Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:33:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 6 Trialists + Ed Williams start  (Read 7333 times)

mpc123

• VSC Member
Re: 6 Trialists + Ed Williams start
« Reply #30 on July 17, 2021, 07:24:56 pm by mpc123 »
How do you know the new ones are not on alot more than those high earners, I don't know, but could be.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 17, 2021, 07:27:47 pm by mpc123 »
I really can't believe you posted that, I cant believe this is what people think like. Oh well, I'm off back to my life of sanity

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 17, 2021, 07:28:24 pm by Chris Black come back »
If the budget is down by a quarter, then that is a very significant hit. We’ve also signed players like Close, Knoyle, Rowe and Williams who will be on good League One money and we’ve given a long new deal to Taylor. He has invested in a good XI. He will struggle to keep up the quality outside that XI given the reduction in his budget.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 17, 2021, 07:30:57 pm by vaya »
Is the budget down by a quarter this year compared to last? Have I missed something?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 17, 2021, 07:32:30 pm by sha66y »
So we lost 2-0 but the trialists got a decent run out and a rule run over them….doesn’t sound promising, but it is early doors

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 17, 2021, 07:32:37 pm by mpc123 »
Not its up from last year but last year it was down on previous because of Covid as per the post

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 17, 2021, 07:34:09 pm by mpc123 »
So we lost 2-0 but the trialists got a decent run out and a rule run over them….doesn’t sound promising, but it is early doors

What is not promising. It was a side full of trialists?? Rest will return when they can.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 17, 2021, 07:38:40 pm by Chris Black come back »
If the budget is down by a quarter, then that is a very significant hit. We’ve also signed players like Close, Knoyle, Rowe and Williams who will be on good League One money and we’ve given a long new deal to Taylor. He has invested in a good XI. He will struggle to keep up the quality outside that XI given the reduction in his budget.

I misread earlier point about budget being down. Looking back Gavin was talking about a good budget this season, but that was dependent on ticket sales and COVID. Not sure where we ended up on that, but some of the statements from Wellens recently have suggested there is not much left in tin.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 17, 2021, 07:47:04 pm by ravenrover »
So we’ve a significant budget increase with high earners leaving yet we can’t get players in????? Yet again points to no rhyme or reason, quite clearly no increase and a desperate attempt to sell season tickets
Oh no, he's escaped again

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 17, 2021, 08:11:43 pm by Campsall rover »
So we’ve a significant budget increase with high earners leaving yet we can’t get players in????? Yet again points to no rhyme or reason, quite clearly no increase and a desperate attempt to sell season tickets
Just ignore him. Quite pathetic and is not a Real supporter of DRFC. Real supporters that have a bone to pick have something constructive to say also or some sensible suggestions. This guy has never posted anything remotely constructive. If he has I missed it.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 17, 2021, 08:17:35 pm by roversdude »

Somewhere there is a village missing an idiot, quite pathetic really

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 17, 2021, 09:31:33 pm by Draytonian III »
Didn’t we loose a few years ago to Chesterfield 5-0 /4-0 and Alfie May got sent off, we got promoted and I think they got relegated. Friendlies at only about systems and fitness, performance counts for nothing.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 18, 2021, 12:03:46 am by Move DRFC »
The most insignificant, dead rubber pointless game of all time.

Can’t believe there’s serious posts about it.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 18, 2021, 12:32:46 am by DRNaith »
I think that the majority of supporters would take a mid-table finish for the season ahead, but wouldn't accept the results that it would take to get us there.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on July 18, 2021, 03:39:28 am by PDX_Rover »

Nonce-sense

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 18, 2021, 07:20:33 am by sha66y »
All the information in the news is there to read.

This year start building with not so great budget with covid tax, player defer to pay back

Next year back to a decent budget and away we go.

Anything above mid table would be a bonus this year.

Our actual 11 pre new covid issue looks OK but only OK.

Add next year 5 or 6 quality again and we will be strong.

Fingers crossed RW has us playing some sweet football by then.

All that makes sense, a coming year of consolidation and tweaking , avoid relegation at all cost and fingers crossed for a decent end of season finish….

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 18, 2021, 07:51:32 am by steve@dcfd »
Makess no difference how many RW maybe  going for quality more wages per player not everything is so simple.

Things will change day in day out dependant on who and what is available, nowhere does it say we had 18 last year so we want 18 now, it says the budget is 25%, how the hell do you get numbers from that. Why can't we do it with loans? They cost plenty too. I really don't get your point at all. RW will decide how many and what quality. Nothing to do with what we had last year.
I did say loans and I’m only saying what RW as said we require. DM had a budget which was 23% less than normal last season. Yet he put together a first team squad of 14 permanent players (including Williams). He added to that 5 loans for the start of the season.
At this moment of time with a budget bigger than last season RW has 12 permanent players and 1 loan in his first team squad. 2 of those are injured at the moment but hope they’ll be ready for when season starts. As I said before he has 4 loans to add to that. So he should have room if Williams leaves to add another two permanent players which will be comparable to last season. Like last season we have younger players under them who have to prove they are better than any of the Trialist but we don’t have any attacking young players.

