Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:54:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Channel crossing record beat.(again and again and again)  (Read 37144 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
No , not the fastest swim over La Manche.

Yesterday, a record 430 migrants successfully made the crossing in dinghies.
They need to get Guinness down there and start handing out medals.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 01:05:37 pm by normal rules »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Channel crossing record beat.
« Reply #1 on July 20, 2021, 07:54:09 am by SydneyRover »
Oh well balanced by the numbers that have left over the last year I guess

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 20, 2021, 08:19:21 am by Metalmicky »
TBF - there is a shortage of workers in some industries.....

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 20, 2021, 10:13:02 am by Glyn_Wigley »
If they've been caught they've hardly been successful, I'd have thought.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 20, 2021, 11:01:26 am by Redandwhite »
Completely disgusting how the RNLI are being used to ferry these economic migrants across from a safe country .

Wonder how this affects the RNLI response times for genuine people in distress .

Hopefully tge economic migrants get sent back ASAP to the first safe country they landed in .
Then if they still want to come to the UK,  they can apply through the proper channels .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 20, 2021, 11:09:00 am by SydneyRover »
Britons may be economic migrants in the longer term.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 20, 2021, 12:18:29 pm by normal rules »
Completely disgusting how the RNLI are being used to ferry these economic migrants across from a safe country .

Wonder how this affects the RNLI response times for genuine people in distress .

Hopefully tge economic migrants get sent back ASAP to the first safe country they landed in .
Then if they still want to come to the UK,  they can apply through the proper channels .

The fact is, once they have got here they are pretty safe currently from deportation. The Home Office cannot just deport people. It’s so much more complex than that. The uk can only deport by force to host countries if they accept to take them and they are willing to go. For countries like Iraq, Iran, Eritrea etc, this is simply not the case.
I see today there is news that the uk govt are considering jail terms of up to 4 years for illegal entrants like this.
Good luck with that.
We cannot get burglars and violent criminals  locked up as it is.
No where near enough prisons. The ones we have are full to busting as it is.
Plus once they have done time, where do they go then? We still have the difficulty of deportation to hostile countries who we have no memorandum of understanding with.
We have a substantial Royal Navy fleet currently steaming around the Black Sea causing international tension, yet they would be much better employed a bit nearer to home.
I fail to see why we are not using our naval assets to protect our border. There are considerable naval assets along the south coast, perfectly situated to patrol the channel.
I can only surmise the uk govt are accepting these numbers as part of their risk management of this whole situation.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 20, 2021, 12:37:15 pm by Redandwhite »

The fact is, once they have got here they are pretty safe currently from deportation. The Home Office cannot just deport people. It’s so much more complex than that. The uk can only deport by force to host countries if they accept to take them and they are willing to go. For countries like Iraq, Iran, Eritrea etc, this is simply not the case.
I see today there is news that the uk govt are considering jail terms of up to 4 years for illegal entrants like this.
Good luck with that.
Plus once they have done time, where do they go then? We still have the difficulty of deportation to hostile countries who we have no memorandum of understanding with.
We have a substantial Royal Navy fleet currently steaming around the Black Sea causing international tension, yet they would be much better employed a bit nearer to home.
I fail to see why we are not using our naval assets to protect our border. There are considerable naval assets along the south coast, perfectly situated to patrol the channel.
I can only surmise the uk govt are accepting these numbers as part of their risk management of this whole situation.
Makes me think they want the migrants.
Perhaps to underpin our economy in someway, the country needs lower rung workers for the whole system to function .

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 20, 2021, 01:49:47 pm by Axholme Lion »

Good luck with that.
Makes me think they want the migrants.
Perhaps to underpin our economy in someway, the country needs lower rung workers for the whole system to function .

Or maybe businesses should pay a decent wage so our own people can do the work?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 20, 2021, 01:50:50 pm by Axholme Lion »

Good luck with that.

What's the point in paying for navy which doesn't protect us from foreign invaders?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 20, 2021, 01:51:00 pm by normal rules »
Reports that hgv drivers are being offered double their normal wage to drive due to shortages in the haulage industry.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 20, 2021, 01:58:42 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Taking back control seems to be working out well then.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 20, 2021, 02:10:54 pm by ravenrover »
Let's secure our borders, oh how the gullible were lead

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 20, 2021, 02:26:01 pm by belton rover »
52% of the voting nation were gullible fools. And it’s not even a word in the dictionary.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 20, 2021, 02:45:59 pm by Axholme Lion »

Well if that means businesses need to pay higher wages to retain staff then yes it is a good result. Or would you prefer we all were paid the minimum wage?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 20, 2021, 03:06:06 pm by selby »
 Is that what you are Syd, couldn't hack it here so buggered off to poor old Australia, I make no wonder they are not keen on Poms.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 20, 2021, 03:46:36 pm by Axholme Lion »
Is that what you are Syd, couldn't hack it here so buggered off to poor old Australia, I make no wonder they are not keen on Poms.

