Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:10:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trialists  (Read 34603 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Trialists
« Reply #120 on July 23, 2021, 02:28:24 pm by the vicar »
What ever it is we won’t survive if we get a few injured players as we have a couple of times in previous seasons if we don’t get people in. And our own are better than loans

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on July 23, 2021, 02:29:11 pm by Alan Southstand »
You’re right, of course, the new ones are probably on less wages!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on July 23, 2021, 02:41:03 pm by RoversAlias »

Players like Close and Hiwula will not be on less than the players they are replacing. I would expect Rowe to be on the same or more than James, ditto Knoyle with Halliday, Close certainly will earn more than Madger Gomes did and Hiwula will be on more than Jason Lokilo was.

You cannot compare by numbers, the budget has been spent on more established players than those who have gone in some respects and will command good wages and good signing-on fees.

Loans will be similar outlay to last season's as well when all is said and done.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on July 23, 2021, 02:48:53 pm by Jonathan »

Players like Close and Hiwula will not be on less than the players they are replacing. I would expect Rowe to be on the same or more than James, ditto Knoyle with Halliday, Close certainly will earn more than Madger Gomes did and Hiwula will be on more than Jason Lokilo was.

You cannot compare by numbers, the budget has been spent on more established players than those who have gone in some respects and will command good wages and good signing-on fees.

Loans will be similar outlay to last season's as well when all is said and done.

I wouldn’t be so sure. Wellens went on record saying that Rowe had clearly not been financially motivated to come here based on the contract accepted. I’d expect James was one of the higher earners.

In any case it’s all conjecture. One thing for sure is there’s still a significant part of the rebuild yet to complete.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on July 23, 2021, 03:16:03 pm by Campsall rover »
I really do not know what the fuss is about. We have the basis of a decent squad and another 3/4 players of decent quality and we will have a stronger one much stronger than last season.

Another keeper, defensive midfielder and striker being the priority imo.
A left midfielder / front 3 player also and our squad will be very competitive.

Do not forget players like, Jones, Blythe, Horton, Greaves, Hasani and Ravenhill are all a year older and one more year experienced. They are all an integral part of the 1st team squad this season and are there because RW thinks they are good enough.

The negativity on this thread is so unwarranted.
RW has not finished rebuilding the squad and he will do so as and when he gets the players he thinks will be a good fit.

What is the point in numbers for numbers sake. Waste of time and  money and will not get you a team which will compete in the top half of this league especially this season
This is a massively competitive League 1 we will be competing in this season imo.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 10:27:06 pm by Campsall rover »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on July 23, 2021, 04:10:06 pm by the vicar »
I really do not know what the fuss is about. We have the basis of a decent squad and another 3/4 players of decent quality and we will have a stronger one much stronger than last season.

Do not forget players like, Jones, Blythe, Greaves, Hasani and Ravenhill are all a year older and one more year experienced. They are all an integral part of the 1st team squad this season and are there because RW thinks they are good enough.

RW has not finished rebuilding the squad and he will do so as and when he gets the players he thinks will be a good fit.

What is the point in numbers for numbers sake. Waste of time and  money and will not get you a team which will compete in the top half of this league especially this season
This is a massively competitive League 1 we will be competing in this season imo.

yes Campsall we do have the basis of a good side but without the depth it stops there as the basic of a good side. I wonder how many forget two years on the trot we lost that many players we struggled to ease a side

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on July 23, 2021, 04:16:44 pm by Campsall rover »

Do not forget players like, Jones, Blythe, Greaves, Hasani and Ravenhill are all a year older and one more year experienced. They are all an integral part of the 1st team squad this season and are there because RW thinks they are good enough.

yes Campsall we do have the basis of a good side but without the depth it stops there as the basic of a good side. I wonder how many forget two years on the trot we lost that many players we struggled to ease a side
Dave question. Do you think RW knows what he is doing? Do you not think he will bring in 3 more players at least? Do you think the board will not back him?
Right 3 questions.  I know the answer to all 3. 
Why do so many people see so much negativity constantly.   :zzz:

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on July 23, 2021, 04:21:12 pm by NickDRFC »

Think you and I have different ideas of integral. Jones aside, I doubt any of those players make even double figures in terms of league starts, and perhaps not even double figures combined.

If we start the season with this squad of players then I think it would be fair to air concerns but I expect we’ll make more signings so it’s too early to be worrying about it now.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on July 23, 2021, 04:25:14 pm by Campsall rover »

Think you and I have different ideas of integral. Jones aside, I doubt any of those players make even double figures in terms of league starts, and perhaps not even double figures combined.

If we start the season with this squad of players then I think it would be fair to air concerns but I expect we’ll make more signings so it’s too early to be worrying about it now.
Nick all those players will be in a squad of around 22 players. None will be regular starters but they will be used as and when they are needed. So that makes them integral members of the 1st team squad from where i am sat.
Nick you love to have an argument don’t you.  Your opinion is fine but by heck you love to argue.  :)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on July 23, 2021, 04:29:32 pm by the vicar »

Dave question. Do you think RW knows what he is doing? Do you not think he will bring in 3 more players at least? Do you think the board will not back him?
yes of course he does but bring players in is not down to him and he has been told players out before players in and that does not fill our player quota as at the moment if we get any injured we would struggle to fill them places

