Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:10:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Vaccine passport  (Read 7210 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Vaccine passport
« on July 20, 2021, 08:41:40 am by the vicar »
Should Rovers use the vaccine passport to make it safe in the ground.  I think they should

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Re: Vaccine passport
« Reply #1 on July 20, 2021, 08:46:30 am by DonnyNoel »
On a related note I wonder what the definition will be of a "large sporting event". Will it be as black and white as x-thousand people or will it bear some relevance to the capacity - eg 13,000 in the KM is a lot different to 13,000 in Wembley. Does the venue being roofed play a factor - basketball, ice hockey etc?

With a few new seasons about to start I bet there's a lot for some clubs to get their heads round.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 20, 2021, 08:59:10 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Needed it at the cricket on Sunday, was easy. Quick look at the app and off you went, they gave a wristband to you when checked, not bothered again.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 20, 2021, 09:03:34 am by the vicar »
It worries me to think who is going to come and sit next to me at the keepmoat, have they had it have they not

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 20, 2021, 09:10:05 am by drfchound »
Once again this issue appears to split opinion.
Everyone has their own views on it.
I suppose in a few months we will know whether it is a good idea or not.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 20, 2021, 09:15:34 am by DMnumber4 »
https://inews.co.uk/sport/premier-league-developing-own-covid-passport-to-keep-fans-in-stadiums-1103659

Premier League developing its own app. Their sense of self-importance knows no bounds.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 20, 2021, 09:37:27 am by EasyforDennis »
Anyone with the NHS app on their phone you already have a covid passport. Not the crap £32billion failed Dildo Harding one but the REAL NHS app.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 20, 2021, 09:43:26 am by Arsenal Of The North »
It worries me to think who is going to come and sit next to me at the keepmoat, have they had it have they not

But the vaccine won’t stop you or them catching coronavirus? If the person next to you chooses to not have the vaccine and sits next to you, I don’t see any increased risk? The unvaccinated are just more likely to have potentially worse symptoms?

My understanding of the situation wether that’s right or wrong haha, I’m double vaccinated by the way just playing devils advocate

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 20, 2021, 09:45:27 am by rich1471 »
I'm currently self isolating as I came into close contact with someone who has been double jabbed and he said he's was worried as he has never felt so ill was struggling for breath and could not stop sweeting and he is fit and healthy , He showed no symptoms when I was with him 48 hours later he said he thought that was is , what is worrying is the passport lasts for 180 days if you have been double jabbed. And I piece of paper to say you have been double jabbed will be so easy to forge and some older people will not have a smart phone to download it onto

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 20, 2021, 09:49:02 am by Metalmicky »
Myself and partner have both the NHS App and a letter from NHS England.  My Dad does have a smart phone, but is not very competent in using it - so I got him to apply for the letter.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 20, 2021, 09:49:15 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Thing is, the club have sold tickets irrespective of folks vaccine status. That will need some thought if they were to consider this.

The vaccine doesn't stop anyone contracting the virus or passing it on, although it may reduce the viral load passed on according to some research.

Mask wearing may also reduce the risk of transmission however as we know, this is no longer a legal requirement so who polices it?

I'm sure the club will be taking all these factors into account however, we all have to take some personal responsibility to assess the risks for ourselves.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 20, 2021, 10:01:14 am by the vicar »
Anyone with the NHS app on their phone you already have a covid passport. Not the crap £32billion failed Dildo Harding one but the REAL NHS app.
I know that I’m just saying should we use it

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 20, 2021, 10:04:35 am by the vicar »

But the vaccine won’t stop you or them catching coronavirus? If the person next to you chooses to not have the vaccine and sits next to you, I don’t see any increased risk? The unvaccinated are just more likely to have potentially worse symptoms?

My understanding of the situation wether that’s right or wrong haha, I’m double vaccinated by the way just playing devils advocate
the problem with me is I am very vulnerable with asthma c.o.p.d, and now pancreatic cancer so I have to be careful

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 20, 2021, 10:07:41 am by drfchound »
Thing is, the club have sold tickets irrespective of folks vaccine status. That will need some thought if they were to consider this.

