Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:21:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 40260 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Season tickets
« Reply #60 on June 08, 2021, 07:49:49 pm by silent majority »
Is it though? Is it really?

Shrewsbury’s thank you to supporters was to give them all a voucher for a free cup of tea/coffee at all home games next season.

Rovers are giving you £40 off your Season Ticket and giving you access to the Experience Club which is worth £120!

Brilliant if you ask us - but we have a glass half full perspective on things.

They are not giving me £40 off anything, they have kept the car park pass money, I was happy to donate my ST Money, I signed up for the lottery, I thought maybe we would get parking for free this season, but there has been no mention of the car park money

They're giving you £40 off next seasons ticket price, plus doing it again for another 4 seasons. How is that not giving you a discount?

Yes, I accept the car park but that's a separate issue. Why not take that up with the club?

Not sure it’s a separate issue when it was bought alongside a season ticket, and yes I will be asking the question before I renew, it feels like they have ignored the money from the car park in the hope no one notices

I've just been reminded that this issue did come up at a supporters board meeting.

There was communication that went out to each individual about their car park pass, but it appears not everybody got it. So, I would suggest you get in touch.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 08, 2021, 07:50:00 pm by elmsallrover »
I'm actually really disappointed with the offer.

Having spent over £900 on 4 season tickets last year to get at best £230 worth of value back using Ifollow (you only need one £10/game), I've basically donated £670 to the club. I don't want half of that back over the next 5 years.

I was actually happy to write off my Season ticket off, but with a significant partial refund on the others and this offer is not or near that.

I'm now thinking about not renewing now or in the future - I've just shown I can live without football for 12 months. Money is tighter than ever for some.

Can we legally request a full refund for services not delivered?
totally agree my girlfriend was going to get one this season but I don't think we will now

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on June 08, 2021, 07:50:07 pm by Filo »
So ................no-one knows about the parking paid out last year then?

I’ve had an email from the club within the last 10 minutes that has three options regarding car parking (silver +) one option is to defer last seasons to the coming season

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on June 08, 2021, 07:52:26 pm by Filo »

Shrewsbury’s thank you to supporters was to give them all a voucher for a free cup of tea/coffee at all home games next season.

Rovers are giving you £40 off your Season Ticket and giving you access to the Experience Club which is worth £120!

They are not giving me £40 off anything, they have kept the car park pass money, I was happy to donate my ST Money, I signed up for the lottery, I thought maybe we would get parking for free this season, but there has been no mention of the car park money

They're giving you £40 off next seasons ticket price, plus doing it again for another 4 seasons. How is that not giving you a discount?

Yes, I accept the car park but that's a separate issue. Why not take that up with the club?

Not sure it’s a separate issue when it was bought alongside a season ticket, and yes I will be asking the question before I renew, it feels like they have ignored the money from the car park in the hope no one notices

I've just been reminded that this issue did come up at a supporters board meeting.

There was communication that went out to each individual about their car park pass, but it appears not everybody got it. So, I would suggest you get in touch.

As my previous post states I’ve had an email within the last 10 mins with a copy of that communication, never got it first time around

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on June 08, 2021, 07:55:35 pm by silent majority »
No news  for people who donated the remainder of 19/20 season ticket refund ?

erm, you donated the remainder of your 19/20 season ticket.

That's it, its a donation.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on June 08, 2021, 07:56:16 pm by Chris Black come back »
Priceless.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on June 08, 2021, 08:02:02 pm by Lincoln Rover »
It’s impossible to please all of the people all of the time. I politely suggest individuals with specific concerns/observations contact the club.
We on the SB tried to think of many eventualities but can’t cover everyone’s personal circumstances. I’m more than happy with the clubs offer with the idea of keeping OUR club afloat and future generations have a club to support.

