Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:06:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 40280 times)

Welling Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Season tickets
« Reply #300 on July 23, 2021, 05:28:51 pm by Welling Rover »
But what about his 3 or 4 games he donated without any thanks

Don't know about anyone else but I had email from club thanking me for the donation.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #301 on July 23, 2021, 05:54:06 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I’ve had about 3 emails thanking me for renewing and donating so not sure why he hasn’t unless he’s changed email addressed

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #302 on July 24, 2021, 10:17:27 am by Redandwhite »
Barnsley have sold 11k and have stopped selling season tickets as they don't think they will be able to go to full capacity

They're 70 quid cheaper than ours. Partner dad paid 250 on halfway line for next season!
That's excellent .
Ours are clearly overpriced, and  feel it's not been appreciated me donating the remainder of my 19/20 season ticket money .
Won't be doing that again .

Shaun did some comparisons between Barnsley and Doncaster based on this thread and me asking if they were a lot cheaper than us

Taking on board a complete comparison between renewal discounts(5 year thanks you's)  and full season tickets

ADULTS

Barnsley adults range between £235 to £475
Doncaster adults range between £269 to £395

SENIORS

Barnsley seniors range from £145 to £270
Doncaster seniors range from £199 to £295

Barnsley seniors start at 65
Doncaster seniors start at 60 so start five years younger

YOUNG ADULTS

Barnsley young adults range from £145 to £270
Doncaster young adults range from £79 to £195

Barnsley young adults are 19 – 21
Doncaster young adults are 18 – 24 so start younger and last for longer

JUNORS

Barnsley   £70 to £115
Doncaster £35
Barnsley juniors are 12 -19
Doncaster Juniors are 12-18

CHILDREN

Barnsley £10 to £35
Doncaster £35
Barnsley children are U12
Doncaster children are U12

GENERAL

Doncaster also offered anyone who renewed who bought a 5 year commitment on a cheaper season ticket.  Barnsley only offered one year

Barnsley also charge interest on their spread payments, going up to 9.70% for 10 months. 
Doncaster only charge a flat admin fee and no interest.

Thanks, I appreciate you responding like an adult, how I'd expect you to respond.

We look much better priced now .

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #303 on July 24, 2021, 10:24:37 am by Redandwhite »
Barnsley have sold 11k and have stopped selling season tickets as they don't think they will be able to go to full capacity

They're 70 quid cheaper than ours. Partner dad paid 250 on halfway line for next season!
That's excellent .
Ours are clearly overpriced, and  feel it's not been appreciated me donating the remainder of my 19/20 season ticket money .

Shaun did some comparisons between Barnsley and Doncaster based on this thread and me asking if they were a lot cheaper than us

Taking on board a complete comparison between renewal discounts(5 year thanks you's)  and full season tickets

ADULTS

SENIORS

YOUNG ADULTS

JUNORS

Barnsley   £70 to £115
Doncaster £35

CHILDREN

Barnsley £10 to £35
Doncaster £35

GENERAL

Doncaster also offered anyone who renewed who bought a 5 year commitment on a cheaper season ticket.  Barnsley only offered one year

Barnsley also charge interest on their spread payments, going up to 9.70% for 10 months. 

It's not ust that I didn't get a thanks, I didn't even get a response to my email .

It's common courtesy and professionalism.

Fans have been milked dry, how many other industries are there that expect donations of hundreds from customers ?
I'm not just talking about me here .

Didn't see any Debenhams fans donating £300 to keep them going .

I'd also like to know how much more tb has put in during these times ?

For the sake of fans who are now not just emotionally invested, but financially too .

Could the donations be converted into shares and given to the vsc ?
Serious question .

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #304 on July 24, 2021, 10:41:50 am by GazLaz »
“ Didn't see any Debenhams fans donating £300 to keep them going.”

There have been a lot of classic lines written on this forum. This one is up there with the best. I don’t know if you are a man, woman, child, or how old you are, I do know you’re no football fan though.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #305 on July 24, 2021, 10:44:11 am by Redandwhite »

There have been a lot of classic lines written on this forum. This one is up there with the best. I don’t know if you are a man, woman, child, or how old you are, I do know you’re no football fan though.
How you work that one out then ?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #306 on July 24, 2021, 12:44:00 pm by Filo »

That's excellent .