I can't think why he's so bothered about what happens over here seen as he has bailed out and done a runner. Maybe take more of an interest in the politics of Oz.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 20, 2021, 05:08:26 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Well if that means businesses need to pay higher wages to retain staff then yes it is a good result. Or would you prefer we all were paid the minimum wage?

When you can explain how businesses paying higher wages makes our borders more secure you might have a point.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 20, 2021, 05:09:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I can't think why he's so bothered about what happens over here seen as he has bailed out and done a runner. Maybe take more of an interest in the politics of Oz.

You pissed off from London so presumably you don't give a bugger about Millwall any more. The same principle applies, if you're daft enough to believe it.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 20, 2021, 06:04:59 pm by ravenrover »
52% of the voting nation were gullible fools. And it’s not even a word in the dictionary.
Correction 52% of those that voted.
Strange it is in the Collins and Cambridge dictionary bit more research needed there Belton or do you only use the Oxford one?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 20, 2021, 06:31:29 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

You pissed off from London so presumably you don't give a bugger about Millwall any more. The same principle applies, if you're daft enough to believe it.

the 2011  census shows everybody had pi$$ed off From London  :headbang:

quote from 2011 : - " London has become the first region where white British people have become a minority.

Some 45% (3.7 million) of people in the capital described themselves as white British, down from 58% (4.3 million) in 2001."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20677515

so what will the 2021 figure be ???

as For Wiltshire man  the naked truth is it's even worse  ..... he pi$$ed off to support another  "CLUB"

update akinfenwas geography is better than mine !! always thought that was wiltshire
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 06:37:53 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 20, 2021, 06:47:27 pm by belton rover »
Strange it is in the Collins and Cambridge dictionary bit more research needed there Belton or do you only use the Oxford one?

So you actually checked to see if gullible was in the dictionary?

And I said the voting nation, not the nation.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 20, 2021, 06:55:24 pm by belton rover »

How on earth is moving cities/towns in the same country the same as moving from one side of the world to the other?
The only way such a comparison could be made is if Axholme was constantly moaning about how shit his life is in London despite not having a life in London.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 20, 2021, 07:15:55 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

How on earth is moving cities/towns in the same country the same as moving from one side of the world to the other?
The only way such a comparison could be made is if Axholme was constantly moaning about how shit his life is in London despite not having a life in London.

If you run away from somewhere, it doesn't matter how far or how many borders you cross, the principle AL is espousing is that you shouldn't be allowed to have any opinion on what you've run away from.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 20, 2021, 07:18:05 pm by wilts rover »

the 2011  census shows everybody had pi$$ed off From London  :headbang:

quote from 2011 : - " London has become the first region where white British people have become a minority.

Some 45% (3.7 million) of people in the capital described themselves as white British, down from 58% (4.3 million) in 2001."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20677515

so what will the 2021 figure be ???

as For Wiltshire man  the naked truth is it's even worse  ..... he pi$$ed off to support another  "CLUB"

update akinfenwas geography is better than mine !! always thought that was wiltshire

The Cerne Abbas Giant is in Dorset.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 20, 2021, 07:22:13 pm by drfchound »
So going back to the navy thing.
If the navy boats intercepted the dinghies what could they do?
Can they tow them back to France.
If they pick up the migrants they have to bring them to the UK.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 20, 2021, 07:27:49 pm by belton rover »
It’s a fair general point, Glyn, but the not supporting your home team comparison is a silly one. f**k me - I’d have to support Scunny!

I think if Axholme was on a local (to Millwall) forum obnoxiously arguing with and antagonising those who still lived in that area, then they would have every right to call him a Kitson.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 20, 2021, 07:28:50 pm by wilts rover »

If they are economic migrants they can be deported back to their home country.

If they are refugees fleeing persecution they can go to any country they wish to seek asylum. As covered by International Law and the Geneva Convention, to which the UK is a signatory and a permanment member of the security council responsible for ensuring countries upholding that convention.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 20, 2021, 07:43:17 pm by drfchound »
Quote from: Redandwhite link=topic=281591.msg1070959#msg1070959 date=1626775286ŷ

If they are economic migrants they can be deported back to their home country.

If they are refugees fleeing persecution they can go to any country they wish to seek asylum. As covered by International Law and the Geneva Convention, to which the UK is a signatory and a permanment member of the security council responsible for ensuring countries upholding that convention.

I wouldn’t think it would be easy to find out which type they are when shouting down to their dinghy from a navy boat.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 20, 2021, 09:39:50 pm by ravenrover »

So you actually checked to see if gullible was in the dictionary?

And I said the voting nation, not the nation.
No I knew it was a correct word unlike some
No comment re your 52% then  no just choose to ignore that one

TinyPortal © 2005-2012