Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:47:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Vaccine passport  (Read 7212 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Vaccine passport
« Reply #30 on July 20, 2021, 11:48:16 am by Filo »
On a related note I wonder what the definition will be of a "large sporting event". Will it be as black and white as x-thousand people or will it bear some relevance to the capacity - eg 13,000 in the KM is a lot different to 13,000 in Wembley. Does the venue being roofed play a factor - basketball, ice hockey etc?

With a few new seasons about to start I bet there's a lot for some clubs to get their heads round.

You can pretty much guarantee the definition will not include polo, horse racing, Henley regatta, rugby union, etc.
On a related note I wonder what the definition will be of a "large sporting event". Will it be as black and white as x-thousand people or will it bear some relevance to the capacity - eg 13,000 in the KM is a lot different to 13,000 in Wembley. Does the venue being roofed play a factor - basketball, ice hockey etc?

With a few new seasons about to start I bet there's a lot for some clubs to get their heads round.

You can pretty much guarantee the definition will not include polo, horse racing, Henley regatta, rugby union, etc.

145k at Silverstone on Sunday

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 20, 2021, 11:55:47 am by silent majority »
We'll be working through the details in the next few days.

The club have already said they would open up the neutral areas so that those who are more vulnerable could move there and feel safer.

We have a supporters board meeting on Wednesday so I'm sure we'll run through quite a bit of this.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 20, 2021, 12:09:34 pm by mjg »
So what your saying is that if your double jabbed you will not end up in hospital,

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 20, 2021, 12:11:48 pm by mjg »
Those who do not wish to wear masks in or around the ground are selfish, and the reason why this horrible virus will kill more people

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 20, 2021, 12:17:43 pm by sha66y »
Those who do not wish to wear masks in or around the ground are selfish, and the reason why this horrible virus will kill more people

That’s not as evidential as you may think, the science is less than conclusive for wearing masks in open space, but the Covid debate has been done to death……and the Government are making the rules!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 20, 2021, 12:24:06 pm by Nudga »

Where do you think your breath goes when breathing  out of a mask?

You are constantly mucking about with your masks and adjusting them with your hands.
A lot of people screw them in their pocket when not wearing them and then stick em back on when going into a shop.
All these, bacteria infested masks can't be doing you any favours.

No masks
No passports.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 20, 2021, 12:25:51 pm by EasyforDennis »

You are constantly mucking about with your masks and adjusting them with your hands.
A lot of people screw them in their pocket when not wearing them and then stick em back on when going into a shop.

No masks
No passports.

No entry.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 20, 2021, 12:29:42 pm by sha66y »

No masks
No passports.

No entry.
Empty stadiums

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 20, 2021, 12:36:16 pm by mjg »
I rest my case , no masks no football for me

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 20, 2021, 12:36:23 pm by Chris Black come back »
So what your saying is that if your double jabbed you will not end up in hospital,

At present, around 60% of hospitalisations from COVID are currently from unvaccinated people.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 20, 2021, 12:39:13 pm by sha66y »
I rest my case , no masks no football for me

It’s a stance that many will take I’m afraid, but each to their own I guess

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 20, 2021, 12:39:50 pm by Nudga »
Double jabbed friends are getting covid left right and centre.

Us filthy unvaccinated friends are fit as fiddles.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 20, 2021, 12:45:53 pm by sha66y »
The Government trialled 3 events, but probably more, I know a couple that attended the Liverpool indoor nightclub no mask event…..
This was a success and I would imagine the other couple of events were equally successful, which has probably lead to the government allowing non mask events with huge numbers attending…….. surely the message is right there,

To not attend an event because others are following current medical guidelines has no basis other than personal choice…..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 20, 2021, 12:48:25 pm by the vicar »

The club have already said they would open up the neutral areas so that those who are more vulnerable could move there and feel safer.

