Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:36:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New forward  (Read 5092 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: New forward
« Reply #30 on July 19, 2021, 08:03:48 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
The Hornets have the option of recalling the player in January 2022 should they wish to.

Hopefully he can become TOP CAT here

now we dont want T.C.  doing a "Bamford" do we .... meaning scoring so many goals before Christmas that he moves to a Championship club do we .

"On 1 July, Chelsea extended Bamford's loan to MK Dons until 5 January 2014.[22] Bamford scored 14 league goals in 23 appearances for MK Dons during this six-month period, and thus received speculation that he would be sent on loan to a club at a higher level. On 31 December, Karl Robinson confirmed that Bamford would not be returning to MK Dons after his loan deal expires.[23] This club was later announced as Derby County. He made his last appearance for Milton Keynes on 4 January 2014, where he scored his 17th goal of the season in the closing stages of a 3–3 draw against the holders Wigan Athletic in the third round of the FA Cup.[24]
Loan to Derby County
On 3 January 2014, Derby County confirmed the signing of Bamford on a loan until the end of the season."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Bamford

dreams are currently tax free ...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 19, 2021, 08:33:52 pm by Drover »
Not disputing that, Dickos. Where does it say I have?

Major rebuild not complete yet and we’re having to clear yet more out? It doesn’t sit right with me.

It's the same every year,but I reckon it may be more that,the board wisely don't want it banded around,we've enough available if the right player becomes available,then said parties often get greedy.Also,its a good excuse,to try and move dead wood on without making the players concerned look not good enough for prospective takers,a kind of business acumen. 

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 19, 2021, 08:44:13 pm by the vicar »
The Hornets have the option of recalling the player in January 2022 should they wish to.

Hopefully he can become TOP CAT here

now we dont want T.C.  doing a "Bamford" do we .... meaning scoring so many goals before Christmas that he moves to a Championship club do we .

"On 1 July, Chelsea extended Bamford's loan to MK Dons until 5 January 2014.[22] Bamford scored 14 league goals in 23 appearances for MK Dons during this six-month period, and thus received speculation that he would be sent on loan to a club at a higher level. On 31 December, Karl Robinson confirmed that Bamford would not be returning to MK Dons after his loan deal expires.[23] This club was later announced as Derby County. He made his last appearance for Milton Keynes on 4 January 2014, where he scored his 17th goal of the season in the closing stages of a 3–3 draw against the holders Wigan Athletic in the third round of the FA Cup.[24]
Loan to Derby County
On 3 January 2014, Derby County confirmed the signing of Bamford on a loan until the end of the season."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Bamford

dreams are currently tax free ...
well they do have an opinion to have him back in January

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 19, 2021, 10:24:32 pm by Janso »

Major rebuild not complete yet and we’re having to clear yet more out? It doesn’t sit right with me.

It's the same every year,but I reckon it may be more that,the board wisely don't want it banded around,we've enough available if the right player becomes available,then said parties often get greedy.Also,its a good excuse,to try and move dead wood on without making the players concerned look not good enough for prospective takers,a kind of business acumen.

Think you've hit the nail on the head. I don't understand why we'd want to go round telling everyone who'll listen we've got money to spend. Asking to be ripped off.

Just look at what happened with Bale and Suarez were sold - Spurs and Liverpool were sold shite at massively inflated prices because everyone knew they'd got an absolute fortune to spend on top of their regular millions.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 19, 2021, 11:07:13 pm by dickos1 »

For the middle of July, this has been the best summer of recruitment we’ve had for a very long time

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 19, 2021, 11:29:27 pm by MachoMadness »

For the middle of July, this has been the best summer of recruitment we’ve had for a very long time
This. Although to be fair it needed to be, but that doesn't change the fact we've done some great business with more to come no doubt, despite the talk about the budget running low.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 20, 2021, 07:58:51 am by Chris Black come back »
It’s a good starting XI:

Jones
Knoyle
Williams
Anderson
Rowe

Smith
Close
Bostock

Taylor
Fejiri
Hiwula

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 20, 2021, 08:13:17 am by steve@dcfd »
It’s a good starting XI:

Jones
Knoyle
Williams
Anderson
Rowe

Smith
Close
Bostock

Taylor
Fejiri
Hiwula
It is if Taylor and Fej are fit for the first game. Would like a DM in there if better than the ones we’ve got.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 20, 2021, 04:17:33 pm by Chris the Rover »
Cukur might be involved, if he’s as promising as RW makes him sound. Ideal stand in for Fej?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 20, 2021, 07:24:15 pm by Alan Southstand »
It’s a bit strange we’ve heard nothing on Fej’s injury situation, whether he’s out for a long or short time and how he’s progressing, unless I’ve missed it?

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 20, 2021, 07:44:28 pm by Herman Hessian »
6 foot 3 so imagine he won't have any trouble winning headers. Watford fans seem quite high on him, which is always a good sign!

You say that, but Neil Campbell was 6"3 also.

i don't think Clownshoes ever had the slightest problem in winning headers, to be fair - it was the fact that he had little or no ability to direct the ball after it had contacted his bonce that was more of an issue... ;)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 20, 2021, 10:06:39 pm by roversdude »
Tiago looked decent can hold the ball up, has a look of Richarlison

TinyPortal © 2005-2012