sacking its playing staff etc . You are just seeing it as a singularity , when they didn’t even furlough anyone or take government cash and still paid out to have pitch relaid at the end of the season after pickup an award for its perfection ?  so money isn’t tight but flexible depending on who’s point of view is being asked . Millionaire’s pleading poverty .. don’t make laugh .

A large amount of non playing staff, at the very least, were indeed furloughed.
If you don’t know what you’re talking about, do us all a favour and shut up talking b*llocks.

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on June 09, 2021, 11:04:11 am by Donny Viking »
18 hours on and a bit of reflection - 1stly I've not been emailed by the club, nor was I aware of previously statements about options for refunds, transfer of tickets etc (thanks for sharing) my only view was based on the DRFC ticketing page which I interpreted that this is the only offer on the table.

I'm much happier with the club on reflection if I'm given the choices suggested. For my package I'll probably ask for refunds on the 2 discounted tickets, but will donate the 2 adult tickets. I can afford to that, and this becomes my choice.

My feedback to the club would be ensure they communicate with members directly as well as put generic messages out on the web site. I know it's difficult, but I suspect like myself some others may have jumped to the wrong conclusion about the approach of the club.  I also understand the club doesn't want to promote refunds, but the free press article provides better context “Your generosity has been truly amazing. To those supporters who are allowing us to treat their purchase last year as a donation and are willing to buy again this season, we wish to offer the following package.” - subtle difference and easy with hindsight I know.

In conclusion thanks DRFC - you have restored my faith and I shouldn't jump to conclusions without all the facts

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on June 09, 2021, 12:06:45 pm by Move DRFC »
Well £99 for 24 years olds is ridiculously good. Live in Leeds but 4 of us are probs going to buy one now and we wouldn't have considered it before yesterday.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on June 09, 2021, 12:30:47 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Well £99 for 24 years olds is ridiculously good. Live in Leeds but 4 of us are probs going to buy one now and we wouldn't have considered it before yesterday.

Absolutely. I paid £270 at 16 and now pay £339 as an adult. To be fair all season ticket prices have been held fairly well over time, great credit for that and huge credit for fixing the problems retaining youngsters.

I'm sure the club will take on board some comments from some fans regarding other options granted they can't and won't please all fans it's impossible.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on June 09, 2021, 12:40:17 pm by EasyforDennis »
Im disappointed with the package on offer but I understand that the club can't please everyone. It's fine for those who can commit to buying them for the next 5 years but its not an option for me at the minute.

I still kick myself for renewing last seasons ticket when the world was going to shit, very poor foresight from myself.

Why not get a refund on this year's season ticket then use the money to buy next year's?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on June 09, 2021, 12:47:06 pm by Chris Black come back »

I wish I had gone for a half season ticket last season as there wasn’t any football on show during the second half of the season, that’s for sure.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on June 09, 2021, 01:17:51 pm by ravenrover »
And don't forget we had the i follow for free on home games over £200 worth

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on June 09, 2021, 01:27:03 pm by LincsRover »
Do you still get a discount for being an alliance member on top of the discount for being a silver member last year? It’s been, I think, 5% (or 10%?) discount ever since I’ve been an alliance member.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on June 09, 2021, 01:47:28 pm by since-1969 »

If you don’t know what you’re talking about, do us all a favour and shut up talking b*llocks.
yes you are right about the furlough of some staff .. my point was they were paid in FULL and not from the government. So money was allocated quite rightly .  My issue IS that the club should have repaid all those were out of pocket and not delayed any decision based on politics .

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on June 09, 2021, 01:58:27 pm by deebee »
Someone asked what does the under 17 deferral mean? I see this has not been answered yet. Also what happens if you were 17 last year but are now 18 this? What do you end up paying? Help, please.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on June 09, 2021, 02:01:56 pm by since-1969 »

Why not get a refund on this year's season ticket then use the money to buy next year's?
They don’t really want you to do this as it means 5-6k not paying anything at all .

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on June 09, 2021, 02:19:12 pm by silent majority »

And quite a number were made redundant as well. He just spouts nonsense.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on June 09, 2021, 02:20:07 pm by silent majority »
Someone asked what does the under 17 deferral mean? I see this has not been answered yet. Also what happens if you were 17 last year but are now 18 this? What do you end up paying? Help, please.

It means the money gets carried over. In other words they don't have to pay again.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on June 09, 2021, 02:23:08 pm by bedale rover »

They don’t really want you to do this as it means 5-6k not paying anything at all .

Exactly

We won't have a football club if that happens

There are no winners which ever way you look at it
All the club can do is ameliorate the hardship to protect the football club
Like walking a tightrope when people are firing misguided arrows at them!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on June 09, 2021, 02:31:50 pm by roversdude »

If as an individual you are unhappy (tbh can’t imagine you ever being happy) then ask for your money it’s a personal choice. What exactly is your problem with the board it seems every opportunity you have to have a pop

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on June 09, 2021, 02:37:56 pm by Jenny »

I've seen zero communication from the club saying that you can claim a refund

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on June 09, 2021, 02:49:49 pm by elmsallrover »
And they are about to sell next season season tickets without knowing if fans are going to be allowed back into the stadium

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on June 09, 2021, 02:50:37 pm by karldew »
I’ve emailed the club and sorted a refund by BACs payment 18th June. The same day I’m renewing for 21/22 season. The ‘five year thank you’ doesn’t work for me but I’m still buying for next season after the refund and will also be buying my 3 year old her first season ticket.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on June 09, 2021, 03:13:19 pm by Draytonian III »
Do you have to buy the “ 5 year reward ticket “all in one go ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on June 09, 2021, 03:15:34 pm by silent majority »
Do you have to buy the “ 5 year reward ticket “all in one go ?

No.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on June 09, 2021, 03:16:09 pm by silent majority »
And they are about to sell next season season tickets without knowing if fans are going to be allowed back into the stadium

The advice from the EFL is to proceed as normal.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on June 09, 2021, 03:43:37 pm by since-1969 »
Great news ( happy )

The advice from the EFL is to proceed as normal.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012