Rcb2366

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on June 08, 2021, 08:07:04 pm by Rcb2366 »
As you say it’s impossible to please everyone but not everyone who took part in the survey wanted to donate the season ticket money, we hoped to just carry it over, have to apply for a refund and purchase again
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 08:09:46 pm by Rcb2366 »

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on June 08, 2021, 08:09:06 pm by LincolnDonny »

It appears you may have ...but as i see it the ones who purchased the Car parking Didn't get any communication in any way !

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on June 08, 2021, 08:10:51 pm by Filo »

It appears you may have ...but as i see it the ones who purchased the Car parking Didn't get any communication in any way !

Check your emails, I have now sorted mine, credit to Tracy for sorting it this late in the evening

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on June 08, 2021, 08:12:09 pm by silent majority »
As you it’s impossible to please everyone but not everyone who took part in the survey wanted to donate the season ticket money, we hoped to just carry it over

Surely the simple answer is to ask for a refund and then buy a new ticket with that?

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on June 08, 2021, 08:15:45 pm by karldew »
“we wish to offer the following package”

Does that mean we’re entitled to a full refund if we don’t want to commit to the ‘five year thank you’?

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on June 08, 2021, 08:17:12 pm by Donny Viking »
I'm actually really disappointed with the offer.

Having spent over £900 on 4 season tickets last year to get at best £230 worth of value back using Ifollow (you only need one £10/game), I've basically donated £670 to the club. I don't want half of that back over the next 5 years.

I was actually happy to write off my Season ticket off, but with a significant partial refund on the others and this offer is not or near that.

I'm now thinking about not renewing now or in the future - I've just shown I can live without football for 12 months. Money is tighter than ever for some.

Can we legally request a full refund for services not delivered?

And just one other thought - I donated at the end of 19-20, now it seems 20-21, what happens if football gets disrupted again in 21-22? I'm not sure I want to keep taking this risk with season tickets donations for who knows what over the coming years? I'm happy to donate when I'm asked but not when it is assumed.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on June 08, 2021, 08:17:31 pm by bedale rover »
Given the circumstances

I think the club have been as generous as they can

Rcb2366

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on June 08, 2021, 08:22:56 pm by Rcb2366 »
As you it’s impossible to please everyone but not everyone who took part in the survey wanted to donate the season ticket money, we hoped to just carry it over

Surely the simple answer is to ask for a refund and then buy a new ticket with that?

How long will the refund process take?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on June 08, 2021, 08:29:13 pm by RoversAlias »
I read this thread before seeing the announcement and thought it must have been a shit-show. Turns out the measures offered are really good for the most part.

If you want a refund...ask for one? The club won't just ignore you if you do.

Also, the 5 year spread of getting our 20/21 money back is for an obvious reason. If the club just give us all a free ST this year then they make £0 off of it. So how are we supposed to sign good new players, or even exist? This method makes business sense for the club and gives all of us loyal ST holders a long-term discount. What's the issue?

Sounds like the car parking thing has been addressed too, which my Dad will appreciate as last season was the first year he was paying for one due to age catching up with his back!

So the club get a full applause from me and will be getting two returning season ticket holders and one brand new one from my family. Top marks.

One related question - who sits on the Supporter's Board and how was it put together? Perhaps I should already know but for whatever reason, I don't.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 08, 2021, 08:39:53 pm by Janso »
What does it mean by the U17s STs being deferred? and will whatever it means be automatically applied online if we've got a login for the ticket system?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on June 08, 2021, 08:43:00 pm by Metalmicky »

How long will the refund process take?

8 days, 12 hours, 15 mins.....

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on June 08, 2021, 08:44:43 pm by roversdude »
I appreciate that everyone’s circumstances are different but I’m pleased with this offer

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on June 08, 2021, 08:45:39 pm by Plumbster »
Is there an option to pay full price for those lucky enough to be able to afford it?  It might help make up for what looks like some very understandable requests for refunds.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on June 08, 2021, 08:51:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
In my experience, the club are always happy to discuss individual concerns.  They don't ignore people.