We have a supporters board meeting on Wednesday so I'm sure we'll run through quite a bit of this.

hi Martin I think the ideal place is under the big screen then they are away from the elements. In the east stand they are liable to get wet when it rains, but in the south west corner it’s dry and not as cold in the winter

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 20, 2021, 12:48:42 pm by mjg »
Correct

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 20, 2021, 12:50:48 pm by the vicar »
no one is saying that but you have got a better chance of not going to hospital

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 20, 2021, 12:55:40 pm by DonnyOsmond »

No masks
No passports.

Ahh, I'm sure you can back this theory up with long term data on mask usage, such as increased respiratory illnesses in East Asian countries where there is high mask usage, even pre-covid?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 20, 2021, 01:00:12 pm by DonnyNoel »
I'm not a Moderator but emotive subject though this is can we maybe keep this to how it affects Rovers/sport and how we get as many people in the KM as safely as possible? If we're talking passport vs no passport or mask vs no mask there's the same debate on off topic.

(apologies if that's a minority opinion and feel free to carry on of course  :aok: )

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 20, 2021, 01:00:44 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

hi Martin I think the ideal place is under the big screen then they are away from the elements. In the east stand they are liable to get wet when it rains, but in the south west corner it’s dry and not as cold in the winter

Bit unfair on those who sit there though to then shift them? Hence perhaps north of the west stand is a better option?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 20, 2021, 01:05:28 pm by sha66y »

Bit unfair on those who sit there though to then shift them? Hence perhaps north of the west stand is a better option?

Perhaps the only option is to rip up the current seating arrangements and gear one to meet the needs of everyone ….. not everyone will be best pleased, but after the last 2 years I think the majority of fans will be happy to sit where the club tells them, just so they can see live football

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 20, 2021, 01:09:57 pm by the vicar »

there is no one sits there it is at the moment a sterile area

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on July 20, 2021, 01:13:33 pm by ravenrover »

No masks
No passports.

No football!

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 20, 2021, 01:16:07 pm by Metalmicky »

I can't believe that................ you have friends.?  :whistle:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 20, 2021, 01:16:44 pm by roversdude »
There is an ideal place as pointed out North end of West stand, although concourse facilities would be a problem

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 20, 2021, 01:20:50 pm by Redandwhite »
Should Rovers use the vaccine passport to make it safe in the ground.  I think they should
I've had 2 jabs. (Reminds of John Prescott saying that )

But I'm categorically against vaccine passports . It's effectively forcing vaccines through the back door.
It's sinister .

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 20, 2021, 01:35:49 pm by Nudga »

Yeah loads, which is weird because I don't generally like people.

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 20, 2021, 01:42:15 pm by BradwellRover »
It worries me to think who is going to come and sit next to me at the keepmoat, have they had it have they not

But the vaccine won’t stop you or them catching coronavirus? If the person next to you chooses to not have the vaccine and sits next to you, I don’t see any increased risk? The unvaccinated are just more likely to have potentially worse symptoms?

My understanding of the situation wether that’s right or wrong haha, I’m double vaccinated by the way just playing devils advocate

Being double vaccinated doesn’t stop you getting it, but it makes it less likely, and thus less likely to pass it on.

You are correct that vaccinated people are less likely to have serious illness, but it can still be very serious.

Should have stuck to social distancing and masks in my humble opinion.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 20, 2021, 02:01:20 pm by sha66y »
It worries me to think who is going to come and sit next to me at the keepmoat, have they had it have they not

But the vaccine won’t stop you or them catching coronavirus? If the person next to you chooses to not have the vaccine and sits next to you, I don’t see any increased risk? The unvaccinated are just more likely to have potentially worse symptoms?

My understanding of the situation wether that’s right or wrong haha, I’m double vaccinated by the way just playing devils advocate

Being double vaccinated doesn’t stop you getting it, but it makes it less likely, and thus less likely to pass it on.

You are correct that vaccinated people are less likely to have serious illness, but it can still be very serious.

Should have stuck to social distancing and masks in my humble opinion.

Forever?

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 20, 2021, 02:16:28 pm by Drover »

145k at Silverstone on Sunday

Sumo wrestling?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 20, 2021, 02:32:11 pm by NickDRFC »

Yeah loads, which is weird because I don't generally like people.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012