Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:29:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is Another lockdown coming ?  (Read 6301 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Is Another lockdown coming ?
« Reply #60 on July 17, 2021, 12:10:53 pm by dickos1 »
But the link is because there are still millions of people not vaccinated.
Once more people are vaccinated the link will diminish to one similar to other similar virus’s.
I just don’t understand why your not getting it!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on July 17, 2021, 12:25:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I agree. Which is why I profoundly disagree with the unlocking next week.

What we SHOULD be doing is going balls out to get as many jabs in as many arms as possible.

Instead, the rate of vaccination has slowed dramatically in the last month.

So here's where we are. We WILL get herd Immunity over the next few months. But that will be achieved through several million people actually copping a dose as this wave engulfs us. And many of those are going to end up in serious trouble in hospitals, which are going to be stressed again.

And we are in this position because we totally lost control of the Delta variant, so we, pretty much alone in the developed world, are being overwhelmed by a third wave before we can get to herd Immunity levels of vaccination. And we are calling that a success.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on July 17, 2021, 12:51:41 pm by River Don »
I'm beginning to think the objective is to allow the wild virus to run free through the younger population to quickly gain herd immunity.

What's happening now is in my view quite sinister.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on July 17, 2021, 12:53:18 pm by dickos1 »
Countries all over the world are getting high volumes of new cases.
Look at France now, Australia, South Korea, parts of USA, Japan.
Don’t pretend we’re the only ones.

What you say WILL happen isn’t a fact, let’s come back in September and see what actually happened and if what you stated as fact really did happen

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on July 17, 2021, 12:57:09 pm by SydneyRover »
I suppose you could look at what has already happened and see how well the government handled the virus dickos.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on July 17, 2021, 01:00:05 pm by River Don »
Dickos you're admitting they are taking another gamble here.

So far they've been really poor gamblers.

And when they lose, it's not just the health consequences, the economic consequences are exasperated. Its a lose, lose.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on July 17, 2021, 01:02:17 pm by drfchound »

And when they lose, it's not just the health consequences, the economic consequences are exasperated. Its a lose, lose.

But wouldnt the economic consequences be just as bad if we continue with restrictions RD.
As you say, either way it’s a lose lose situation.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on July 17, 2021, 01:07:45 pm by River Don »

But wouldnt the economic consequences be just as bad if we continue with restrictions RD.
As you say, either way it’s a lose lose situation.

This time no, I don't think the economic consequences would be as bad because this time their is the possibility of an exit strategy. Get 85%+ of the population properly immunised, this target is in view.

Then I would suggest continuing with masks and distancing indoors to surpress the virus still infecting the immunised, until immunisation levels across the globe improve.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 17, 2021, 01:20:27 pm by bpoolrover »
We will never get 85 percent of the population immunised, the take up has slowed right down now and there is no reason to think it will go up much more I wouldn't think, what happens then, do we never open?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on July 17, 2021, 01:25:42 pm by River Don »
So far, more than 46 million people have had a first vaccine dose - almost 90% of the adult population.

It's just a matter of getting the second doses done and then the over 12s.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on July 17, 2021, 01:50:24 pm by dickos1 »
I suppose you could look at what has already happened and see how well the government handled the virus dickos.

I’m not arguing that the government have done a great job, I’ve no interest in party politics.
I’d be saying the same things whoever was in charge.
Some people though want to bring party politics into every subject, the virus should have nothing to do with party politics.
Even the Labour leader states this

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on July 17, 2021, 02:11:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm beginning to think the objective is to allow the wild virus to run free through the younger population to quickly gain herd immunity.

What's happening now is in my view quite sinister.
Of course that is the policy RD. Has been for a month.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on July 17, 2021, 02:14:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I’m not arguing that the government have done a great job, I’ve no interest in party politics.
Some people though want to bring party politics into every subject, the virus should have nothing to do with party politics.

Ask yourself this.

Why did Sajid Javid last week say that the vaccination program had reduced the number of infected people who die by 160 fold? When the actual number is 6-7.

And are you saying that a comment like that should not be criticised because to criticise is party politics?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 03:48:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on July 17, 2021, 03:34:37 pm by bpoolrover »
So far, more than 46 million people have had a first vaccine dose - almost 90% of the adult population.

yes but I was answering to the post that said 85 percent of the population not adult population, then we would have to do the over 12s, so that from now is a minimum of what 3-4 months smack in the middle of winter, you will then say we can't open in winter, so be realistic we won't open till next summer is what your saying?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 04:23:16 pm by bpoolrover »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on July 17, 2021, 04:13:32 pm by dickos1 »

Ask yourself this.

Why did Sajid Javid last week say that the vaccination program had reduced the number of infected people who die by 160 fold? When the actual number is 6-7.

