Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 11:26:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 40019 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Season tickets
« Reply #150 on June 10, 2021, 02:46:27 pm by silent majority »
The one thing that does bother me is those ST holders who are now asking for a full refund and disregarding the iFollow service they enjoyed last season. That's poor form at a time when the club needs our help.

Surely they get a refund minus £10 per game for the home iFollow games they watched.

You would think so, but its not happening.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on June 10, 2021, 02:53:46 pm by EasyforDennis »
The one thing that does bother me is those ST holders who are now asking for a full refund and disregarding the iFollow service they enjoyed last season. That's poor form at a time when the club needs our help.

As someone who is on the supporters board I think you shouldn't be too quick to assume everyone who has asked for a refund has been able to use the ifollow service and should be a little more understanding of other people's circumstances.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on June 10, 2021, 02:56:22 pm by karldew »

Not all people used that service though? Or the service they received wasn't great OR had multiple season tickets to 1 household.

Like I said in a previous post, I’m receiving a full refund (18/06/21) then spending around another £140 as well as the refund the day I get it. It’s what works best for me and in the bigger picture the club end up with the same, if not more money over the 20/21 & 21/22 season. I’d probably not be able to afford it if not, even though I shouldn’t have to explain myself.

Everyone’s trying to do THEIR BEST to keep the club going, it shouldn’t put people in a difficult situation.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 03:13:25 pm by karldew »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on June 10, 2021, 03:15:15 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

I take the point. But what about those who:

1. Didn't or couldn't watch it.
2. Found it a poor product.
3. Found it vastly inferior and not worth £10.
4. Live with others who had access so pay more than once for something others paid once for.

It's not that simple and these to me are all valid arguments.

I do though agree, if you liked (note liked not enjoyed last season) watched every game, are getting some money back and are an individual then I don't think it's morally right to ask for all money back.  Some people in times we are in will just want the money, I can understand that but don't necessarily agree.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on June 10, 2021, 03:22:38 pm by RoversAlias »
At the end of the day, people who paid for a Season Ticket last season paid hundreds of pounds to watch 23 live football games and they got the opportunity to watch 0. However you slice it, they are entitled to refunds if that is what they want because what they paid for was not provided (through no fault of the club, but still). Getting on a high horse about that is not fair or needed.

I watched every game on iFollow, I'm not asking for a refund and I will be buying again next week, but I have never liked this viewpoint that watching the games on tele from the sofa was comparable to the live experience and therefore made Season Tickets worthwhile. It didn't. It was the best available option in the circumstances, but still vastly inferior to sitting in the stands cheering the team on, seeing friends and family and enjoying a day out at the football. So I don't begrudge anybody who feels that that experience was not worth £300 or £400, because I don't think it was even though I'm not somebody who wants their money back.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on June 10, 2021, 04:18:35 pm by since-1969 »
The club isn’t a charity and should not look for it !!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on June 10, 2021, 04:46:46 pm by the vicar »
and nether are we supporters and fellow pensioners. I tried to watch it on I follow but most of the time it was very hit and miss so I never got my money’s worth, and I am also not asking for my money back, but I do expect fair play and it wouldn’t hurt to give a bit of discount in aid of loyalty as us fans have shown loyalty for a season and half
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 04:57:13 pm by the vicar »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on June 10, 2021, 04:49:56 pm by silent majority »

As someone who is on the supporters board I think you shouldn't be too quick to assume everyone who has asked for a refund has been able to use the ifollow service and should be a little more understanding of other people's circumstances.

You need to read what I wrote. I didn't assume anything. As for being a supporters board member what has that got to do with anything?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on June 10, 2021, 04:54:14 pm by silent majority »
I'm not going to respond to everybody who seems to think the point was aimed at them, it wasn't.

My point was those who are asking for a full refund AND disregarding the iFollow service that they enjoyed.

Now, if you didn't, or couldn't, watch iFollow then of course this wasn't a comment aimed at you.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on June 10, 2021, 06:23:07 pm by drfchound »
What proportion of the £10 iFollow home games money would the club have received and how much of the away game £10 money would the club have received.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on June 10, 2021, 07:18:00 pm by roversdude »

So what does your business model look like please

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on June 10, 2021, 08:32:48 pm by Jenny »

Surely they get a refund minus £10 per game for the home iFollow games they watched.

