Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:13:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Culture War  (Read 5035 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Culture War
« on July 15, 2021, 12:24:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »
You know when I say the Tory party is determined to whip up the Culture War issue because it's their best chance of securing support?

And it sounds like I'm ranting?

Here's one of their senior back benchers.
https://mobile.twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1414717570859610112

"Make no mistake: this culture war is the issue of our age. It is the struggle of our generation. Nothing matters more. This is our battle of Britain."

Nothing matters more.

Climate change? Nah, stupid!

The societal shock coming from AI? Pfft.

The huge wealth inequality that has developed over the last 40 years? Gimme a break!

Nothing matters more than Culture War for this gem.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Culture War
« Reply #1 on July 15, 2021, 12:36:54 am by Bentley Bullet »
I mean, we're all gonna be dead from COVID soon ain't we? 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 11:58:40 am by Forum Admin »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 15, 2021, 12:45:07 am by SydneyRover »
As the seagulls follow each other .................

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 15, 2021, 12:52:35 am by Bentley Bullet »
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 12:55:23 am by Bentley Bullet »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 15, 2021, 01:11:05 am by SydneyRover »
As seagulls fight over a chip

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 15, 2021, 01:15:43 am by Bentley Bullet »
Well, you've got me there Skippy, I can't compete with class lefty responses like that! I'm sure Billy will be thrilled with your reply!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 15, 2021, 01:20:21 am by SydneyRover »
then you should read more of the Bentley Bulletin

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 15, 2021, 01:32:04 am by Bentley Bullet »
f**king hell Skippy, even your boss isn't hanging around after that response!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 15, 2021, 01:38:33 am by Bentley Bullet »
Skippy, why do you try to suck up so much to your leader as to try to answer questions that he can't even answer himself?

Just a little free snippet of advice there for you!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 15, 2021, 02:19:09 am by SydneyRover »
All I need to know about you and your little troupe is the combined comments you made in support of our lads against racism bb

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 15, 2021, 08:10:55 am by drfchound »
Well, you've got me there Skippy, I can't compete with class lefty responses like that! I'm sure Billy will be thrilled with your reply!

It’s just his way of adding to the debate BB. 
I also get the feeling that he is suggesting that some non left wing posters on here are racist.

All I need to know about you and your little troupe is the combined comments you made in support of our lads against racism bb
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 08:30:26 am by drfchound »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 15, 2021, 09:05:29 am by SydneyRover »
Still talking b*llocks I see. I mean, we're all gonna be dead from COVID soon ain't we?

It’s just his way of adding to the debate BB. 
I also get the feeling that he is suggesting that some non left wing posters on here are racist.

dogs and fleas aye hound, should have read the whole thread first

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 15, 2021, 01:31:49 pm by pib »
What the f**k has happened to this forum?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 15, 2021, 01:49:04 pm by Axholme Lion »

It's been taken over by a left wing mafia and anyone with any views to the right of Che Guevara is a wacist, fascist or worse.
All debate has been stifled unless you tow the line they want you banned. Free speech at it's best.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 15, 2021, 02:18:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Doesn't help when the first response to a post point out a fact is one accusing me of "talking b*llocks again" but there you go. Left wing mafia.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 15, 2021, 02:32:09 pm by Axholme Lion »
Doesn't help when the first response to a post point out a fact is one accusing me of "talking b*llocks again" but there you go. Left wing mafia.

Yes, left wing mafia, like on the Tyrone Mings thread where everyone ganged up on me because my views are common sense rather student common room politics.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 15, 2021, 02:42:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I suggested it was b*llocks because culture wars are caused by people who don't accept other peoples opinions and will even go to such extremes as supporting the invalidation of the result of a democratic vote if it goes against their views.

Oh, and climate change won't be an issue because we're all gonna be dead from COVID soon ain't we? 

It just seems like b*llocks coming from you.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 15, 2021, 02:46:35 pm by River Don »

Yes, left wing mafia, like on the Tyrone Mings thread where everyone ganged up on me because my views are common sense rather student common room politics.

I don't think the antagonistic conspiracy theory you put forward there was common sense.

