Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:56:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Weston Super Mare  (Read 2650 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Weston Super Mare
« on July 14, 2021, 12:41:22 pm by Campsall rover »
If anyone thinks that postponement was a bad joke you should have gone to Headingley this morning.

People had travelled from all over the County. I spoke ones from, Scarborough, York, Hull, and Barnsley areas and the Umpires very kindly decided no play was possible on a hot sunny day at 10am after nearly all those long distance travellers had set off,
( including myself 29 miles each way ) or even already arrived at the ground by the time the decision was taken.

Yes not quite the 220miles each way to WSM but what a joke.
Talk about Cricket shooting itself in the foot.

Several thousand members donated their fees back to the club last season and this is how we are treated.
One of many very disgruntled YCCC members right now.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 12:45:54 pm by Campsall rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Wseton Super Mare
« Reply #1 on July 14, 2021, 12:43:21 pm by Draytonian III »
Wasn’t the outfield dangerous

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Wseton Super Mare
« Reply #2 on July 14, 2021, 12:51:32 pm by Campsall rover »
Wasn’t the outfield dangerous
That’s what they said. The Square not outfield.

Why was it ok at 12 yesterday and they played without incident until a freak fielding accident on the boundary which had nothing whatsoever to do with conditions.

So all of a sudden at 2-20pm the SQUARE IS UNFIT
We wait until 4-40 and the Umpires without inspecting the pitch since 3-10 decide to call it off for the day.

You couldn’t right the script to be honest.  :facepalm: :headbang: :crying:

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Weston Super Mare
« Reply #3 on July 14, 2021, 01:05:40 pm by Draytonian III »
On the BBC newsfeed it says the outfield

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 14, 2021, 01:12:15 pm by NickDRFC »
I read it was various parts of the outfield. And could you imagine if Jimmy Anderson got injured? Player welfare has to come above inconveniencing a few fans.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 14, 2021, 01:26:34 pm by Metalmicky »
You couldn’t right the script to be honest.  :facepalm: :headbang: :crying:

TBF, you couldn't write it either....

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 14, 2021, 01:33:30 pm by Campsall rover »
I read it was various parts of the outfield. And could you imagine if Jimmy Anderson got injured? Player welfare has to come above inconveniencing a few fans.

Right ok.
Yes must not let Jimmy Anderson get injured. Probably hit nail on head. The England players are hardly allowed to play for their counties reserve days. They are wrapped up in cotton wool.

Can you imagine Kane, Sterling, McQuire etc etc not being allowed to play for their Premier League Clubs.

There is nothing wrong with the pitch outfield or anything else.
If it rains all day Friday I promise you the 20-20 match v Pakistan will go ahead on Sunday afternoon.
18.000 sell out. Will they want to give ave £50 refunds to all those people.

It’s all about money just the same as Football & it stinks.

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 14, 2021, 01:45:33 pm by RoversDave »
By the way, let's hope the young Yorkshire lad who was injured hasn't crippled himself.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 14, 2021, 02:05:03 pm by Campsall rover »
By the way, let's hope the young Yorkshire lad who was injured hasn't crippled himself.
Dislocated his knee.
He made contact with some concrete blocks in front of the advertising boards.

Hope the lad is ok. He does look a good fast bowling prospect. Only 20yrs old.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 14, 2021, 03:48:29 pm by DMnumber4 »
Don't forget that this game had long being penned in at Scarborough before a fairly late change to "HQ"

Hope you're not at the Derbyshire game on Sunday either as that's off too! (Covid)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 14, 2021, 04:44:05 pm by selby »
  Are the groundsmen from Charlton?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 14, 2021, 04:59:31 pm by Campsall rover »
The Umpires are from Sussex and Kent.

Do not get any wet weather there. Cannot possibly play if it rained two days earlier!!!

Brian the supporters were treated with total contempt. Nothing on the website this morning saying no play today and still nothing even now. Apparently there was an inspection at 9.00am but game not called off until 10.00am
I arrived at 10-20 along with hundreds of others who had no idea it was off.

People had travelled from all over the county and Lancashire.

Does any one care about the paying supporters at all. It is not acceptable.
They had no intention of playing. End of.

If that playing surface was unsafe then there would be almost no cricket played in this country at all.
It was safe at midday yesterday. The hot sun has made it wetter.
It will be like a biblical Noah Ark by tomorrow eve with all this sun and breeze.
Give me strength. You could not make it up Brian.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 05:12:47 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 14, 2021, 05:05:11 pm by Campsall rover »
Don't forget that this game had long being penned in at Scarborough before a fairly late change to "HQ"

Hope you're not at the Derbyshire game on Sunday either as that's off too! (Covid)
Game was changed from Chesterfield to Derby because of Covid, so got a refund a couple of weeks ago.
Now it is off for players having Covid.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 05:14:41 pm by Campsall rover »

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 16, 2021, 03:52:07 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »

Can you imagine Kane, Sterling, McQuire etc etc not being allowed to play for their Premier League Clubs.

If England paid those players (Central Contracts) I would fully expect them to not be available if England decided for them not to play.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 16, 2021, 04:55:28 pm by DMnumber4 »

If England paid those players (Central Contracts) I would fully expect them to not be available if England decided for them not to play.

Moot point really. Jimmy Anderson WAS playing...

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 16, 2021, 05:04:58 pm by Campsall rover »
Batsmen and bowlers need to be out in the middle playing not twiddling their thumbs.