Who's fault is that though? Surely the club have access to who watched the ifollow games and can adjust refunds accordingly? At the start of the season people were using individual codes to access and then their accounts in the latter parts. The club must have some kind of records?

I feel like making people reach out for refunds is a bit like emotional blackmail

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on June 10, 2021, 08:59:18 pm by roversdude »
Have the actual prices been released and will we just be able to sort it online ?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on June 10, 2021, 09:07:55 pm by drfchound »
The prices are all shown on the DROS.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on June 10, 2021, 09:37:51 pm by roversdude »
Ok thanks

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on June 10, 2021, 10:28:28 pm by silent majority »

Who's fault is that though? Surely the club have access to who watched the ifollow games and can adjust refunds accordingly? At the start of the season people were using individual codes to access and then their accounts in the latter parts. The club must have some kind of records?

I feel like making people reach out for refunds is a bit like emotional blackmail

Well no, that's not right.

iFollow is an EFL product and the data is held by the EFL.

The data is accessible by the club but not in a format that would help them deliver the solution you mention. The data isn't broken down match by match.

And iFollow wasn't built or designed to do what it did last season. It was adapted at rapid speed to provide a solution that would keep season ticket holders happy so they wouldn't be demanding refunds. If they hadn't have done that then just about every EFL club would have gone out of business within a few months.

Unlike other business's football carried on, had to pay players and yet had no match day income other than the money received for season tickets.

Its certainly not intended to be blackmail, but a lot of thought and effort went into giving money back to ST holders but yet enabling the club to carry on and survive. Other clubs at our level have done nothing of the sort.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on June 11, 2021, 08:15:13 am by since-1969 »

The data is accessible by the club but not in a format that would help them deliver the solution you mention. The data isn't broken down match by match.

And iFollow wasn't built or designed to do what it did last season. It was adapted at rapid speed to provide a solution that would keep season ticket holders happy so they wouldn't be demanding refunds. If they hadn't have done that then just about every EFL club would have gone out of business within a few months.

Unlike other business's football carried on, had to pay players and yet had no match day income other than the money received for season tickets.

Its certainly not intended to be blackmail, but a lot of thought and effort went into giving money back to ST holders but yet enabling the club to carry on and survive. Other clubs at our level have done nothing of the sort.
Though  the plight of football through this crisis was there to see ….but not ONE club went to the wall so something was done to prevent this . Fans rallied , players took a wage cut ( temporary)  and EFL juggled it’s priorities to help. But NO mention of the millionaires who own their clubs digging deep . I do not begrudge owners from stating their views and putting the facts out there , but to seek only to ask supporters to take the brunt when many of them have had greatly reduced finances or lost their jobs is poor judgment on the these clubs , particularly when they turned and walked away from wage capping and budget prudence measure being mandatory. WHY because it would have removed their advantage of their status of higher earning from the large crowds that clubs like Sunderland , Sheffield Wednesday and Portsmouth etc  all seeking not to have a levelled up financial playing field . So I do think refunds should have been given without prejudice and left to the individual to decide without the obvious bias written into the statements given out by the club.. this should not be a debate carried out on here but a recognition that things are starting from a lower expectations due to the current situation. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 08:23:02 am by since-1969 »

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on June 11, 2021, 09:08:41 am by DRNaith »

Though  the plight of football through this crisis was there to see ….but not ONE club went to the wall so something was done to prevent this . Fans rallied , players took a wage cut ( temporary)  and EFL juggled it’s priorities to help. But NO mention of the millionaires who own their clubs digging deep . I do not begrudge owners from stating their views and putting the facts out there , but to seek only to ask supporters to take the brunt when many of them have had greatly reduced finances or lost their jobs is poor judgment on the these clubs , particularly when they turned and walked away from wage capping and budget prudence measure being mandatory. WHY because it would have removed their advantage of their status of higher earning from the large crowds that clubs like Sunderland , Sheffield Wednesday and Portsmouth etc  all seeking not to have a levelled up financial playing field . So I do think refunds should have been given without prejudice and left to the individual to decide without the obvious bias written into the statements given out by the club.. this should not be a debate carried out on here but a recognition that things are starting from a lower expectations due to the current situation. 

Our owners dig deep every season.  Why do you feel they should give even more millions?  I don't see anyone with your bank statement deciding how much you should invest into this part of your life.

