Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:14:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Vaccine passport  (Read 7209 times)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Vaccine passport
« Reply #60 on July 20, 2021, 02:34:30 pm by since-1969 »
Should Rovers use the vaccine passport to make it safe in the ground.  I think they should
There isn’t one .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on July 20, 2021, 02:36:37 pm by Jimmydee »
Vicar, maybe get advice from your Doctor/consultant about your risk of attending a football match, I know that I wouldn’t risk attending if I had your ailments.

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on July 20, 2021, 02:52:03 pm by BradwellRover »
It worries me to think who is going to come and sit next to me at the keepmoat, have they had it have they not

But the vaccine won’t stop you or them catching coronavirus? If the person next to you chooses to not have the vaccine and sits next to you, I don’t see any increased risk? The unvaccinated are just more likely to have potentially worse symptoms?

My understanding of the situation wether that’s right or wrong haha, I’m double vaccinated by the way just playing devils advocate

Being double vaccinated doesn’t stop you getting it, but it makes it less likely, and thus less likely to pass it on.

You are correct that vaccinated people are less likely to have serious illness, but it can still be very serious.

Should have stuck to social distancing and masks in my humble opinion.

Forever?

Yes, forever and ever…

Perhaps I meant until numbers were under control and enough people had received two vaccines.  The huge risk of letting it run wild like this with limited safeguards is increased chance of a vaccine resistant strain developing.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on July 20, 2021, 04:02:26 pm by sha66y »
It worries me to think who is going to come and sit next to me at the keepmoat, have they had it have they not

But the vaccine won’t stop you or them catching coronavirus? If the person next to you chooses to not have the vaccine and sits next to you, I don’t see any increased risk? The unvaccinated are just more likely to have potentially worse symptoms?

My understanding of the situation wether that’s right or wrong haha, I’m double vaccinated by the way just playing devils advocate

Being double vaccinated doesn’t stop you getting it, but it makes it less likely, and thus less likely to pass it on.

You are correct that vaccinated people are less likely to have serious illness, but it can still be very serious.

Should have stuck to social distancing and masks in my humble opinion.

Forever?

Yes, forever and ever…

Perhaps I meant until numbers were under control and enough people had received two vaccines.  The huge risk of letting it run wild like this with limited safeguards is increased chance of a vaccine resistant strain developing.

I think the numbers are containable, the risk is very low and the information will never change, of course people will get some form of cold/flu symptoms and some will accept that it’s no more than they’ve had before, and some will fear the worst and want to be seen by a doctor…..pretty much like a normal winter flu …… so this is the right time, otherwise the authorities would not allow it….

The human behavioural think tanks have got a lot of work to do to remove the fear that this government have established into mainstream life….

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on July 20, 2021, 05:18:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Thing is, the club have sold tickets irrespective of folks vaccine status. That will need some thought if they were to consider this.

The vaccine doesn't stop anyone contracting the virus or passing it on, although it may reduce the viral load passed on according to some research.

Mask wearing may also reduce the risk of transmission however as we know, this is no longer a legal requirement so who polices it?

I'm sure the club will be taking all these factors into account however, we all have to take some personal responsibility to assess the risks for ourselves.
How do you assess the risk of you being sat at the side of a stranger with asymptomatic COVID?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on July 20, 2021, 05:45:59 pm by sha66y »
Thing is, the club have sold tickets irrespective of folks vaccine status. That will need some thought if they were to consider this.

The vaccine doesn't stop anyone contracting the virus or passing it on, although it may reduce the viral load passed on according to some research.

Mask wearing may also reduce the risk of transmission however as we know, this is no longer a legal requirement so who polices it?

I'm sure the club will be taking all these factors into account however, we all have to take some personal responsibility to assess the risks for ourselves.
How do you assess the risk of you being sat at the side of a stranger with asymptomatic COVID?

You can’t !
But you can’t live your life worrying that everyone has got covid,

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on July 20, 2021, 06:56:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

The club can only do so much but at the end of the day, if folk are that concerned., don't go. Take personal responsibility because we can't expect everyone else to do it for us.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on July 20, 2021, 06:59:44 pm by Nudga »

If I had that mentality, I'd never be able to do my job and I'd go bust.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 20, 2021, 07:44:50 pm by drfchound »
Double jab doesn’t mean you can’t get the virus and 60% of people in hospital have been double jabbed , so use your head and continue to wear a mask
Have 60% of people in hospital with covid been double jabbed.

