Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:03:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trialists  (Read 34783 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Trialists
« Reply #150 on July 24, 2021, 08:05:55 am by dickos1 »
Wellens has said last night that the young lads he doesn’t think are ready so will Be going on loan

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on July 24, 2021, 08:42:06 am by Arsenal Of The North »
He’s also hoping to have the trialists he wants to keep offered deals by Wednesday, I hope to god one of them is Reed!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on July 24, 2021, 08:43:25 am by mushRTID »
He’s also hoping to have the trialists he wants to keep offered deals by Wednesday, I hope to god one of them is Reed!

We really can’t just let Reed walk off to another club. We have to do whatever it takes.

I feel the same with Harrison too, he looks quality.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on July 24, 2021, 08:44:52 am by the vicar »
RW would not be here if he thought he wasn’t going to be given a competitive budget.

He will get backed 100%
When i say that they are not going to throw money around of course but the board want a squad that can compete at the top end of the table just the same as RW does and all us supporters.

For crying out loud give Richie the time he needs to assemble his squad.
Quality not quantity is what we need.
We have 5/6 decent back up players who will make up our squad numbers and all  have come through our youth system and we should all be celebrating that shouldn’t we.

I hope he does mate as we need some quality bodies in as we are low on numbers

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on July 24, 2021, 08:53:25 am by drfchound »

We really can’t just let Reed walk off to another club. We have to do whatever it takes.

I feel the same with Harrison too, he looks quality.

Bang on there Mush.
Players have to look after themselves and if Reed (or anyone else we might want to,keep) gets an offer from another club by Tuesday will they take the risk of declining it and waiting to see if Rovers offer them anything on Wednesday.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on July 24, 2021, 09:16:02 am by roversdude »
Anyone think that just maybe Richie is a wily character and is adept at playing the managerial game. It could all be part of the haggling with agents bit

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on July 24, 2021, 09:41:33 am by ravenrover »
Which was Reid, was it the little lad with fair hair playing the deep lying role or the lad who came on as sub and got crocked and came off?
Have to say I was impressed by Smith but having said that I thought it was a very good performance as a team, we played some lovely football at times.
Quite excited about this season

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on July 24, 2021, 09:44:02 am by Campsall rover »
Arguing over the word integral.

Any way let’s leave it at that.  :)

Your a Strange cat campsall.
It’s his opinion over the role of fringe players and their part to play in the squad, which will be minimal. Don’t get the argument issue and the passive aggression.
Sorry CC but Nick was telling me they are not an integral part of the squad and I think they are. So its the interpretation of integral, but what’s it got do with you.  :zzz: Nothing. It’s sorted thanks.  :)

Anyway some of those players imo will have quite possibly more than a minimal part to play.
Do you think we will not get any injuries this season or possibly suspensions. If we don’t it will be the first time ever.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on July 24, 2021, 09:46:46 am by DonnyOsmond »
Which was Reid, was it the little lad with fair hair playing the deep lying role or the lad who came on as sub and got crocked and came off?
Have to say I was impressed by Smith but having said that I thought it was a very good performance as a team, we played some lovely football at times.

Reed was the former, Colkett is the latter.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on July 24, 2021, 10:15:35 am by Campsall rover »
RW would not be here if he thought he wasn’t going to be given a competitive budget.

He will get backed 100%
When i say that they are not going to throw money around of course but the board want a squad that can compete at the top end of the table just the same as RW does and all us supporters.

We have 5/6 decent back up players who will make up our squad numbers and all  have come through our youth system and we should all be celebrating that shouldn’t we.

Dave we have,
21 contracted players and 2 loans.
Yes that includes
Bottomley, Seamen, Blythe, Horton, Greaves, Ravenhill and Hasani.
3/4 of those will be required if we get a few injuries or suspensions. No question about that.
Greaves and Horton have showed they are able play at League 1 level last season and the others are well capable of doing a job from what I have seen of them. We will at times need to have 3/4 of them on the bench.

So we do need another 2/3 Experienced players. If Ed Williams goes then that free’s up some wages.
Another Keeper may only be brought in if Jones is injured or his form is deemed not good enough to hold down the no1 spot. So doing that will allow more funds for another body also.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on July 24, 2021, 10:43:44 am by the vicar »
We won’t have the young lads as he is sending them out on loan as he said they are not ready ok mate. But, it is probably his way of getting the trialists signed so you can’t blame him for it
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 10:48:13 am by the vicar »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on July 24, 2021, 11:08:01 am by Campsall rover »
We won%u2019t have the young lads as he is sending them out on loan as he said they are not ready ok mate. But, it is probably his way of getting the trialists signed so you can%u2019t blame him for it
All of them? Will be surprised if he does.
We will struggle to fill the bench if he does.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on July 24, 2021, 11:15:44 am by Jonathan »

Reed needs to be signed up.

I like what I’ve seen of Colkett too. Real shame about the injury. He looks to have great technique and excellent delivery.

Some impressive trialists that give lots to think about.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on July 24, 2021, 11:35:42 am by coventryrover »
It is to do with everyone, if they can see the playing side is suffering, all fans that pay to go to games buy a shirt and lottery tickets etc. On comparison between fans and board on wealth, fans put in as much in to the club as anyone else does.
Exactly .
Feel the club have milked the fans dry .
They are even expecting the fans to pay for the tributes to copps .
Ridiculous
  what the f......milk us dry??????