ADULTS

SENIORS

YOUNG ADULTS

JUNORS

Barnsley   £70 to £115
Doncaster £35

CHILDREN

Barnsley £10 to £35
Doncaster £35

GENERAL

It's not ust that I didn't get a thanks, I didn't even get a response to my email .

Fans have been milked dry, how many other industries are there that expect donations of hundreds from customers ?

For the sake of fans who are now not just emotionally invested, but financially too .

Serious question .

Your donated 3 or 4 games never amounted to anywhere near £300

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #307 on July 24, 2021, 01:38:11 pm by DearneValleyRover »
How have fans been milked dry? Each one of us has a choice to either donate or ask for a refund it’s simple really no one has been forced to donate. If you haven’t received an email then I doubt you had a season ticket or one of the 10 game packages because the people who work in the office have been nothing but helpful. I bet you haven’t contacted the club to ask about your missing email, if it bothers you so much give them a ring or are you expecting someone from the VSC to do it even though you slag them off.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #308 on July 24, 2021, 03:41:17 pm by ravenrover »
I don't get the need for a personal thank you to an individual

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #309 on July 24, 2021, 04:42:04 pm by since-1969 »
Are we in the Championship or Barnsley ??

Your point being?
Barnsley in the Championship are making a good fist of getting fans back into the ground using season ticket  pricing as part of this and with their Championship budget  are keeping everything affordable.
Rovers are attempting to do likewise and with a lower wage budget than Barnsley, yet  those who think Barnsley’s season ticket is better value , may have point . But if Rovers raised its prices to help with the player budget it wouldn’t go down well ,?but it would be justified if things are to get back into a competitive place .

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #310 on July 24, 2021, 05:03:31 pm by Chris Black come back »
I'm not sure the matchday revenue is that critical in Championship even for Barnsley, hence they can offer lower prices.

For example, in the last proper season 19/20, Barnsley received £5.3m in Solidarity Payments from the EPL while we received £1.3m. There is also a basic award for being in the Championship which is I think about another £2.5m. In League One it is about 250k. These figures are not rock solid but you get the picture in general. It’s not a Premier League windfall but get into the Championship and your non-match day income rockets.

Yes wages and players are more expensive, but the matchday income for Barnsley would I suspect be a much smaller proportion of their income overall than for us. That we have such competitive pricing amidst that is a good deal.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 05:06:16 pm by Chris Black come back »

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #311 on July 24, 2021, 05:17:15 pm by Redandwhite »

That's excellent .

ADULTS

SENIORS

YOUNG ADULTS

JUNORS

Barnsley   £70 to £115
Doncaster £35

CHILDREN

Barnsley £10 to £35
Doncaster £35

GENERAL

Serious question .

Like I clearly said, I'm not just talking about myself

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #312 on July 24, 2021, 05:18:45 pm by Redandwhite »
How have fans been milked dry? Each one of us has a choice to either donate or ask for a refund it’s simple really no one has been forced to donate. If you haven’t received an email then I doubt you had a season ticket or one of the 10 game packages because the people who work in the office have been nothing but helpful. I bet you haven’t contacted the club to ask about your missing email, if it bothers you so much give them a ring or are you expecting someone from the VSC to do it even though you slag them off.
Where have I slagged off the vsc ?  Please show me .

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #313 on July 24, 2021, 05:26:38 pm by Redandwhite »
I can assure you I had a season ticket.

As far as milking the fans dry .
I'll ask the question again, how many other industries are patrons asked, nay, expected to donate large sums of money to an organisation they frequent?

I'm not just talking about rovers fans here, I'm talking about football fans in general .

You can give me a round figure if you wish. But I know what the answer is .

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #314 on July 24, 2021, 05:28:01 pm by Redandwhite »

How you work that one out then ?
Again, how have you worked that out ?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #315 on July 24, 2021, 05:32:34 pm by GazLaz »

I'll ask the question again, how many other industries are patrons asked, nay, expected to donate large sums of money to an organisation they frequent?

I'm not just talking about rovers fans here, I'm talking about football fans in general .

If you see DRFC as an “organisation you frequent” you’re not a football fan.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #316 on July 24, 2021, 05:55:06 pm by Redandwhite »

OK, so your missing completely the analogy I have used. Have another read.
If you still don't get it, then you probably lack the intelligence required, which I don't blame you for. I would suggest eating more nutritional food, especially with omega 3, to give your brain a chance .
Maybe read a few books too, start with the easy ones . .