It was a mis-quote at the presser yesterday - 60% haven't been jabbed at all was the correct detail.

I know mate.
I was saying what I said so that mjg might check and find out.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on July 20, 2021, 07:47:11 pm by drfchound »
Double jab doesn’t mean you can’t get the virus and 60% of people in hospital have been double jabbed , so use your head and continue to wear a mask

Have 60% of people in hospital with covid been double jabbed.

No

I know. See previous post.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on July 20, 2021, 08:51:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

If I had that mentality, I'd never be able to do my job and I'd go bust.

I get that Nudga and I'm on your side over this. But you're not exercising personal responsibility here. You've been given zero choice.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on October 31, 2021, 09:27:17 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Should Rovers use the vaccine passport to make it safe in the ground.  I think they should

It wouldn't be safer in the ground if everyone had vaccine passports. To not accept this reality is kind of what us sensible people are up against really.

I will just say i am exempt. It is illegal for venues to ask me why and to ask me to prove my exemption. They have to let me in by law without any evidence needing to be provided. This is on the Gov.uk website.

Nobody needs a double jab to be able to get in places. Just use the current discrimination laws in your favour.

All these youngster who think they need the jab to be able to access venues have been bribed when they can all just claim exemption on the door and they have to be let in. They don't need the jab to be able to 'enjoy their freedoms' as the adverts horrifyingly say.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 09:31:55 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on November 01, 2021, 09:43:17 am by ravenrover »

It wouldn't be safer in the ground if everyone had vaccine passports. To not accept this reality is kind of what us sensible people are up against really.

I will just say i am exempt. It is illegal for venues to ask me why and to ask me to prove my exemption. They have to let me in by law without any evidence needing to be provided. This is on the Gov.uk website.

Nobody needs a double jab to be able to get in places. Just use the current discrimination laws in your favour.

All these youngster who think they need the jab to be able to access venues have been bribed when they can all just claim exemption on the door and they have to be let in. They don't need the jab to be able to 'enjoy their freedoms' as the adverts horrifyingly say.
Lifted from the Gov webpage
The NHS COVID Pass lets individuals share their COVID-19 vaccination records or test results in a secure way.

You may need to demonstrate your COVID status to:

work or volunteer in a care home regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) from 11 November 2021
be exempt from self-isolating for 10 days if you are a close contact of somebody with a confirmed case of COVID-19
enter venues and events in England that require the NHS COVID Pass as a condition of entry
be exempt from quarantine and completing a test on day 8 if you travel from a country that’s not on the red list
Can you lift and paste the bit where it says you don't have to prove exemption?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on November 01, 2021, 10:34:59 am by drfchound »
I would have thought that a business would have the right to decide for themselves whether or not to allow someone to enter their premises.
Are they not allowed to ask for proof of vaccination before allowing prospective customers through the door.
A bit like a landlord refusing to serve a customer who he believes is already drunk.
Genuine question.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on November 01, 2021, 12:43:46 pm by ravenrover »
Whilst on holiday in Cornwall in September the local farm shop had a sign up.
Masks must be worn when entering the premises, we don't do unable to wear one.
Click and collect is available if you can't/don't wear a mask

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on November 01, 2021, 12:51:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Similar to the lass who runs the Chinese takeaway near us. She's got a big sign that says "I'm immunocompromised. If you can't wear a mask for 30 seconds, don't come in here."

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on November 01, 2021, 01:47:26 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
'Your customers may declare a medical exemption directly with you. You and your staff should not ask for evidence of the exemption'

'It is not mandatory for an individual to wear a visual cue to outline they are exempt. You should not ask these individuals to demonstrate their COVID 19 status through the NHS App'

Excerpts taken from the EXEMPTIONS section of GOV.UK.

Basically it is unlawful under the Equality Act 2010 for any business owner or staff member to ask why someone is exempt or ask them to prove it. If someone says they are then they cannot be denied access by law under that regulation whatever.

Anyone denies me access to their business and i will ask them again if they are sure they want to do that and if they insist then they'll go straight to a lawsuit. I am actually exempt from vaccination anyway although i have had the first jab. Won't ever be having any more though.

