Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:28:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 40235 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Season tickets
« Reply #30 on June 08, 2021, 10:46:35 am by drfchound »
I can’t see anything being announced before the government’s 14 June statement which will outline wether things can fully reopen

My thoughts on this too DVR.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 08, 2021, 11:37:44 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just spoke to the club and you won't have to wait very long.

The club are itching to get the info out. The EFL have advised clubs to plan for a normal season in terms of numbers etc, and from what I've just heard, I hope everyone will be pleased with what's on offer.

What with a new era under Richie and the prospect of getting back into the stadium, exciting times are ahead.

I held back last season due to Covid but this time I'll be making my purchase very soon!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 08, 2021, 11:58:42 am by silent majority »

The club are itching to get the info out. The EFL have advised clubs to plan for a normal season in terms of numbers etc, and from what I've just heard, I hope everyone will be pleased with what's on offer.

What with a new era under Richie and the prospect of getting back into the stadium, exciting times are ahead.

I held back last season due to Covid but this time I'll be making my purchase very soon!

That's right Baz, the club will be making announcements later today.

ST's will be available to purchase on-line from the 14th with in-person sales available from the 21st.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 08, 2021, 12:48:12 pm by Filo »
I happily let the club keep the money for my season ticket last season, but there was no mention of the extra I paid for parking on top of that, it looks like that was assumed to be taken by the club as well

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 08, 2021, 05:23:23 pm by the vicar »
I can’t see anything being announced before the government’s 14 June statement which will outline wether things can fully reopen

My thoughts on this too DVR.
then it will be a month after if they say no then

oliver

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 08, 2021, 05:29:43 pm by oliver »
Will we still be able to renew our original seat.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on June 08, 2021, 05:50:43 pm by Donnywolf »
*** Guessing ***

Yes - I would think thats nailed on BUT ...people might have to spend some matches in a different Seat or even different Stand if closures occur with sections of the Ground

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 08, 2021, 05:58:03 pm by silent majority »
Will we still be able to renew our original seat.

Yes.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 08, 2021, 06:18:32 pm by Filo »
Seen the offer, good stuff, but no mention of the car park pass that was never used and no mention of how to be rewarded for that

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 08, 2021, 06:22:02 pm by elmsallrover »
Have I read it right to get £200 back of my £400+ season ticket I've got to buy a season ticket for the next 5 years

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 08, 2021, 06:29:30 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Have I read it right to get £200 back of my £400+ season ticket I've got to buy a season ticket for the next 5 years

It appears that way. First impression is they've done some good things in this. The 18-24 piece is a great move imo.

I feel they could lay out a little more about last season for those who aren't renewing or want other options.

But I think the vast majority will be happy. It depends if you see your purchase as a club member or a ticket....

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 08, 2021, 06:32:25 pm by RoverBB »

You will get £40 off the cost of your renewal for the next 5 seasons.

(Essentially giving you back 50% from your season ticket last season that you didn’t get to use)

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 08, 2021, 06:42:39 pm by elmsallrover »
Totally taking the piss

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 08, 2021, 06:49:29 pm by silent majority »
Totally taking the piss

Care to explain?

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 08, 2021, 06:52:41 pm by RoverBB »
Is it though? Is it really?

Shrewsbury’s thank you to supporters was to give them all a voucher for a free cup of tea/coffee at all home games next season.

Rovers are giving you £40 off your Season Ticket and giving you access to the Experience Club which is worth £120!

Brilliant if you ask us - but we have a glass half full perspective on things.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 08, 2021, 07:00:13 pm by Spud »
Any link to the offer? Can't see owt, must be on Twitter?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 08, 2021, 07:00:51 pm by Filo »

Shrewsbury’s thank you to supporters was to give them all a voucher for a free cup of tea/coffee at all home games next season.

Rovers are giving you £40 off your Season Ticket and giving you access to the Experience Club which is worth £120!

They are not giving me £40 off anything, they have kept the car park pass money, I was happy to donate my ST Money, I signed up for the lottery, I thought maybe we would get parking for free this season, but there has been no mention of the car park money

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 08, 2021, 07:06:56 pm by silent majority »

They are not giving me £40 off anything, they have kept the car park pass money, I was happy to donate my ST Money, I signed up for the lottery, I thought maybe we would get parking for free this season, but there has been no mention of the car park money

They're giving you £40 off next seasons ticket price, plus doing it again for another 4 seasons. How is that not giving you a discount?

