Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:43:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers - Football Manager  (Read 2737 times)

kieranDRFC

• Forum Member
Doncaster Rovers - Football Manager
« on May 27, 2021, 08:09:41 pm by kieranDRFC »
Hi guys, just a quick one for those that play Football Manager on here (If there is anyone) Ive just been appointed the assistant researcher for the club for the next installment of the game (FM22). Its a unpaid role that basically means everything DRFC related in the game will be down to me. They're already asking for data etc to be collected.

Obviously i know all the main things to change etc. Just wondering if anyone has anything they wanna add e.g. Thoughts on who should be upgraded/downgraded and things like that. Anyone who knows anything about the youth team lads would be appreciated aswell, i know bits and bobs but want to make it as in depth as possible for when people manage the club on the game.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated  :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Doncaster Rovers - Football Manager
« Reply #1 on May 27, 2021, 08:16:50 pm by keith79 »
Get copps to come back as manager. Improve the youth team.

kieranDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 27, 2021, 08:22:03 pm by kieranDRFC »
Get copps to come back as manager. Improve the youth team.

Cheers mate. Unfortunately only so much i can do with the youth team as obviously can't make us have great players coming through constantly as its not like real life. Although certain players from the youth team will be getting a boost. Ravenhill for example

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 28, 2021, 09:54:37 am by chrisd_123 »
I did this for FM2014. I almost accidentally made Kyle Bennett have a potential close to Ronaldo.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 28, 2021, 10:27:28 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Give Tom Anderson 20 pace & 20 acceleration. Make up for the constant brain farts the defenders have on FM when they just stand on the ball rather than playing it.

In all seriousness I have nothing genuine to add. Not played the game in years. Not good for my stress levels.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 28, 2021, 03:38:38 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Bogle to have a rating of 1 for anticipation.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 28, 2021, 04:16:05 pm by DMnumber4 »
Bogle to have a rating of 1 for anticipation.

Generous

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member

kieranDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 03, 2021, 09:14:30 pm by kieranDRFC »
On the youth team, Rigo did a piece which will probably help a fair bit. You can get an idea of their positions and some traits from them.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/league-struggles-cup-success-international-recognition-doncaster-rovers-youth-team-season-review-3254414

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/meet-the-new-kids-on-the-block-at-doncaster-rovers-3256294

Cheers for that Donny! Already spoke to him to get more of an in depth knowledge of them.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 04, 2021, 03:57:05 pm by 5 on Tour »
Kieran for me the biggest issue across FM21 is the hidden “consistency” rating. For some reason the only players with high consistency tend to be the players either massive CA or huge PA. The game seems to lean towards an 18 year old regen having better consistency than say Big Tom. Yet a player with 130 CA and 130PA who is, for example, 30 could have consistency of 5 out of 20. It’s that part of the current game that leads lower league clubs, in all nations, to have half decent players who are worth nothing.

IIRC Halliday(not our problem now) had some half decent stats but was worth £31k because some of the hidden ratings meant he would play well once a season.

kieranDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 06, 2021, 10:10:29 pm by kieranDRFC »
Kieran for me the biggest issue across FM21 is the hidden “consistency” rating. For some reason the only players with high consistency tend to be the players either massive CA or huge PA. The game seems to lean towards an 18 year old regen having better consistency than say Big Tom. Yet a player with 130 CA and 130PA who is, for example, 30 could have consistency of 5 out of 20. It’s that part of the current game that leads lower league clubs, in all nations, to have half decent players who are worth nothing.

IIRC Halliday(not our problem now) had some half decent stats but was worth £31k because some of the hidden ratings meant he would play well once a season.

Cheers for the reply! Yeah i am looking into that, i know there's add ons you can download to see the hidden stats etc. It is crazy how important those stats are aswell, the CA and PA is also something im looking at changing on certain players e.g. Liam Ravenhill. All depends how much i can get away with though as obviously i have to give reasoning behind why i think they are being boosted etc.

jonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 07, 2021, 05:16:07 pm by jonrover »
I'm still messing around with FM19, have a Rovers save where I got promoted from League one first season, avoided relegation in next season in last minute of last game, third season went up to Prem via play offs and stayed up by a point. Alfie May playing left inside forward good for 20 goals a season. Best signing Adam Idah from Norwich for £100k and sold on after 6 months for £10 million. 

Got bored and currently trying to get Dulwich Hamlet up through the leagues, promoted via playoffs into Conference national first season. Just played first game in second and hammered Ebbsfleet 8-0 away. Raided Arsenal for 4 of out of contract kids. All looked mint pre season.

donnybez

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 08, 2021, 08:32:20 am by donnybez »
Well, I'd improve Louis Jones and Brendan Horton's potential in game just a bit given their promising performances.

Otherwise Barry Miller for club legend  :thumbsup:

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 10, 2021, 07:16:46 pm by Red wizard »
Whats the story with the ground. In game rover don't own the stadium and pay rent is this true. I know we lease it. Keiran is my nephew and I know he is looking into changing it so I from anyone on here would be great.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 10, 2021, 07:50:14 pm by Janso »
We don't own the ground in real life so why would we in-game? We signed a 99-year lease a few years back, so yes there'll be rent paid. From memory, was it not a token amount or maybe I've made that up.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 10, 2021, 08:18:53 pm by Chris Black come back »
I think it was £100,000. Council could get more but it was £100,000 more than they were getting when complex was losing money hand over fist.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012