Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:16:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trialists  (Read 34984 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Trialists
« Reply #90 on July 22, 2021, 12:49:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Wellens seems quite high on both Bogle and Bostock so can't see them moving. Bostock in particular.

In fairness he's not going to say they are shit if he wants to move them on. 

Bostock isn't shit.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on July 22, 2021, 01:51:23 pm by vaya »
I suspect Williams and or Cam John out and some youngsters out on loan will probably cover it

Cam John is just a hunch though

Bogle & Bostock for me

(another firm of solicitors ?)

Agricultural Merchants.

The business was started by old Mr Bostock's grandfather.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on July 22, 2021, 02:18:44 pm by RugbyRover »
I suspect Williams and or Cam John out and some youngsters out on loan will probably cover it

Cam John is just a hunch though

Bogle & Bostock for me

(another firm of solicitors ?)

Agricultural Merchants.

The business was started by old Mr Bostock's grandfather.

and Bogle is very much a sleeping partner, letting everyone else doing the running about as he concentrates on a music career.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on July 23, 2021, 12:03:37 am by Bailey Vickerage »
Those 4 would give us much-needed depth to the squad, but it really depends how many we have to ship out?
I would’ve thought it would only be 1 of either Harrison and Barlow and then 1 of Colkett or Reed. Can’t see us signing all 4.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on July 23, 2021, 02:13:34 am by godlike1 »
Those 4 would give us much-needed depth to the squad, but it really depends how many we have to ship out?
I would’ve thought it would only be 1 of either Harrison and Barlow and then 1 of Colkett or Reed. Can’t see us signing all 4.

Maybe not but can someone tell me what's happened to this increased budget?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on July 23, 2021, 08:18:03 am by the vicar »
We don’t have enough players as it is, we are very very thin on the playing side.  I can’t see us getting through the whole season with the amount of squad we have

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on July 23, 2021, 08:49:24 am by sha66y »
When did the playing budget and squad size have anything to do with football fans?

Recruitment budgets are an agreement between a Manager and his boss,

we are fans and don’t need to sit up all night worrying about that extra 5% that can’t be accounted for…..

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on July 23, 2021, 09:09:36 am by Metalmicky »
I tend to agree with sha66y here....which doesn't happen often.. :blink: 

I think we need to trust the manager and relax a little. Continually stressing about who is coming in/ going out and worrying about the number of players we have isn't going to influence the decisions made .......... I'd suggest we just chill.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on July 23, 2021, 09:13:11 am by the vicar »
It is to do with everyone, if they can see the playing side is suffering, all fans that pay to go to games buy a shirt and lottery tickets etc. On comparison between fans and board on wealth, fans put in as much in to the club as anyone else does. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 09:18:04 am by the vicar »

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on July 23, 2021, 09:17:26 am by i_ateallthepies »
I'm with sha66y and Metalmicky on this.  We get what we get and the supporters grumbling about it will do nothing to change it.  We have to trust those in control to be doing their best with the resources available.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on July 23, 2021, 09:24:17 am by the vicar »
It’s ok saying that but we need more players, as we are cutting the squad size. They are expecting players to do more with no breaks because of fewer players.  Then they wonder why players are collapsing on the pitch, we have had 2 in recent years doing that, and there will be more with the work load put on the lads

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on July 23, 2021, 09:43:19 am by Metalmicky »
It’s ok saying that but we need more players, as we are cutting the squad size. They are expecting players to do more with no breaks because of fewer players.  Then they wonder why players are collapsing on the pitch, we have had 2 in recent years doing that, and there will be more with the work load put on the lads

a)  More players will arrive.... as Wellens has indicated he is having to wait for progress on some due to Premiership/Championship teams delaying releasing and we are trying to sort other deals - perhaps depending on players going out.  I'd sooner he took his time and got the players he wanted, than just bulk out the team with more bodies - better to wait and have quality over quantity.

b)  The players that collapsed on the pitch did so because they had a congenital heart condition.......... not because they were knackered..!!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on July 23, 2021, 10:41:15 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
What's been said above is right. Let the management get on with it. Only they will know how well the budget is being utilised. We are not in a position to judge that without scrutinising every players contract.

Only RW and GB will be at the front line of controlling that.