Yes, I accept the car park but that's a separate issue. Why not take that up with the club?

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 08, 2021, 07:10:20 pm by Donny Viking »
I'm actually really disappointed with the offer.

Having spent over £900 on 4 season tickets last year to get at best £230 worth of value back using Ifollow (you only need one £10/game), I've basically donated £670 to the club. I don't want half of that back over the next 5 years.

I was actually happy to write off my Season ticket off, but with a significant partial refund on the others and this offer is not or near that.

I'm now thinking about not renewing now or in the future - I've just shown I can live without football for 12 months. Money is tighter than ever for some.

Can we legally request a full refund for services not delivered?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 08, 2021, 07:11:03 pm by Filo »

They're giving you £40 off next seasons ticket price, plus doing it again for another 4 seasons. How is that not giving you a discount?

Yes, I accept the car park but that's a separate issue. Why not take that up with the club?

Not sure it’s a separate issue when it was bought alongside a season ticket, and yes I will be asking the question before I renew, it feels like they have ignored the money from the car park in the hope no one notices

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 08, 2021, 07:17:19 pm by LincolnDonny »

That's right Baz, the club will be making announcements later today.

ST's will be available to purchase on-line from the 14th with in-person sales available from the 21st.

We Purchased The Disabled Parkling with the Disabled season tickets last season ..............any idea what they are doing reference the parking as we paid over £100 basically and of course got nothing?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 08, 2021, 07:21:39 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Genuine feeling. 'new' season ticket holders will be next to nothing with the prices IMO. Renewals will be okay but can see some being pissed off and seen as a clever tactic to get people renewing for the next 5 years.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 08, 2021, 07:26:18 pm by Redandwhite »
No news  for people who donated the remainder of 19/20 season ticket refund ?

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 08, 2021, 07:31:29 pm by Redandwhite »
Genuine feeling. 'new' season ticket holders will be next to nothing with the prices IMO. Renewals will be okay but can see some being pissed off and seen as a clever tactic to get people renewing for the next 5 years.

Completely agree, nothing to incentivise new season ticket purchasers .

I would be classed as a 'new season ticket purchaser' despite having a season ticket for 20 plus years unbroken. Just because I didn't purchase last year for obvious reasons . I also purchased I follow for every match, despite being dog shit for half the season.
I also donated the remainder on my 19/20 season ticket refund .

I'd say there's a big chunk of people in the same boat as me .

The club really needs to be attracting new support

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on June 08, 2021, 07:32:40 pm by silent majority »

Its not a clever tactic to get people renewing for the next 5 years, its a clever tactic to stop the club going out of business.

Rcb2366

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 08, 2021, 07:33:59 pm by Rcb2366 »
What happens to the season ticket holders that can’t afford to donate £400 and renew again. I’m not interested in the benefits offered just thought my season ticket would be carried over. I donated the previous season unused ticket money and also joined the lottery.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 08, 2021, 07:37:45 pm by Chris Black come back »
It’s a great deal.

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 08, 2021, 07:47:42 pm by LincolnDonny »
So ................no-one knows about the parking paid out last year then?

The correct thing on this would be free for this coming season?

RoverBB

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 08, 2021, 07:48:59 pm by RoverBB »
I'm actually really disappointed with the offer.

Having spent over £900 on 4 season tickets last year to get at best £230 worth of value back using Ifollow (you only need one £10/game), I've basically donated £670 to the club. I don't want half of that back over the next 5 years.

I was actually happy to write off my Season ticket off, but with a significant partial refund on the others and this offer is not or near that.

I'm now thinking about not renewing now or in the future - I've just shown I can live without football for 12 months. Money is tighter than ever for some.

Can we legally request a full refund for services not delivered?

I would recommend you contact the club directly to discuss options. If you email info@clubdoncaster.co.uk, it will be passed on to the relevant people.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on June 08, 2021, 07:49:15 pm by DearneValleyRover »
So ................no-one knows about the parking paid out last year then?

You need to contact the club LD, I’m sure someone will have an open and honest conversation with you

TinyPortal © 2005-2012