They used to play 32 three day championship matches once upon a time and 5/6 Test matches in between. Ok so they missed 5/6 games because they coincided with the Tests.

They are so molly coddled now it is a joke really. Yes they get more injuries now with all the sports science available than they ever did 30/40/50 years ago

Ask if Fred Truman and Brian Close what they think about it. Well no you cannot, but I know what they would say and it would have to be said well beyond the 9-00 pm watershed.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 16, 2021, 07:38:34 pm by NickDRFC »
Batsmen and bowlers need to be out in the middle playing not twiddling their thumbs.

They used to play 32 three day championship matches once upon a time and 5/6 Test matches in between. Ok so they missed 5/6 games because they coincided with the Tests.

They are so molly coddled now it is a joke really. Yes they get more injuries now with all the sports science available than they ever did 30/40/50 years ago

Ask if Fred Truman and Brian Close what they think about it. Well no you cannot, but I know what they would say and it would have to be said well beyond the 9-00 pm watershed.

Ever thought about applying for a job in sports science at the ECB? You seem to have it all worked out so I’m sure they’d benefit from your expertise. ;)

Jimmy turns 39 in a week or two and is still our best bowler. Have you ever considered that the “molly coddling” might have a part to play in that?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 16, 2021, 08:14:51 pm by Campsall rover »

Ever thought about applying for a job in sports science at the ECB? You seem to have it all worked out so I%u2019m sure they%u2019d benefit from your expertise. ;)

Jimmy turns 39 in a week or two and is still our best bowler. Have you ever considered that the %u201Cmolly coddling%u201D might have a part to play in that?
Ok Nick you seem to have it all worked out.  Ask Jimmy Anderson if he would have liked to have had a bowl at the Yorkshire lads. Think I know what the answer is.
By the way Fred Trueman did not retire until he was 38. No sports science for him.

Yes or no Nick. Did Footballers and Cricketers get as many injuries 30/40/50 + years ago as they do now.
They played 2 to 3 or even 4 times as many 3 or 4 day cricket matches as they do now.

Just a yes or no will do.

Ask Many of the players who have played over the last 25 years whether the present England players should be playing more county cricket or not.
Ask Vaughan, Atherton, Hussain, Cook what they think. All former England captains from the last 25 years.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 08:19:03 pm by Campsall rover »

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 16, 2021, 08:35:44 pm by NickDRFC »

Ever thought about applying for a job in sports science at the ECB? You seem to have it all worked out so I%u2019m sure they%u2019d benefit from your expertise. ;)

Jimmy turns 39 in a week or two and is still our best bowler. Have you ever considered that the %u201Cmolly coddling%u201D might have a part to play in that?
Ok Nick you seem to have it all worked out.  Ask Jimmy Anderson if he would have liked to have had a bowl at the Yorkshire lads. Think I know what the answer is.
By the way Fred Trueman did not retire until he was 38. No sports science for him.

Yes or no Nick. Did Footballers and Cricketers get as many injuries 30/40/50 + years ago as they do now.
They played 2 to 3 or even 4 times as many 3 or 4 day cricket matches as they do now.

Just a yes or no will do.

Ask Many of the players who have played over the last 25 years whether the present England players should be playing more county cricket or not.
Ask Vaughan, Atherton, Hussain, Cook what they think. All former England captains from the last 25 years.

Course he would have liked a bowl. He was in the side and primed for it. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong to condition his time otherwise though does it? The game moves on. There is an increasing reliance on physical fitness that just wasn’t there 20 years ago, let alone however many years ago Trueman played.

I’ve not seen anything from Cook, Atherton or Hussain suggesting that Anderson should be racking up the overs for Lancashire. If you’ve read something and can steer me in that direction I’d be very interested in seeing it. Couldn’t care less what rentagob Vaughan says. You might have a point with the batsmen but you just have to manage the game time of bowlers in the modern game.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 16, 2021, 08:48:26 pm by Campsall rover »
Rent a gob Vaughan as you put it was England best captain since Mike Brearley and Ray Illingworth before him.

Those players have said frequently on Sky TV that England players do not get enough game time with their counties.
Yes I agree the batsmen probably need it more than the bowlers and yes Jimmy Anderson at his age does need managing I agree.
Was not just referring to Anderson.

You did not answer my question on injuries. Is it yes or no? Or are you a politician and going to avoid a very legitimate question I asked?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 16, 2021, 08:55:02 pm by NickDRFC »
I’ve no idea, I’m 35. Perhaps they get more injuries due to the increased intensity of the game, which is exactly why the management of their game time is so important.

Vaughan was a fantastic captain and a wonderful batsman to boot, but he’s a t**t with a microphone in front of him. He probably believes only about half the stuff he comes out with, the other half is for a sound bite or to stir up debate.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 16, 2021, 09:08:37 pm by scawsby steve »
I’ve no idea, I’m 35. Perhaps they get more injuries due to the increased intensity of the game, which is exactly why the management of their game time is so important.

Vaughan was a fantastic captain and a wonderful batsman to boot, but he’s a t**t with a microphone in front of him. He probably believes only about half the stuff he comes out with, the other half is for a sound bite or to stir up debate.

35, Nick? Just 2 years younger than me.

Wait for it......

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 18, 2021, 09:55:40 am by Janso »

35, Nick? Just 2 years younger than me.

Wait for it......
Years? was the Roman word for years the same as centuries growing up in old Danum?  :coat:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012