I'm sure they are well aware of the strength or weakness of the squad right now and will know what's doable now or in the next transfer window etc, which is likely to take into account revenue from sales etc and success on the pitch. As it should be.

Given the rebuild required on top of the ongoing covid situation, I would suggest we are in a good position right now.

I don't give a monkeys about other clubs, whether they're spending money they haven't got or otherwise.

All we, as every fan across the land can do, is judge on what we see on the pitch from the first fixture onwards. To judge anything prior to that is foolhardy.

It's quite a reset for us and one that some might find concerning but others find exciting.

The best way of supporting your club is to buy those tickets and let RW and the team entertain you!

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on July 23, 2021, 10:42:51 am by Redandwhite »
It is to do with everyone, if they can see the playing side is suffering, all fans that pay to go to games buy a shirt and lottery tickets etc. On comparison between fans and board on wealth, fans put in as much in to the club as anyone else does.
Exactly .
Feel the club have milked the fans dry .
They are even expecting the fans to pay for the tributes to copps .
Ridiculous

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on July 23, 2021, 10:45:28 am by DonnyOsmond »
Exactly .
Ridiculous

And you'd sooner have the club go bust.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on July 23, 2021, 10:47:18 am by vaya »
Exactly .
Ridiculous

Same old material. At least put some effort in.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on July 23, 2021, 10:51:37 am by Metalmicky »
Exactly .
Ridiculous

Have to agree - the quality of the trolling is going downhill on here...

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on July 23, 2021, 10:55:07 am by vaya »
Exactly .
Ridiculous

It's no Watford Anne, that's for sure.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on July 23, 2021, 11:36:02 am by Filo »
Exactly .
Ridiculous

It's no Watford Anne, that's for sure.

Those were the days

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on July 23, 2021, 11:59:41 am by sha66y »

No Vicar it really isn’t!
Seeing were the money is spent has no indication of how successful we may be this year…what you and other kindred spirits should be doing is marvelling at the way Richie has gone about rebuilding a team from last seasons train wreck…..and one that should in his and the boards view be good enough to kick start whatever plan they have in mind …..

We should in my opinion only comment on the final product….not the unfinished article…

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on July 23, 2021, 12:12:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Plenty jumped to the wrong conclusions during the first few games of SO'Ds tenure.

As for Redandwhite, the fans are the club. That's the whole f*cking point!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on July 23, 2021, 12:13:19 pm by the vicar »
Exactly .
Ridiculous

I have not said that, what I said is we are down to the bare bones as fare as players go.  We was short staffed last season and we have got lost almost a full team since

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on July 23, 2021, 12:16:12 pm by the vicar »

Seeing were the money is spent has no indication of how successful we may be this year…what you and other kindred spirits should be doing is marvelling at the way Richie has gone about rebuilding a team from last seasons train wreck…..and one that should in his and the boards view be good enough to kick start whatever plan they have in mind …..

We should in my opinion only comment on the final product….not the unfinished article…
but if they won’t let him build anymore then this is the final card

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on July 23, 2021, 12:31:47 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Exactly .
Ridiculous

I have not said that, what I said is we are down to the bare bones as fare as players go.  We was short staffed last season and we have got lost almost a full team since

I meant Redandwhite not you mate.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on July 23, 2021, 12:59:29 pm by Retdon1 »

That has nothing to do with players collapsing on the pitch. They have pre existing heart conditions.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on July 23, 2021, 01:15:02 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Where has it been stated that RW can’t build the squad anymore? We are hearing the same pre-season comments about the budget from our last 4 managers yet all managed to put a squad together and I’m sure RW will too.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on July 23, 2021, 02:07:01 pm by the vicar »
Exactly .
Ridiculous

I meant Redandwhite not you mate.
ok mate sorry

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on July 23, 2021, 02:09:23 pm by the vicar »

Where has it been stated that RW can’t build the squad anymore? We are hearing the same pre-season comments about the budget from our last 4 managers yet all managed to put a squad together and I’m sure RW will too.
have they said or not players out before players in

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on July 23, 2021, 02:13:50 pm by Alan Southstand »
They have!

We’ve already got rid of more than what we’ve brought in.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on July 23, 2021, 02:19:45 pm by DonnyOsmond »
They have!

We’ve already got rid of more than what we’ve brought in.

The players who left won't be on like for like what the players coming in are on. So you can't go on numbers out.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012