The response it got wasn't lefties ganging up on you. It was a shocking statement that repulsed most people.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 15, 2021, 02:59:38 pm by Axholme Lion »

I don't think the antagonistic conspiracy theory you put forward there was common sense.

The response it got wasn't lefties ganging up on you. It was a shocking statement that repulsed most people.

It wasn't a shocking statement. It was a point of view and i know a lot of people who believe it may be true, especially as we all know the way the FA think and act nowadays. There was nothing racist in the view i put forward.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 15, 2021, 03:03:25 pm by River Don »

It wasn't a shocking statement. It was a point of view and i know a lot of people who believe it may be true, especially as we all know the way the FA think and act nowadays. There was nothing racist in the view i put forward.

That you don't see it as a shocking statement, when most clearly do should tell you something.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 15, 2021, 03:04:33 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

BB's shown up again and immediately started by ignoring the thread topic and instead abusing and provoking other forum users.

I don't know if you've noticed but it's been quite pleasant on here and there's been some decent discussions between people with different opinions since the last time he did exactly the same thing.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 03:07:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 15, 2021, 03:04:55 pm by pib »

It's been taken over by a left wing mafia and anyone with any views to the right of Che Guevara is a wacist, fascist or worse.
All debate has been stifled unless you tow the line they want you banned. Free speech at it's best.

Hmmm.... erm, no, don't think it's that.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 15, 2021, 03:14:27 pm by Axholme Lion »

I think it is.

Ever since Brexit they've been crying and whinging like spoilt little brats who don't get their own way. Get a life.
It must be really depressing living in the land of wokism where there is no humour and nothing to laugh at because they are in constant fear of causing offence and upsetting someone or other.
News flash: LIFE ISN'T FAIR.
Deal with it.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 15, 2021, 03:18:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Feel you're not getting free speech?
Deal with it. :silly:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 15, 2021, 03:18:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »

BB's shown up again and immediately started by ignoring the thread topic and instead abusing and provoking other forum users.

It's been quite pleasant on here since the last time he did exactly the same thing.

Coming from you, that is probably the most mirror-like description of one's self that has been brazenly used to describe another in the history of this forum.

Unless you were joking of course, in which case it is hilarious.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 15, 2021, 03:32:21 pm by Axholme Lion »
I see Saint Marcus and his mate have just taken off on a private jet on a holiday laughing their heads off. They didn't look too upset to me. Maybe he should have spent the money on some school dinners rather demanding the hard working tax payer is bled dry.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 15, 2021, 03:42:09 pm by pib »

I think it is.

Ever since Brexit they've been crying and whinging like spoilt little brats who don't get their own way. Get a life.
It must be really depressing living in the land of wokism where there is no humour and nothing to laugh at because they are in constant fear of causing offence and upsetting someone or other.
Deal with it.

I think it's become a place where folk can't see past the username posting and are so entrenched in their weird internet hatred for others, that they would rather spit bile and start arguments than actually discuss the topic. It's really tiresome and unreadable for people who would actually like to read and post in a reasonable and open-minded or light-hearted manner, rather than see it as split up into different "sides".

Think I'll just stop bothering with the site at all as every thread is now being de-railed by this crap.

I see Saint Marcus and his mate have just taken off on a private jet on a holiday laughing their heads off. They didn't look too upset to me. Maybe he should have spent the money on some school dinners rather demanding the hard working tax payer is bled dry.

As you said, life isn't fair.

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 15, 2021, 03:43:34 pm by redwine »

Awww, didums.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 15, 2021, 04:01:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
pib, do you think this forum would be better if it was left to the handful of lefties to spit their one-sided, hideously unbalanced, obsessive, people with opposing views despising, government hating venom without any opposition de-railing their agenda?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 15, 2021, 04:03:05 pm by Axholme Lion »

Awww, didums.

I don't give a shit mate. I'm just making the point of how the leftist mafia have taken over and shout down any other point of view. It must be such a shame for them that they are in the minority.
What is it now three general elections and a referendum? The majority of the real England are more in tune with my thinking.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012