Let's not forget, we've been through unprecedented times and through fans generosity, it really helped keep the club on a sound footing.

The liability, should everyone want a refund, even a partial refund, would be damaging but the club are trying to mitigate that and give something in return 

They understand there maybe people who's circumstances may have changed too, so, as said above they will  deal with anyone who contacts them and try to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on June 08, 2021, 08:55:06 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Genuine feeling. 'new' season ticket holders will be next to nothing with the prices IMO. Renewals will be okay but can see some being pissed off and seen as a clever tactic to get people renewing for the next 5 years.

Its not a clever tactic to get people renewing for the next 5 years, its a clever tactic to stop the club going out of business.

Exactly knowing this offer will do exactly this. Okay clever business then for better choice of wording.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on June 08, 2021, 09:26:16 pm by ravenrover »
Prices held to last years + £40 discount for 2020-21 ticket holders and people are complaining?
You can have a your money back for last season or use it to buy next seasons?
Am I missing something?

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on June 08, 2021, 09:33:04 pm by Scooter »
I think this is a great offer. I didn’t renew last season and donated what was left of the previous season. I watched every single ifollow match home and away so spent over 500 quid watching a massively substandard experience.
I sit in the south stand so £299 for live league one football watching the team I love they can take my money. 35 quid for under 17s is great and I’ll be buying a couple of those as well.
Membership cards to scan at the turnstiles is a good move

So, decent prices, an ambitious manager and a squad overhaul - I can’t wait!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on June 08, 2021, 09:45:09 pm by ravenrover »
Just this minute I have had an e mail from Tracey, that's dedication for you, thanking me for my donation and saying that she will apply my deferall of my silver plus element to season 21-22. I have asked her for clarification of what that is as I have not mentioned any deferrall
She has just replied saying car parking and hospitality so looks like the car parking side of the question is sorted

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on June 08, 2021, 09:48:43 pm by ravenrover »
And yet another e mail, we have some fantastic staff
Dear Silver Plus Member

Following on from the communication I sent earlier this evening, I would like to clarify the offer to defer the Silver plus to the 21/22 season.

This offer is for the Car parking and Hospitality only (the bolt on that your paid £120 for during the 20/21 season and did not get to use).

Further communication will arrive with you from Saturday 12 June regarding the Silver Membership (Season Ticket element).  Unless you have already seen this on the official website

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on June 08, 2021, 09:57:19 pm by Redandwhite »
No news  for people who donated the remainder of 19/20 season ticket refund ?

erm, you donated the remainder of your 19/20 season ticket.

That's it, its a donation.
OK, I'm sure the club appreciated it,  :rolleyes:.

So donated season ticket refunds from 19/20 aren't given access to the new package ?

« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 10:11:51 pm by Redandwhite »

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on June 08, 2021, 10:08:58 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
I’ll be going for a refund, still deciding wether to use the refunded money to get a season ticket or just go as and when and my work pattern is now completely different post lockdown. A bit astonished they are not offering a simple ‘defer it to this season’ option but I’m not brass I’m just a fan.

If they had offered a simple transfer I’d have taken it even knowing I would miss 40-50% of home games but none of them options appeal to me

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 08, 2021, 10:11:25 pm by Redandwhite »
I’ll be going for a refund, still deciding wether to use the refunded money to get a season ticket or just go as and when and my work pattern is now completely different post lockdown. A bit astonished they are not offering a simple ‘defer it to this season’ option but I’m not brass I’m just a fan.

If they had offered a simple transfer I’d have taken it even knowing I would miss 40-50% of home games but none of them options appeal to me
They clearly aren't marketers are they    :lol:

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on June 08, 2021, 10:13:58 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
I understand they are a bit torn, and damned if they do damned if they don’t, they have a business to keep afloat of course. But for everyone person that is like me (I can’t be the only one) they’re now going to be down money

TinyPortal © 2005-2012