Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:38:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Labour party  (Read 3720 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Labour party
« on July 21, 2021, 01:26:22 am by bpoolrover »
https://inews.co.uk/opinion/labour-finances-keir-starmer-party-redundancies-crisis-1112346/amp Let's forget the tories for a minute as every post is still attacking them or saying how bad they are, after all this time do you not think you should change tact and sort your own party out, the poll on this link has labour 13 points behind, why not change?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Labour party
« Reply #1 on July 21, 2021, 02:47:37 am by SydneyRover »
feel free to post whatever you wish bp, the only people that seem complain about what is posted or what is said or the grammar appear to be from your branch of the political sphere and the associated fan club

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 21, 2021, 06:25:42 am by godlike1 »
It does seem like this is the tome now that any party which had a leader with passion and direction would tear the tories apart. What do we have then................? Yup were f**ked

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 21, 2021, 06:36:37 am by SydneyRover »
When you look at what the tories have put the country through for the past 10 years and the main reaction is a stifled yawn by those that can't be arsed to vote and those that want more of the same, what is the answer?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 21, 2021, 07:42:50 am by drfchound »
I would think that a good place to start would be for the LP to put its own house in order, appoint a leader who can actually lead and adopt policies that appeal to the electorate but be real objectives rather than pie in the sky ones.
Then some Labour supporters might consider not slagging off anyone who has a different opinion to them.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 21, 2021, 08:04:33 am by SydneyRover »
I would think that a good place to start would be for the LP to put its own house in order, appoint a leader who can actually lead and adopt policies that appeal to the electorate but be real objectives rather than pie in the sky ones.
Then some Labour supporters might consider not slagging off anyone who has a different opinion to them.

Good suggestion hound, would you like to flesh out what some of those things might be, what would appeal to you?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 21, 2021, 09:24:15 am by drfchound »

Good suggestion hound, would you like to flesh out what some of those things might be, what would appeal to you?

But that is the point SR.
It is for the LP to do, from the top.
Not for me to do.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 21, 2021, 09:25:17 am by selby »
  Get people like yourself and some other disciples to vote Tory, and then we might get our Labour Party back.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 21, 2021, 09:29:27 am by SydneyRover »

Not for me to do.

I beg to differ hound, labour supporters are obviously getting it wrong, If you could define what it would take for someone unlikely to vote labour ever to change their mind it could be a deal breaker, don't you think?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 21, 2021, 09:37:53 am by drfchound »

Not for me to do.

I beg to differ hound, labour supporters are obviously getting it wrong, If you could define what it would take for someone unlikely to vote labour ever to change their mind it could be a deal breaker, don't you think?

You are doing your best to prove my point.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 21, 2021, 09:43:16 am by SydneyRover »

Not for me to do.

Please point to where I have seemingly offended you hound, am I correct in what I say?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 21, 2021, 10:00:39 am by drfchound »

Not for me to do.

Please point to where I have seemingly offended you hound, am I correct in what I say?

I don’t know why you would say that.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 21, 2021, 10:02:18 am by SydneyRover »

Not for me to do.

Is this going to be another accusation levelled at me from you going unsubstantiated hound?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 21, 2021, 10:13:59 am by drfchound »

Not for me to do.

Is this going to be another accusation levelled at me from you going unsubstantiated hound?

I really have no idea what you are on about.
Where have I said you have offended me.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 21, 2021, 10:16:34 am by SydneyRover »

Not for me to do.

So why this ''You are doing your best to prove my point'' instead of answering the question, what does it mean? Have you got an answer?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 21, 2021, 10:27:22 am by drfchound »

Not for me to do.

So why this ''You are doing your best to prove my point'' instead of answering the question, what does it mean? Have you got an answer?

So by saying that you are reading into it that I said you have offended me?
Jeeeez.
No hope for some.
I will leave this now because you are (in my opinion) looking for an argument.
FWIIW I did answer the question you posed and told you that it isn’t for me to come up with solutions for the LP.

Bye.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 21, 2021, 10:31:46 am by SydneyRover »

Not for me to do.

Jeeeez.
No hope for some.
FWIIW I did answer the question you posed and told you that it isn’t for me to come up with solutions for the LP.

Bye.

This is good training for dentistry aye, please don't complain about my posts any time soon hound when your are not interested in the least in discussing a topic in good faith.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 21, 2021, 10:43:20 am by Herbert Anchovy »
https://inews.co.uk/opinion/labour-finances-keir-starmer-party-redundancies-crisis-1112346/amp Let's forget the tories for a minute as every post is still attacking them or saying how bad they are, after all this time do you not think you should change tact and sort your own party out, the poll on this link has labour 13 points behind, why not change?