Supporters do just that.    We love the club and spend what we can.   The club aren't milking....that's a lazy bs comment

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on July 24, 2021, 11:43:26 am by DonnyOsmond »
We won’t have the young lads as he is sending them out on loan as he said they are not ready ok mate. But, it is probably his way of getting the trialists signed so you can’t blame him for it

He didn't really specify it'd be all of them. We'd be daft having no cover at full backs so could see players like Seaman or Horton potentially staying.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on July 24, 2021, 11:44:05 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Yes, from Wellens interview you can tell he's playing it smart despite the persistent probing of the media.

He appears to be well on top of things and looks like a man relishing the job in hand.

His reference to Bruce at Newcastle having the same dilemmas like all managers do means this a just part of the job and we should have faith that he and the club know what they are doing.

The interview overall was very encouraging on a number of fronts! Definitely refreshing by comparison to his predecessor!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on July 24, 2021, 01:06:48 pm by steve@dcfd »

He will get backed 100%

Dave we have,
21 contracted players and 2 loans.
Yes that includes
Bottomley, Seamen, Blythe, Horton, Greaves, Ravenhill and Hasani.
3/4 of those will be required if we get a few injuries or suspensions. No question about that.
Greaves and Horton have showed they are able play at League 1 level last season and the others are well capable of doing a job from what I have seen of them. We will at times need to have 3/4 of them on the bench.

So we do need another 2/3 Experienced players. If Ed Williams goes then that free’s up some wages.
Another Keeper may only be brought in if Jones is injured or his form is deemed not good enough to hold down the no1 spot. So doing that will allow more funds for another body also.
I don’t think Richie sees it that way with the young lads I expect he will try get them out on loan he said in an interview that they need football to become stronger for this level. How many I am not sure but watching the Trialist last night they are all better quality than the young lads we have. Seaman Greaves and Horton could be part of the playing squad.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on July 24, 2021, 01:52:45 pm by the vicar »

Reed needs to be signed up.

I like what I’ve seen of Colkett too. Real shame about the injury. He looks to have great technique and excellent delivery.

Some impressive trialists that give lots to think about.
I think they are the best quality trialists I have ever seen come to our club. I did say that with Covid there was always going to be loads of quality players going for free as most clubs can’t afford to keep them with no money coming in for 17 month

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on July 24, 2021, 02:00:11 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Hope Reed signs he's the Stock type player Wellens was after at the start. With him we'd have a very gifted midfield at this level which gives us a chance in most games to be on the front foot.

Gutting if we don't sign him because we've effectively got him match fit for another club (probably in our division). In our favour is that he came through at Sheff Utd and played for Chesterfield so signing for us wouldn't mean him upping sticks at all

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on July 24, 2021, 02:37:51 pm by The Beast »
Hope Reed signs he's the Stock type player Wellens was after at the start. With him we'd have a very gifted midfield at this level which gives us a chance in most games to be on the front foot.

Gutting if we don't sign him because we've effectively got him match fit for another club (probably in our division). In our favour is that he came through at Sheff Utd and played for Chesterfield so signing for us wouldn't mean him upping sticks at all

Excuse my ignorance as I haven’t read the full thread, what is Reed’s first name?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on July 24, 2021, 02:38:45 pm by steve@dcfd »
Louis

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on July 24, 2021, 02:40:48 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Excuse my ignorance as I haven’t read the full thread, what is Reed’s first name?

Louis Reed. Came through Sheff Utd around the same time as Whiteman and was seen as the better prospect from what i remember he got it the team a fair bit where as Whiteman didn't get much of a chance

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on July 24, 2021, 02:41:12 pm by The Beast »
Louis
Thanks, just looking at him, quite impressive CV

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on July 24, 2021, 02:57:02 pm by vaya »
Shiny boots of leather as well.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on July 24, 2021, 03:02:52 pm by bedale rover »
Shiny boots of leather as well.
You have just "transformed" this thread

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on July 24, 2021, 03:27:33 pm by RugbyRover »
Why would Reed be a better fit than Bostock?

Genuine question having never seen Reed play......what does he offer that Bozzie doesn't?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on July 24, 2021, 03:35:58 pm by NickDRFC »
Why would Reed be a better fit than Bostock?

Genuine question having never seen Reed play......what does he offer that Bozzie doesn't?

Effort?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on July 24, 2021, 03:44:39 pm by ravenrover »
Tenacity, tackling defending work rate
Not as technical as Bostock but the warhorse we need

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on July 24, 2021, 03:46:22 pm by jmt23 »
I would like Colkett to sign, he looked very good before being hacked down by Gayle. His distribution of the ball was great, and not the easy side to side stuff either.

He actually reminded me of a fit Martin Woods.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on July 24, 2021, 04:04:50 pm by Chris Black come back »
The three I had down to leave were Butler, Bostock and Bogle.

Bostock despite recent warm words from Wellens still looks shaky, given the types of player that Wellens keeps bringing in to trial. Bogle maybe bit less so now.

The one who has come in quite a bit is Cam John. We are short on centre backs but it’s clear that Williams and Anderson are the pair Wellens wants. Rowe now seems nailed on as the left back / wing back and is clearly top quality. If you were Cam John you might be thinking do I want to be sat on bench all season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012