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on July 23, 2021, 04:32:08 pm by the vicar »

im not usually this negative at the start of a season, and no they won’t back him that is why they are saying players out before players in.  He would love to give the 4 players on trial but he in not allowed, they will go for cheap loans Maybe no where near as good as the 4
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 04:36:06 pm by the vicar »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on July 23, 2021, 04:35:55 pm by Campsall rover »

yes of course he does but bring players in is not down to him and he has been told players out before players in and that does not fill our player quota as at the moment if we get any injured we would struggle to fill them places
Who says players out? He will not get rid of anyone he wants to keep.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on July 23, 2021, 04:36:51 pm by the vicar »
RW IN THE FREE PRESS

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on July 23, 2021, 04:37:38 pm by NickDRFC »

Nick all those players will be in a squad of around 22 players. None will be regular starters but they will be used as and when they are needed. So that makes them integral members of the 1st team squad from where i am sat.
Nick you love to have an argument don’t you.  Your opinion is fine but by heck you love to argue.  :)

How’s it an argument? It’s certainly not personal - I rarely even check the user name when I reply to stuff (although your posts are very easily identifiable).

I agree with most of what you said here but I don’t think a player who is filling a space in the squad and occasionally the bench is “integral”. That’s just not the right meaning of the word. Any footballer could play in training and fill the same role; unless they are having a significant impact on the squad it’s just not integral and I just don’t see any of those that you mentioned (Jones aside) having an impact like that. I’d love to be wrong as it would be great to see some young lads coming through consistently.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on July 23, 2021, 04:44:43 pm by Campsall rover »
Arguing over the word integral.

Any way let’s leave it at that.  :)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on July 23, 2021, 05:00:21 pm by selby »
Ravenhill, Greaves, Blythe, and Hasani have as much chance of being loaned out into men's football in the lower leagues as playing first team football here, and as long as we have the recall situation covered for emergencies this year I think it is the best option for them to get experience and game time.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on July 23, 2021, 05:29:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

im not usually this negative at the start of a season, and no they won’t back him that is why they are saying players out before players in.  He would love to give the 4 players on trial but he in not allowed, they will go for cheap loans Maybe no where near as good as the 4

To say RW doesn't have a choice is poppycock. He will be acutely aware of what's doable and what's not and will have been involved in making those permanent signings on good contracts to get a decent core in place.

If you think he says right Gav, I wanna sign x y z and Gavin says, soz Richie, you've already spent your budget, you're taking things too literally.

As with any good management you have to manage players out as well as in to make sure you're not lumbered with players you don't want or will hardly play.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on July 23, 2021, 05:35:10 pm by the vicar »
Ok so if he has a choice then why can’t he sign the 4 players that he has earmarked out of all the players he got in on trial

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on July 23, 2021, 05:37:38 pm by rich1471 »
I'm sure if the club look at any of the loans and think , His wages over 3 years are 200k but we could sell home 750k I'm sure the money would be found , the boars always back the manager very well

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on July 23, 2021, 05:48:12 pm by the vicar »
They have in the past, or have they as 4 managers on the trot have struggled with budgets and you cans say they haven’t.
And that is not a dig at the board as we would not have a club without them, and they can only afford so much

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on July 23, 2021, 07:16:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
A budget is a budget not an open ended cheque book.

Every manager/ceo struggles with budgets to try and maximise the value they can get. The higher up you go, the stakes are higher so it's all relative.

We go through this same old sh*t every season and folk refuse to listen and learn. Not necessarily you vicar but those who persistently have the knives out ready will take everything literally to insinuate the club don't have a pot to piss in.

It really isn't worth debating. Let's hope actual football takes centre stage very soon.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on July 23, 2021, 10:29:51 pm by MachoMadness »
Aidan Barlow offered a contract according to RW.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on July 23, 2021, 10:34:03 pm by Metalmicky »

Did he play tonight...?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on July 23, 2021, 10:37:37 pm by Campsall rover »
RW would not be here if he thought he wasn’t going to be given a competitive budget.

He will get backed 100%
When i say that they are not going to throw money around of course but the board want a squad that can compete at the top end of the table just the same as RW does and all us supporters.

For crying out loud give Richie the time he needs to assemble his squad.
Quality not quantity is what we need.
We have 5/6 decent back up players who will make up our squad numbers and all  have come through our youth system and we should all be celebrating that shouldn’t we.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on July 23, 2021, 10:39:05 pm by Bessie Red »

Did he play tonight...?
No he was ill.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on July 23, 2021, 11:06:51 pm by RoversAlias »
Barlow being offered a deal suggests there is at least a little wiggle room in the budget, which doesn't surprise me. Wellens talking up having no money left is probably so the club don't look like they can offer big deals to prospective signings, and/or a motivator to fringe players who could be axed.

We are not far off now for squad depth  2-3 more signings will make a big difference be they permanents or loans.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on July 23, 2021, 11:25:10 pm by dickos1 »
If we don’t offer Reed a contract soon he will definitely be snapped up by someone

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on July 23, 2021, 11:38:59 pm by Alan Southstand »
Wiggle room or not, some of the good players on show tonight are, quite simply, not ours and in about 2 weeks time, we can’t play trialist 1,2,3,4 or whatever!

We have to get our proverbial fingers out and make some positive decisions.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on July 24, 2021, 05:59:59 am by Rovers91 »
If Barlow signs and we can offer Reed a deal we wont be far off. Would just need another option for the front three possibly a trialist or loan who can play off the right, goalkeeper and a centre back.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on July 24, 2021, 06:32:07 am by colincramb »
Arguing over the word integral.

Any way let’s leave it at that.  :)

Your a Strange cat campsall. It’s his opinion over the role of fringe players and their part to play in the squad, which will be minimal. Don’t get the argument issue and the passive aggression.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012