Note out of all the Trialists and young lads that played yesterday only one stood out and he only joined the squad on Friday. The rest failed to reach the level RW required hard on some as they weren’t with us long. But the young lads and some others have.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 08:40:09 am by steve@dcfd »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 18, 2021, 09:16:53 am by the vicar »
Ravenhill and Hasani now on. Doesn't say much for them if all these emergency triallists are getting a game in front of them.
it says nothing about them at all.  All it did was give RW a chance to see the trialists and what they can do, he already knows what the kids are like, so it provides nothing about them

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 18, 2021, 09:25:10 am by steve@dcfd »
If you read it it says the Trialists and young kids to play at level against a league 2 ide only one player stood out. His words.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 09:31:28 am by steve@dcfd »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 18, 2021, 09:29:06 am by the vicar »
All the information in the news is there to read.

This year start building with not so great budget with covid tax, player defer to pay back

Next year back to a decent budget and away we go.

Anything above mid table would be a bonus this year.

Our actual 11 pre new covid issue looks OK but only OK.

Add next year 5 or 6 quality again and we will be strong.

Fingers crossed RW has us playing some sweet football by then.

So what happens when other clubs come in and take all our best performers, as they do every season?

As I've said before, you cannot plan for the season after the next one. It all has to be about the season in front of you.

What do you think the attendances will be like if we're in the bottom half of the table at Christmas, and looking unable to compete successfully with those in the top half? Which then impacts on what the budget will be for the following season.
steve the January window budget is different to now, I would have thought that we will have a budget for January separate to now

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 18, 2021, 10:04:56 am by Campsall rover »
I thought SM had said the budget was up to 2019/20 levels so a 20/25% increase on last season.
If I am wrong SM apologies.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 18, 2021, 10:16:22 am by RoversAlias »
Makess no difference how many RW maybe  going for quality more wages per player not everything is so simple.

Things will change day in day out dependant on who and what is available, nowhere does it say we had 18 last year so we want 18 now, it says the budget is 25%, how the hell do you get numbers from that. Why can't we do it with loans? They cost plenty too. I really don't get your point at all. RW will decide how many and what quality. Nothing to do with what we had last year.
I did say loans and I’m only saying what RW as said we require. DM had a budget which was 23% less than normal last season. Yet he put together a first team squad of 14 permanent players (including Williams). He added to that 5 loans for the start of the season.
At this moment of time with a budget bigger than last season RW has 12 permanent players and 1 loan in his first team squad. 2 of those are injured at the moment but hope they’ll be ready for when season starts. As I said before he has 4 loans to add to that. So he should have room if Williams leaves to add another two permanent players which will be comparable to last season. Like last season we have younger players under them who have to prove they are better than any of the Trialist but we don’t have any attacking young players.

Note out of all the Trialists and young lads that played yesterday only one stood out and he only joined the squad on Friday. The rest failed to reach the level RW required hard on some as they weren’t with us long. But the young lads and some others have.

Steve you keep saying this 12 players line but what are you going off?

Jones, Bottomley, Anderson, Knoyle, Rowe, John, R. Williams, Blythe, Seaman, Horton, Close, Greaves, Ravenhill, Hasani, Bostock, E. Williams, Taylor, Bogle, Okenabirhie, Hiwula plus Smith on loan.

That is 20 contracted first team players and a loanee. Even if you class some as young pros you have 14 established senior players, and the half dozen younger ones will still be being paid senior player wages. Once we sign 4 more loanees, ship out Ed Williams and maybe 2-3 younger players we will still have more than 20 first team players. The budget will give us a solid, competitive squad as expected and I do not understand all this tying ourselves in knots to find reasons why the summer isn't going well.

On a separate note, I haven't posted in a few days because I have been in hospital (not covid) and I have to say that when I've been reading threads on here it has been very hard work, because lots of threads are going round in circles with the same arguments, usually exacerbated by the same posters (again, this is separate to my above point so not meaning you here Steve) and it is so tiresome.

In my view, Rovers are putting together a squad to give it a good go this year and hopefully things will come together as the season progresses. Wellens talks about balancing the budget but I'm sure he will end up with a squad he is happy with and that he can mould into shape.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 18, 2021, 11:34:29 am by DonnyOsmond »
Hope everythings OK, RA.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 18, 2021, 11:47:39 am by MachoMadness »
Get well soon RA! Look forward to reading the next blog whenever that is.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on July 18, 2021, 11:49:16 am by roversdude »
RA hope you are soon back to full health

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 18, 2021, 11:59:14 am by the vicar »
Get well soon

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 18, 2021, 12:08:58 pm by Alan Southstand »
I make 13 from that list and that includes Smith (loanee)! Nowhere near a good enough squad depth for this league.

We have another loanee secured, who is a forward player, but with no prior league experience.

I’m finding it extremely difficult to equate the numbers we have against (what is supposed to be) a bigger budget than last season. And, we’re now having to ship players out before we can get anyone else in. Unbelievable, Jeff.

Does the budget need adjusting?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 18, 2021, 12:15:13 pm by Campsall rover »
RA get well soon. :)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on July 18, 2021, 12:19:38 pm by roversdude »
The budget is what it is, it could be debated on here until the cows come home, but until 1969 carries out the takeover and pumps his millions in, our owners have released funds they deem acceptable

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 18, 2021, 12:21:41 pm by vaya »
I make 13 from that list and that includes Smith (loanee)! Nowhere near a good enough squad depth for this league.

We have another loanee secured, who is a forward player, but with no prior league experience.

I’m finding it extremely difficult to equate the numbers we have against (what is supposed to be) a bigger budget than last season. And, we’re now having to ship players out before we can get anyone else in. Unbelievable, Jeff.

Does the budget need adjusting?

Alan, would it be easier to copy and paste what you posted in January, and last summer, and the January and summer before that?

It's pretty much of a muchness every six months, and would presumably save some time and effort.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012