Businesses need to know the law and tread very carefully indeed - or there are consequences.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 01:49:41 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on November 01, 2021, 02:53:03 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Whilst on holiday in Cornwall in September the local farm shop had a sign up.
Masks must be worn when entering the premises, we don't do unable to wear one.
Click and collect is available if you can't/don't wear a mask

Unable to wear one is different to won't wear one.

If you say you are unable to wear one due to exemption, then the business owner has no legal right to refuse entry to the shop based on the mask policy and they are breaking the law.

I live near to Buxton and there is a nice place called Poole's Cavern there which are underground caves and they insist on mask wearing. We told them that we wouldn't be booking to visit out of principle but they agreed that they had no way of stopping us all walking around without masks if we had said we were exempt.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on November 01, 2021, 03:51:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
CDH.

I'll give you the number of the woman who runs our Chinese takeaway and you can call her and explain.

Good luck. She scares the living shite out of me with the way she looks at me when I haven't got the right change for my order.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on November 01, 2021, 05:32:35 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Take her to the cleaners through the courts Billy. Not a leg to stand on. They are just ignorant f**kers thinking they make their own rules up lol.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on November 01, 2021, 05:37:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ignorant f**kers? Someone who is immunocompromised and having to work within inches of people who, left to their own devices, could not be bothered to take the tiniest precaution to assist someone else?

I know who I would save that label for.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on November 01, 2021, 06:13:43 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
They can close their business or do deliveries or collection from outside. So yes. Ignorant f**kers expecting others to wear a mask because they are poorly. That's sad obviously but people have a right to live their lives how they want to and that includes not being told (illegally) to wear a f**king mask.

Capiche?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on November 01, 2021, 06:22:43 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Need to stop pussyfooting about here. I have an illness that leaves me susceptible to viruses but unlike others, i accept that one day i am going to die. I don't want to dictate to others how they should live their lives to protect me. This is how we've got into this f**king guilt tripping mess in the first place.

Do i ask everyone to wear a mask to make me feel safer? How f**king selfish is that?!!

See the wood for the trees Billy lad. Grow a pair and accept the minor illness. Worry more about the twenty other things more likely to get you mate. Cancer, stroke, heart attack, car accident etc.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 06:25:00 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on November 02, 2021, 09:14:59 am by ravenrover »
So if you rock up to some place that has mask wearing as a condition of entry as long as they don't ask you why you are exempt they can f@#k you off?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on November 02, 2021, 04:32:05 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I have no idea what you are on about with that post tbh. Makes no sense.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on November 02, 2021, 05:04:45 pm by wilts rover »
Need to stop pussyfooting about here. I have an illness that leaves me susceptible to viruses but unlike others, i accept that one day i am going to die. I don't want to dictate to others how they should live their lives to protect me. This is how we've got into this f**king guilt tripping mess in the first place.

Do i ask everyone to wear a mask to make me feel safer? How f**king selfish is that?!!

See the wood for the trees Billy lad. Grow a pair and accept the minor illness. Worry more about the twenty other things more likely to get you mate. Cancer, stroke, heart attack, car accident etc.

You are correct in that one day we are all going to die. What you dont have though is the right to decide to take as many other people as possible with you by infecting them with a deadly virus.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on November 02, 2021, 06:24:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What gets me (on a day when the 7 day average of daily deaths has topped 160) is how folk crow about how they won't wear masks. Like it's some sort of brave action they are taking. Something we should applaud in them.

Should we applaud somebody who has 8 points then drives home? Because it's their f**king right to do as they please.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on November 02, 2021, 08:25:09 pm by ravenrover »
I have no idea what you are on about with that post tbh. Makes no sense.
Mmmm!

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on November 02, 2021, 08:32:16 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

You are correct in that one day we are all going to die. What you dont have though is the right to decide to take as many other people as possible with you by infecting them with a deadly virus.

Deadly virus lololololol. It's not f**king ebola man!

Have you ever passed the flu onto anyone during your lifetime. My guess would be yes. Hypocritical simpleton.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on November 02, 2021, 08:34:14 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
What gets me (on a day when the 7 day average of daily deaths has topped 160) is how folk crow about how they won't wear masks. Like it's some sort of brave action they are taking. Something we should applaud in them.

Should we applaud somebody who has 8 points then drives home? Because it's their f**king right to do as they please.

It's not a brave action. We aren't plagued by irrational fear over a minor virus, so there is nothing to be brave about. Bravery is shown when you are frightened of something.

If i don't want to wear a mask then i won't. It is my decision to make, not others.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012