Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:26:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ben Close Confirmed - 3 Year deal  (Read 6405 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Ben Close Confirmed - 3 Year deal
« Reply #60 on June 08, 2021, 09:44:08 am by roversdude »
It’s interesting that we have become used to this, with our unfortunate managerial turnover, short contracts and amount of movement between leagues in the last decade, that every summer looks like a massive rebuild.
Yep seems to have become the norm

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 08, 2021, 09:50:37 am by Jonathan »
When was the last time (if ever) we went into pre-season with the majority of the squad sorted?

The season we got promoted from league 2 under Ferguson.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on June 08, 2021, 10:05:26 am by GazLaz »
Love that everyone is an expert on BC's attributes when none have us have even seen him play yet...  :thumbsup:

Don’t know if you were referring to me or not. The FP have put out an article this morning with RW saying pretty much what I said!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on June 08, 2021, 11:45:54 am by MachoMadness »
Ritchie did comment on having a ‘Brian Stock’ type player at the defensive end of midfield, who can spray the passes out and dictate the play, much like Brian did back in the day. I think Ben is his man, but - I don’t see Bostock being the man to partner him, though!

Close isn’t a similar player to Stock. His best attributes are attacking ones. Maybe RW thinks he convert him to more of a holding player, doubt that’s the plan though, could be wrong.
In the DFP article Richie makes this point. He seems to be saying he has certain attributes that are Stock-like, rather than saying he's going to be the next Brian Stock.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 08, 2021, 11:59:42 am by RoversAlias »
When was the last time (if ever) we went into pre-season with the majority of the squad sorted?

When we were relegated to League Two, Fergie didn't mess about. We got the likes of Rowe, Blair and Marquis signed up and mostly by mid-June we had the squad together aside from loanees. I remember Houghton and Mason joined the day before the Accrington game on the opening day but aside from them it was mostly put together early.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on June 08, 2021, 01:46:54 pm by anton123 »
I can’t read them free press articles on my phone just keeps jumping from ad to ad shocking page

TinyPortal © 2005-2012