I’m not sure that opinion polls are an accurate barometer of opinion anymore. If you look at this poll from Survation yesterday it tells a slightly different story:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1417560481628311554

Re the Labour Party, it’s been challenging for them as I guess they’ve wanted to show some ‘national unity’ during Covid so openly holding the government to account has been difficult. However, I’ve noticed that Starmer has recently begun to proactively attack Johnson more fluidly which is what most Labour supporters have been crying out for. Johnson really is an open goal for Starmer and he needs to continue to take much more advantage of this.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 21, 2021, 11:03:57 am by wesisback »
Could be set to get worse yet as they ostracised more members and potentially, depending where the Unite election goes a reduction in party funding from the Unions.
The party has managed to go from the richest party in Europe to on the brink in a matter of a year.
Whats gone so wrong that they've managed to lose nearly £400'000 a month in membership subs (including mine)?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 11:20:11 am by wesisback »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 21, 2021, 11:26:35 am by drfchound »

Not for me to do.

Jeeeez.
No hope for some.

Bye.

This is good training for dentistry aye, please don't complain about my posts any time soon hound when your are not interested in the least in discussing a topic in good faith.

Can I ask fellow posters if they can spot anywhere in this chat with SR where I have said that I think he has offended me.
I genuinely can’t see where I have done.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 21, 2021, 11:28:51 am by BillyStubbsTears »
What's gone wrong? Maybe a bunch of arrivistes who hijacked the party and took it to its worst election defeat for 85 years have decided to go home in a huff? Just a guess.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 21, 2021, 11:46:09 am by wesisback »
You say they took it to defeat, I say the Party machine worked bloody hard to ensure it was defeated.
How could anyone trust Keith with the economy when he can't even look after the Labour bank account?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 21, 2021, 11:57:55 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Always somebody else's fault with the Left isn't it? You reckon the Party Machinery was responsible for Labour hitting 18% in the polls two years ago? Or (just maybe) it was Corbyn's sixth form common room level handling of Salisbury, anti-Semitism and Brexit?

But here's a thing. When he was destroying the credibility of the party like that, some of us didn't take our toys home. Some of us argued the toss while remaining members.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 21, 2021, 02:40:46 pm by wesisback »
Are you kidding?
All I've heard for the last 6 months is excuse after excuse for Labours stuttering position in terms of polls, by-elections and leaking members.
Nobody who's moved away is returning, a fairly big chunk of people who were Labour aren't sticking a vote in their box either.
We've had over a year of a pandemic being handled like an absolute shit show, public money being coughed up to mates hand over fist and a Brexit that is on the verge of crashing a massive chunk of our economy and yet people would still have more faith in Boris than Keith (considerably so).
I've been checking some of the majorities across our local area recently that still have a Labour MP sat in them and its clear there won't be a single one left after the next election.
The likes of yourself, Flint, Ian Austin and Kinnock the younger will still be blaming Corbyn and the Left though, of that I'm quite sure.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 21, 2021, 02:49:23 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Always somebody else's fault with the Left isn't it?

Don't you see the irony? You're literally blaming the left for Starmer doing shit. :laugh:

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 21, 2021, 02:59:34 pm by Metalmicky »
We've had over a year of a pandemic being handled like an absolute shit show, public money being coughed up to mates hand over fist and a Brexit that is on the verge of crashing a massive chunk of our economy and yet people would still have more faith in Boris than Keith (considerably so).
sure.

Who Keith...... is he new Labour...?   :whistle:

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 21, 2021, 03:14:19 pm by belton rover »

Not for me to do.

Jeeeez.
No hope for some.

Bye.

Read your first post on this thread, Sydney. Then get back to us on discussing in good faith.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 21, 2021, 03:31:21 pm by normal rules »
I do wonder what the future holds for politics, not just in the uk, but globally.
In the coming century, the challenges will be about surviving and living with the effects of climate change. No govt in the world seems to want to accept this, or do anything about it.
They reckon in the next 30 to 50 years, huge swathes of Lincolnshire, where I currently live, will be under water. That’s about 1/2 million people needing rehoming. And Lincolnshire is not alone in this. There are plenty of other areas of the uk at similar risk.
Doncaster could end up being a new coastal town.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 21, 2021, 03:40:07 pm by Metalmicky »
I do wonder what the future holds for politics, not just in the uk, but globally.
In the coming century, the challenges will be about surviving and living with the effects of climate change. No govt in the world seems to want to accept this, or do anything about it.
They reckon in the next 30 to 50 years, huge swathes of Lincolnshire, where I currently live, will be under water. That’s about 1/2 million people needing rehoming. And Lincolnshire is not alone in this. There are plenty of other areas of the uk at similar risk.

Let's hope we're better than Skegness...!

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 21, 2021, 03:44:53 pm by belton rover »

I remember reading something like this when I was much younger. The warning 40 years ago was that in 50 years time, Doncaster would be on the coast.
The reality is even Cleethorpes  still isn’t near the sea most of the time.

I do worry about climate change, but I don’t think I am going to have to put my towel out early to stop Barnsley folk from sitting on my beach.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012