Seriously, be grateful for the ownership we have, not the ownership you wish we had that would be bankrupt in two seasons if they invested as you want them to.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on June 11, 2021, 09:29:10 am by roversdude »

You just can’t resist it can you, why do you think we even have a club. You are like an unwanted stuck record

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #169 on June 11, 2021, 09:33:22 am by selby »
Since - 1969  not one club will come out of this financially well, some of the bigger clubs with traditionally bigger crowds have lost massively when it comes to revenue and their underlying costs are larger than clubs like ours as well.
    Hence the problems that a club like Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County are undergoing, and they are not the only ones, and with an uncertain future ahead that nobody can forecast with certainty how quickly it will return to normal as far as attending games and the business of clubs like hospitality and functions are concerned is somewhat of a guess, and some of the bigger spenders are just continuing to push the boat out.
   If the majority of football clubs were ordinary Businesses they would have shut down years ago.
  We have a good management team who have to look at the big picture, not just the playing side, and from the outside looking in as we as supporters are all having to do, and not knowing the real cost of the financial hit, as far as I can see as a club we have  been  steered through the pandemic quite well as a club of which the playing side is the one us supporters concentrate on and tend to dismiss the other side of the business which underpins everything.
  All we can now do is where possible show our support to the club in whichever way we can, the best way by going to games and buying tickets if we have the funds to do so,  let the business side and the team management get on with their jobs with the finances that are made available, and hope we have a little of that thing called luck and can recover to something like normality and make some progress.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on June 11, 2021, 09:51:03 am by Spud »
I'm sure the gap to fill has been bigger this season, despite everyone doing their bit (that's as much as I'm feeding the troll).

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on June 11, 2021, 10:01:33 am by ravenrover »
Will be interesting to see the balance sheet from this season to see how much extra our owners have provided to keep us going a bit more than the annual £2m which even that is not enough for some of our so called supporters

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on June 11, 2021, 10:53:34 am by Redandwhite »
Let's hope they do the right thing and publish the FULL set of accounts and not the abbreviated one as usual. 

I think fans of all clubs deserve full transparency, especially this time, when so much has been done by the fans to keep the clubs going .

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on June 11, 2021, 11:49:36 am by bobbymax »
At the end of the day. we all want value for money but also a team we can support that will be sustainable well into the future.
It is an individual's responsibility to judge whether the compromises the club has made are adequate and suit the individual's needs.
In my case, I'm quite happy to make a long-term commitment even though I'm in the seniors bracket now. I will also donate last season's offered refund, as I did the year before, but I can probably afford it.
You will never please all the people all the time but the club are actually being very generous compared to many others as far as I can see.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on June 11, 2021, 11:54:28 am by DearneValleyRover »
Each individual has to decide what is best for them and shouldn’t be derided for it, in respect to the Club I personally feel they have done a great job compared to so many, have a look at what Cheltenham have done to their fans, we would all complain if ours had done the same

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on June 11, 2021, 12:49:56 pm by since-1969 »

Our owners dig deep every season.  Why do you feel they should give even more millions?  I don't see anyone with your bank statement deciding how much you should invest into this part of your life.

Seriously, be grateful for the ownership we have, not the ownership you wish we had that would be bankrupt in two seasons if they invested as you want them to.
The are the legacy holders for DRFC and by that if they feel unable to continue then they should sell . I DO appreciate all that they do , but it’s their choice and if it went bump then so be it, that’s football but NO one has gone out of business have they , and they will not walk away from this whilst ever they can sell it at some point . They run the club as cheaply as they can and that includes using every season tickets holders refunds to do it ..FACT !!

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on June 11, 2021, 12:58:14 pm by Pancho Regan »
Let's hope they do the right thing and publish the FULL set of accounts and not the abbreviated one as usual. 

I think fans of all clubs deserve full transparency, especially this time, when so much has been done by the fans to keep the clubs going .

Alternatively you could just trust the Board.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on June 11, 2021, 01:17:48 pm by since-1969 »
Interesting!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on June 11, 2021, 01:20:18 pm by roversdude »
Is it

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #179 on June 11, 2021, 01:21:27 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Interesting!

I'm willing to wager 60% of Sims wages were paid by Southampton whilst he was on loan here.

Reading that snippet of the article to me insinuates that he was our player & we paid it all.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012