And are you saying that a comment like that should not be criticised because to criticise is party politics?

Other than what you’re saying on here, there’s no where else suggesting your figures are any more correct than his.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on July 17, 2021, 04:22:46 pm by albie »

yes but I was answering to the post that said 85 percent of the population not adult population

Blackpool,

You were saying we will never reach 85% of the total population.
At the moment, the figure is about 54% done.

The point is that the over 12's will be a significant proportion of the difference.
Vax them up, while still picking up the hesitant, and we would be in a much better position.

The decision to row back on controls is political, and set against the mainstream scientific opinion.
That is why Whitty is trying to swim against the instincts of the government.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on July 17, 2021, 04:25:10 pm by bpoolrover »
Albie that will take months, it will be smack in middle of winter so we can't open then so we will not open till next summer at the earliest?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on July 17, 2021, 04:32:24 pm by albie »
No, I don't think it needs to take months.

If we get back to the vaccination rate we had in the spring, we could do it by the end of August.
The current rate is slow, so that should be ramped up.

The consequence of opening up now is to make the future options hostage to fortune.
Managing the possibilities is best served by early decisive action, and not flip flopping every week.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on July 17, 2021, 05:02:05 pm by River Don »
There is a window now to get the over 12s vacinnated ready for the new school year.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on July 17, 2021, 05:05:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It is suggested that around 8 to 9% of 18 to 25-year-olds are hesitant to take the jab, compared to 4% across other age groups. That could be at least part of the reason for the slowdown in the numbers receiving the jabs.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on July 17, 2021, 05:43:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Ask yourself this.

Other than what you’re saying on here, there’s no where else suggesting your figures are any more correct than his.

Do some simple maths.

At the height of the January outbreak, we had 60,000 infections per day and 1200 deaths per day three weeks later.

20 deaths for every 1000 infections.

20 days ago, we were averaging about 15,000 new cases per day. If the fatality rate was now 160 times lower, we would now be expecting to see about 20/160 x 15 = 2 new deaths.

In fact we are averaging about 40 new deaths per day.  Javid is wrong by about a factor of 2000%.

You cannot possibly argue with the logic or the infants school maths there. His figure of 160 fold decrease is outrageously and quite astonishingly wrong. The fact that journalists haven't picked up on that says a hell of a lot about their lack of technical understanding.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on July 17, 2021, 06:19:32 pm by bpoolrover »
There is a window now to get the over 12s vacinnated ready for the new school year.
according to the bbc there is no announcement Due in the near future that 12-15 year olds will be vaccinated, what then? What when people need a booster jab do we then wait for them? Then the next people need a booster jab and there is winter and a new variant, going down your route we will not open until we're at zero cases

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on July 17, 2021, 06:23:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Bpool, I've been saying this for weeks, neigh months. Good luck with getting an answer.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on July 17, 2021, 06:27:36 pm by GazLaz »

What you say WILL happen isn’t a fact, let’s come back in September and see what actually happened and if what you stated as fact really did happen

139 new cases in Aus on the last update…

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on July 17, 2021, 06:43:42 pm by River Don »
according to the bbc there is no announcement Due in the near future that 12-15 year olds will be vaccinated, what then? What when people need a booster jab do we then wait for them? Then the next people need a booster jab and there is winter and a new variant, going down your route we will not open until we're at zero cases

What then? I don't know. I think it's a mistake not to be a vaccinating now while the opportunity is here.

They should continue ramping up capacity to deliver vaccinations as required. Whether they will is another matter...

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on July 17, 2021, 07:01:02 pm by bpoolrover »

What then? I don't know. I think it's a mistake not to be a vaccinating now while the opportunity is here.

They should continue ramping up capacity to deliver vaccinations as required. Whether they will is another matter...
they have ramped it up but the number of take ups from the 18plus group has slowed right down and I'm not sure there will be as good a take up as was hoped for, so again what then keep waiting, you make really valid good points rd but still what if we don't reach anywhere near these numbers you hope to reach

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on July 17, 2021, 07:18:58 pm by dickos1 »

139 new cases in Aus on the last update…

Yes, doubling every 4/5 days at the minute, they could be in for a rough ride. Especially when you consider their disastrous vaccine roll out

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on July 17, 2021, 07:22:01 pm by drfchound »
Maybe we aren’t so bad after all.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on July 17, 2021, 07:28:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Maybe we should go on the Australian Donny Rovers forum and spend 20 hours a day telling them how shit their country and government is!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on July 17, 2021, 07:29:43 pm by drfchound »
Maybe we should go on the Australian Donny Rovers forum and spend 20 hours a day telling them how shit their country and government is!

No one would care BB.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012