Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:07:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers Accounts  (Read 8127 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers Accounts
« Reply #90 on July 04, 2021, 05:27:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
. We were often told that the club doesn’t have any debts ? Well £34m ploughed and still growing without promotion to the Championship isn’t going to alter or repaid soon through the turnstiles!!
The board are stubborn but practical. I’m very disappointed at last seasons finish as I do believe it was a huge opportunity missed and promotion would have gone a long way to helping their cash flow and they must know that they threw it away . Good luck to Wellens but I’ve had my last season !!

£34 million converted into equity ISN'T a debt!!
Exactly, it's share VALUE

Which altogether adds up to exactly the same value as BEFORE they put any more money into the club because each share is worth the value of the club divided by the number of shares!! The club is worth EXACTLY the same no matter how much money is converted into equity, so every time they put that money in they've lost it!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on July 04, 2021, 05:59:24 pm by steve@dcfd »
. We were often told that the club doesn’t have any debts ? Well £34m ploughed and still growing without promotion to the Championship isn’t going to alter or repaid soon through the turnstiles!!
The board are stubborn but practical. I’m very disappointed at last seasons finish as I do believe it was a huge opportunity missed and promotion would have gone a long way to helping their cash flow and they must know that they threw it away . Good luck to Wellens but I’ve had my last season !!

You say they threw it away. I take it by "they", you mean the board? If so, can you explain in detail why you think that?

You see, from where I'm sitting the season was thrown away by crap signings in January by an overrated manager who'd had his head turned, and a load of loan players who didn't give a f*ck about the club.
What we didn’t know is last years budget had been reduced by 23%. Therefore loan players may have the only way to get better players in. Was it that DM could only use the value of Whiteman wages to get in two players that’s why we got Bogle and Bostock(who accepted less than he and his agent wanted).
(

We can't really speculate on the wages of Bogle and Bostock, because none of us know exactly what they're on.

What we do know is that they were both crap, and the board can't be blamed for that.
Bostock actually said in first interview that he had accepted less than he and his agent wanted to get a club. Now we saw what happened when DM left yes both did not pull any trees up. RW in his latest interview with LH says both have been working really well first week of preseason we can only judge them if they are still here and playing. But I don’t believe RW will take any messing from any player.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on July 04, 2021, 07:14:42 pm by silent majority »
This is ridiculous. Somebody on here has moved his position 180 degrees since it was pointed out what a financial misunderstanding he was making. From suggesting that TB was manoeuvring the finances to suit himself it’s now apparent that that’s not happening and no realistic argument will say otherwise.

Let’s not forget the VSC have  approx 120,000 shares in Club Doncaster, bought at a cost of approx £120,000.

Today that investment is worth virtually nothing. So much for redandwhites argument about being in control of share value.

Ah but you'll negotiate them to 10 million quid a share so it's all good.

You’re right, it’s our master plan to get all our money back and make a handsome profit all at the same time!!

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on July 05, 2021, 10:46:53 am by Redandwhite »
This is ridiculous. Somebody on here has moved his position 180 degrees since it was pointed out what a financial misunderstanding he was making. From suggesting that TB was manoeuvring the finances to suit himself it’s now apparent that that’s not happening and no realistic argument will say otherwise.

Let’s not forget the VSC have  approx 120,000 shares in Club Doncaster, bought at a cost of approx £120,000.

Today that investment is worth virtually nothing. So much for redandwhites argument about being in control of share value.

I didn't say they were in control of the share value did I?

As far as the vsc shares being virtually valueless now, that's down to the thousands of more shares that have been issued since the vsc bought them .

I haven't done 180 whatsoever, I suggest you re read my posts

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on July 05, 2021, 11:01:02 am by vaya »

As far as the vsc shares being virtually valueless now, that's down to the thousands of more shares that have been issued since the vsc bought them .

Makes you wonder why someone would create all those valueless shares in order to get their money back. Crazy.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on July 05, 2021, 11:07:24 am by silent majority »

Believe me I have read your posts, and they are as  clueless now as when you wrote this;

Which is what every owner/ benefactor does to make sure they get their money back when the club sells .

I have a suspicion it won't be far off, given the age of TB.

If that’s not a 180 I don’t know what is.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on July 05, 2021, 02:46:50 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Makes you wonder why someone would create all those valueless shares in order to get their money back. Crazy.

Exactly.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on July 05, 2021, 06:00:56 pm by Redandwhite »

Believe me I have read your posts, and they are as  clueless now as when you wrote this;

Which is what every owner/ benefactor does to make sure they get their money back when the club sells .

Your being pedantic to try and win points, arguing over my wording instead of refuting the central point .

My point is.

Tb has shares
The shares have a value
That value is negotiable to any future buyer, and could be more or less than what he paid .

Jesus wept, how can you not understand that ?

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on July 05, 2021, 06:03:17 pm by Redandwhite »

Exactly.

They are not valueless .  :headbang:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on July 05, 2021, 06:07:15 pm by BobG »
Quite. Their value is the same now as it was before they put in 34 million quid. Jesus wept, how can you not understand that ?

BobG

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on July 05, 2021, 06:17:01 pm by vaya »

Exactly.

They are not valueless .  :headbang:

So valueless shares aren't valueless.

Just between you and me, have you previously been mis-sold magic beans? Is this what this is all about - four pages of you externalising a feeling of aching regret?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on July 05, 2021, 06:26:26 pm by DonnyNoel »

Your being pedantic to try and win points, arguing over my wording instead of refuting the central point .

My point is.

Tb has shares
The shares have a value
That value is negotiable to any future buyer, and could be more or less than what he paid .

Jesus wept, how can you not understand that ?

Everyone understands the principle of shares and how they work. In this instance the shares are worth next to nothing, if not nothing. We aren't an up and coming search engine or social media platform. Your original point was total b*llocks:

"Which is what every owner/ benefactor does to make sure they get their money back when the club sells ".

How many football clubs similar to ours sell for profit? Most don't even sell for money never mind a profit.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on July 05, 2021, 07:17:27 pm by since-1969 »

So it was gift aid ?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on July 05, 2021, 09:24:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

So it was gift aid ?

Are you really so clueless about this as to not understand that a company's share capital isn't a debt of that company?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012