The vaccine doesn't stop anyone contracting the virus or passing it on, although it may reduce the viral load passed on according to some research.

Mask wearing may also reduce the risk of transmission however as we know, this is no longer a legal requirement so who polices it?

I'm sure the club will be taking all these factors into account however, we all have to take some personal responsibility to assess the risks for ourselves.

That last sentence there mate says a lot.
I heard a scientist on the telly yesterday saying it shouldn’t be called freedom day.
He suggested Responsibility Day would be more appropriate.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 20, 2021, 10:16:50 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

the problem with me is I am very vulnerable with asthma c.o.p.d, and now pancreatic cancer so I have to be careful

So you will have to think carefully about putting yourself at further risk.

Whether the club will consider opening up a couple of the neutral seating areas to accommodate people such as yourself who would rather be distanced from anyone outside your 'bubble' I don't know, but as you mentioned you were speaking to Gavin, it might be worth raising the issue.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 20, 2021, 10:29:51 am by the vicar »
Yes mate that is a cracking idea a vulnerability supporter area why not

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 20, 2021, 10:43:31 am by Barmby Rover »
I will not be attending while ever there is no proper way of checking what the status of the people around me is, or the virus
 becomes controlled. It is currently far from controlled, and as people do not care enough about others who may be vulnerable I have finished attending football for the moment.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 20, 2021, 10:45:12 am by mjg »
Wear a mask

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 20, 2021, 10:48:53 am by mjg »
Double jab doesn’t mean you can’t get the virus and 60% of people in hospital have been double jabbed , so use your head and continue to wear a mask

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 20, 2021, 10:50:29 am by mjg »
No masks no football for me

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 20, 2021, 10:51:08 am by DonnyNoel »

Thats a good point re ticket sales already made.

Could be getting ahead of ourselves but wonder if a lot more games will start to be all ticket for away fans so clubs have a better idea of numbers attending in advance.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 20, 2021, 11:00:35 am by The Beast »

Really sorry to hear that mate, hope the treatment is working

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 20, 2021, 11:03:08 am by drfchound »
Double jab doesn’t mean you can’t get the virus and 60% of people in hospital have been double jabbed , so use your head and continue to wear a mask

Have 60% of people in hospital with covid been double jabbed.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 20, 2021, 11:12:43 am by Metalmicky »

It was a mis-quote at the presser yesterday - 60% haven't been jabbed at all was the correct detail.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 20, 2021, 11:13:48 am by the vicar »
That has been denied on tv that double jabbed people are in hospital they are saying that most of them are 18to 40 that have not been double jabbed, but that is immaterial as the ones that have been jabbed are the very vulnerable people abs I come into that category and I don’t want to be one of the statistics

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 20, 2021, 11:35:54 am by sha66y »
Of course they should,  and the ground is big enough to place similar groups of people together
Non mask wearers
Those wishing to wear Masks
Single jabbed
Non- jabbed
Mixed families of any of the above

These are pretty much the groups we have now without breaking it down to bubbles in areas, and with a little forethought the club should be able to issue guidelines regarding what group sits where,
This should protect those that feel they need it on the food concourses,

I know fans want to sit in familiar areas with the same people, but for a short while whilst our attendances are manageable we should be making the stadium a place were everyone can feel safe at least

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 20, 2021, 11:40:25 am by Chris Black come back »
On a related note I wonder what the definition will be of a "large sporting event". Will it be as black and white as x-thousand people or will it bear some relevance to the capacity - eg 13,000 in the KM is a lot different to 13,000 in Wembley. Does the venue being roofed play a factor - basketball, ice hockey etc?

With a few new seasons about to start I bet there's a lot for some clubs to get their heads round.

You can pretty much guarantee the definition will not include polo, horse racing, Henley regatta, rugby union, etc.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 20, 2021, 11:45:09 am by Filo »
Wear a mask

Mask wearing is to protect others, if others are not wearing them what protection has he got?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 20, 2021, 11:45:44 am by the vicar »
That’s true but there should be no double standards

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 20, 2021, 11:46:30 am by Filo »

No

TinyPortal © 2005-2012