Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:24:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trialists  (Read 34590 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Trialists
« Reply #240 on July 27, 2021, 02:55:35 pm by steve@dcfd »
Richie said they’ve offered Barlow a contract and would like to sign one more so I’m saying no more that Richie would like. I’m not asking for a big squad just comparing it to last year.
I’m not going to blame any body by the way but as I’ve said before if it doesn’t work out then there will be plenty want to hand Richie out to dry.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #241 on July 27, 2021, 03:14:17 pm by sha66y »
Richie said they’ve offered Barlow a contract and would like to sign one more so I’m saying no more that Richie would like. I’m not asking for a big squad just comparing it to last year.
I’m not going to blame any body by the way but as I’ve said before if it doesn’t work out then there will be plenty want to hand Richie out to dry.

Now there’s the crux….
We kind of know what to expect, so there really isn’t anything concrete that’s going to work out!
Most expect a lot of losses, a few draws and some memorable wins….
Most expect the team to commit to every game 100% …
Most will accept defeat and look for the plus points…
Most will remain as positive as possible whilst dissecting reasons for failure

and some will blame the owners, the manager, the lack of depth, the amount of young players and the weather….

I guess it’s about choosing what kind of supporter you want to be this year?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #242 on July 27, 2021, 03:46:15 pm by Campsall rover »
Could we take a risk with the keeper and use the money to get one of the outfield trialists in (Reed/Harrison)?

I know it%u2019s not ideal having no one to push Jones but for injuries we can get emergency loans. Will depend on how much Jones is trusted I guess
Shouldn%u2019t be taking any risks. We had to sign a right back, left back, midfield player, centre half, left midfield and we need another midfield player and right side midfield. We also in the same priority need a GK. Last year supporters complained about too many loans so you have to get permanent players. Money should be available to make that happen to start getting our identity back. At the moment we have 14 permanent players over the age of 21 that includes Williams and the three that are injured or not available. We have 2 loans and 6 players under 21 non of them are good enough for league one even the ones that inept Butler gave a chance to last year. We are in a building stage it%u2019s said let%u2019s build with the right level of players.

"Last year supporters complained about too many loans so you have to get permanent players." Seriously? You honestly believe that the club are responding to complaints more than responding to keeping the club going in the wake of a global pandemic?
We have no more permanent players over 21  than we had last year,  2 more permanent players will not put the club out of business.
Get your cheque book out steve@dcfd.
Easy spending other peoples money isnt it? 

Maybe RW is happy with a smaller squad as Sha66y has said. 

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #243 on July 27, 2021, 04:43:23 pm by steve@dcfd »
Could we take a risk with the keeper and use the money to get one of the outfield trialists in (Reed/Harrison)?

I know it%u2019s not ideal having no one to push Jones but for injuries we can get emergency loans. Will depend on how much Jones is trusted I guess
Shouldn%u2019t be taking any risks. We had to sign a right back, left back, midfield player, centre half, left midfield and we need another midfield player and right side midfield. We also in the same priority need a GK. Last year supporters complained about too many loans so you have to get permanent players. Money should be available to make that happen to start getting our identity back. At the moment we have 14 permanent players over the age of 21 that includes Williams and the three that are injured or not available. We have 2 loans and 6 players under 21 non of them are good enough for league one even the ones that inept Butler gave a chance to last year. We are in a building stage it%u2019s said let%u2019s build with the right level of players.

"Last year supporters complained about too many loans so you have to get permanent players." Seriously? You honestly believe that the club are responding to complaints more than responding to keeping the club going in the wake of a global pandemic?
We have no more permanent players over 21  than we had last year,  2 more permanent players will not put the club out of business.
Get your cheque book out steve@dcfd.
Easy spending other peoples money isnt it? 

Maybe RW is happy with a smaller squad as Sha66y has said. 
We’ve offered one of them a contract and he said he would like to sign of the other of the Trialists Campsall
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 04:46:49 pm by steve@dcfd »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #244 on July 27, 2021, 05:04:40 pm by Chris Black come back »
Interesting that it’s now several days since Wellens said we had offered the deal, but it’s not clear yet whether it has been signed. Given the lad was on trial, you would have thought he would have leapt on this.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #245 on July 27, 2021, 05:19:46 pm by steve@dcfd »
One will hope it could be announced tomorrow but we should see at the match tomorrow if any of the Trialist are still here as Richie said he would let them know if any could be offered a contract by Wednesday. Don’t know if that will before or after the game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #246 on July 27, 2021, 05:31:19 pm by drfchound »
Interesting that it’s now several days since Wellens said we had offered the deal, but it’s not clear yet whether it has been signed. Given the lad was on trial, you would have thought he would have leapt on this.

I suppose it depends on whether the offered deal is attractive enough for him to leap in and accept it.
If he has done enough to impress us he has probably impressed other clubs too.
Perhaps he has other deals to consider and might be talking to those other clubs and weighing things up.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #247 on July 27, 2021, 05:35:03 pm by steve@dcfd »
If that was the case then I would think Richie will remove our offer and try and look at another Trialist

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #248 on July 27, 2021, 06:14:58 pm by Alan Southstand »
NEXT ?