I live and die by the results of drfc. I can trace my families history of supporting the club to before the titanic set sail .
For the past 50 plus years talk of rovers and football in general has been THE  continuing theme of discussion in my house. Never a day goes by without rovers being in my thoughts .

But you think what you want .

« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 06:02:41 pm by Redandwhite »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #317 on July 24, 2021, 05:58:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I've definitely seen better poems before.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #318 on July 24, 2021, 06:03:24 pm by Redandwhite »
I've definitely seen better poems before.

Makes sense, wouldn't think you actually read them.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #319 on July 24, 2021, 06:06:43 pm by NickDRFC »

If you still don't get it, then you probably lack the intelligence required, which I don't blame you for. I would suggest eating more nutritional food, especially with omega 3, to give your brain a chance .

I live and die by the results of drfc. I can trace my families history of supporting the club to before the titanic set sail .
For the past 50 plus years talk of rovers and football in general has been THE  continuing theme of discussion in my house. Never a day goes by without rovers being in my thoughts .

If you’re going to compare Rovers and Debenhams then I can see Gaz’s point.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #320 on July 24, 2021, 07:14:43 pm by roversdude »

That's excellent .

ADULTS

SENIORS

YOUNG ADULTS

JUNORS

Barnsley   £70 to £115
Doncaster £35

CHILDREN

Barnsley £10 to £35
Doncaster £35

GENERAL

Serious question .

Like I clearly said, I'm not just talking about myself

Well I can assure you - you are not talking on my behalf. I’m more than happy with the package put together for season ticket holders. Wonder whose behalf you think you are speaking for ???

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #321 on July 24, 2021, 11:55:00 pm by Pancho Regan »

It’s a shame Debenhams have gone bust, you could have gone there next Saturday with a Debenhams scarf and watched their window for an hour and a half.
Do they have a scarf?

Come on you Debenhams!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #322 on July 25, 2021, 08:14:08 am by DearneValleyRover »

They don’t expect though they only hope and has stated before each fan has a choice to either donate or ask for a refund so your argument is flawed

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #323 on July 25, 2021, 08:16:43 am by DearneValleyRover »

You slagged SM off who is part of the vsc and when posting on topics in respect of issues like this is doing so in that capacity and not from a personal point of view

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #324 on July 25, 2021, 02:13:44 pm by Draytonian III »
I’ve had about 3 emails thanking me for renewing and donating so not sure why he hasn’t unless he’s changed email addressed

Likewise, I also had a written letter thanking me

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #325 on July 25, 2021, 06:21:51 pm by Redandwhite »

If you’re going to compare Rovers and Debenhams then I can see Gaz’s point.
Another one missing the point entirely .
I can't help you .. 

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #326 on July 25, 2021, 06:23:24 pm by Redandwhite »

You slagged SM off who is part of the vsc and when posting on topics in respect of issues like this is doing so in that capacity and not from a personal point of view
I respect fully the vsc .

Sm as an individual, I dislike his attitude.
I feel it does the vsc, and the club a disservice .

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #327 on July 25, 2021, 06:32:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Genuine question, with two weeks to the first game are we close on getting our tickets available?

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #328 on July 25, 2021, 06:41:41 pm by LincolnDonny »
Why all this Bunkum about Bloody Barnsley?

Surely we are Doncaster Rovers supporters and I for one is so thrilled to get back to The keepmoat and Yes i am going to the friendlies and WILL go to the other Cup matches (while LOTS cant be arsed to do that) and i along with Pammy will be cheering on Donny

There are 2 things that you can do .......get tickets be it season tickets / special deal tickets / 1 off tickets....................or not or stay at home or even go to Bloody Barnsley.

END OFF

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #329 on July 25, 2021, 06:43:51 pm by drfchound »
Why all this Bunkum about Bloody Barnsley?

Surely we are Doncaster Rovers supporters and I for one is so thrilled to get back to The keepmoat and Yes i am going to the friendlies and WILL go to the other Cup matches (while LOTS cant be arsed to do that) and i along with Pammy will be cheering on Donny

There are 2 things that you can do .......get tickets be it season tickets / special deal tickets / 1 off tickets....................or not or stay at home or even go to Bloody Barnsley.

END OFF

That might be considered to be three things m’ lud.   :chair: ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012