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #249 on July 27, 2021, 06:26:38 pm by Rovers91 »
We never normally announce signings at start of a week anyway.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #250 on July 27, 2021, 06:32:17 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Seems some of you have already made your mind up! 

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #251 on July 27, 2021, 08:10:55 pm by Retdon1 »
Dan Crowley who plays for us the other night is playing on trial for Cheltenham tonight

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #252 on July 27, 2021, 08:22:06 pm by Danmckay456 »
Barlow and Reed will sign

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #253 on July 27, 2021, 08:24:20 pm by Chris Black come back »
Hoden now saying that “players” plural available for permanent transfer.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #254 on July 27, 2021, 08:25:42 pm by GazLaz »
Hoden now saying that “players” plural available for permanent transfer.

i think that if Wellens could terminate the contracts of Bogle, Bostock and Williams to free up funds to spend himself, he would.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #255 on July 27, 2021, 08:37:37 pm by Chris Black come back »
Agree with that. Said for ages Butler, Bogle and Bostock the three to leave. Williams now obviously on that list.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #256 on July 27, 2021, 08:57:13 pm by steve@dcfd »
Dan Crowley who plays for us the other night is playing on trial for Cheltenham tonight
Well that’s t we won’t be able to compete with Cheltenham on wages.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #257 on July 27, 2021, 10:20:11 pm by dickos1 »
Or maybe wellens doesn’t think we need him

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #258 on July 27, 2021, 10:38:56 pm by Alan Southstand »
What Hoden said:

Rovers will listen to offers for certain senior players but have so far not received any concrete expressions of interest.

We know Ed Williams is one and that’s all we know! If ‘certain’ players don’t want to be here, then the best thing is, for everyone, they leave - pronto. The last thing we need is a repeat of what we had in the second half of last season, with factions in the squad and a lot of arguing and falling out. With, what looks like being, a very small squad, we need everyone on the same page.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #259 on July 27, 2021, 10:45:13 pm by Campsall rover »
Crikey any more negativity. Isn’t it obvious RW has told him he will not be offering him a contract.

Talk about doom and gloom.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #260 on July 27, 2021, 10:54:55 pm by drfchound »
Crikey any more negativity. Isn’t it obvious RW has told him he will not be offering him a contract.

I dont think it is obvious Camps.
Cheltenham might have indicated they are interested in him with a better deal if his trial goes well.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #261 on July 27, 2021, 10:59:28 pm by Jonathan »

I dont think it is obvious Camps.
Cheltenham might have indicated they are interested in him with a better deal if his trial goes well.

Exactly. If they can pay him with something more than washers then they can blow us out of the water!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #262 on July 27, 2021, 10:59:43 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Apparently he has a major attitude problem maybe that’s the reason why

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #263 on July 28, 2021, 12:21:14 am by Bailey Vickerage »
Liam Hoden has said in one of his latest stories that “Rovers will listen to offers for certain senior players but have so far not received any concrete expressions of interest.”

If this is true about there being multiple players then it will be interesting to see who the players are. Obviously Ed Williams will be one but not sure who the other will be, Bostock is the obvious one but I’ll wait to see if he’s involved tomorrow before I believe anything about him going because I think he can be a vital player for us this season. If he is one of the players tho it would make sense and free up a lot of wages because I can imagine he is one of the highest paid players at the club.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #264 on July 28, 2021, 01:18:11 am by RoversAlias »
You’re right, of course, the new ones are probably on less wages!

Players like Close and Hiwula will not be on less than the players they are replacing. I would expect Rowe to be on the same or more than James, ditto Knoyle with Halliday, Close certainly will earn more than Madger Gomes did and Hiwula will be on more than Jason Lokilo was.

You cannot compare by numbers, the budget has been spent on more established players than those who have gone in some respects and will command good wages and good signing-on fees.

Loans will be similar outlay to last season's as well when all is said and done.

Liam Hoden has backed this up in reply to someone Twitter asking about budget:

"Trust me, the wages the new contracted players are on outweigh those of the ones that have left."

Wellens has used his budget to sign players he feels are a higher ability, and we've had to pay to get them. He's now doing the balancing act to try and ensure the right level of squad depth. It was clear that the majority of our permanent signings this summer were going to be on equal or better wages to those they were replacing and it seems that is indeed the case.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #265 on July 28, 2021, 01:49:06 am by Bailey Vickerage »
I really like how wellens has brough in better quality of permanent players even if it has meant they are on more money and it is quality over quantity. This is the start of the rebuild and he has his back 4 sorted now for this season and 3 of the 4 are under contract for next season so hopefully by this time next season we will be in a great position to bring in more quality players under long contracts and push for promotion then.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #266 on July 28, 2021, 06:51:03 am by godlike1 »
You lot must be a nightmare to go to 4he pub with and talk rovers. All you do is argue, don't listen to each others view and think you all know best. I thought a forum was about friendly debate? I just see alot of anger on here all the time

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #267 on July 28, 2021, 07:50:36 am by Pancho Regan »
Barlow having a medical at Rovers today prior to signing.

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #268 on July 28, 2021, 08:16:06 am by andy didcott »
How do you know that Pancho?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #269 on July 28, 2021, 08:29:17 am by DonnyOsmond »
How do you know that Pancho?

DFP website.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012