Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:03:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cummings  (Read 947 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Cummings
« on July 21, 2021, 11:53:26 am by BillyStubbsTears »
OK, having watched the interview last night, this goes far above any party politics and any perceived political gain in harming Johnson.

I formed an opinion of Cummings years ago after reading his online rants. I figured he was a highly intelligent person who had a level of arrogance in his own ability that was quite frightening. He was a zealot with what he saw as a mission to bring down the political establishment and re-build it in the way that he thought it ought to be. He used Brexit as the means to cause chaos and division and open up the opportunity to make the changes HE wanted.

And I frequently wondered if I was blowing this up too far.

Go and watch that interview. He's said that in his own words. The man is a maniac and in times not very long ago, he would be on the scaffold for treason.

He said in his own words that the consequence of Brexit was that a Tory Leaver was going to be PM but there were no options that weren't useless. He said he (HE! the omnipotent Dom) considered allowing the Tory party to rip itself apart after Brexit, but then he decided that there was the opportunity for him and an unspecified group of other unelected people to basically run the show.

He said he knew Johnson was a shocking choice for PM but he figured he could use the chaos Johsnon caused to effectively run the show. He said he told Johnson he would work as his election manager but only if Johnson gave him free reign to make the changes he (Cummings) wanted to the country. Changes that were never, ever put to the electorate.

He said that in the Brexit campaign and afterwards, his main strategy was to whip up the opposition into a frenzy by causing chaos (the lies during the campaign, the illegal proroguing of Parliament, the setting up of the Establishment as the enemy). It wasn't about informing the electorate, it was about creating a tribal atmosphere.

He said that within days of the 2019 election "we" (he and his secret cabal) were discussing how to get rid of Johnson as PM and replace him with someone. He was repeatedly asked if he ever reflected on that and what it meant about his attitude to democracy and the electorate and his response was effectively "Meh".

Now I get that some of this might be the bragging of an egomaniac, which he certainly is. But most of that chimes precisely with what we know actually happened at the times in question. What is astonishing is hearing the man come out with it in his own words, with apparently no sense of what he is actually saying. He more than anyone else in the last five years has carved out the great splits in the UK population. He did it knowingly because he knew better than anyone else what needed to be done. He did it with contempt for democracy and for the electorate, who were simply a means to an end to get hi into power. And then when he lost a power struggle with Johnson's latest girlfriend, he f**ked off in a huff and left the rest of us to put the country back together again.

I said years ago that the thought of him getting anywhere near power scared the shite out of me. He is a truly evil man (in the sense that there is no level of damage he won't inflict to see his own aims achieved) and he stands as a lesson on how flimsy democracy is when someone like him is prepared to chance his arm.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 12:42:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Cummings
« Reply #1 on July 21, 2021, 12:08:40 pm by SydneyRover »
Thanks Billy, haven't yet seen it with only basic internet atm, but it is quite revealing that Britain was running for a while by someone that couldn't make his mind up which way to go about brexit and another saying that no ones knows if it was the right decision.

As always the tories know the best option they have is to split the nation and hence the vote to hold power, if you look back over the years they have managed that very well.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 21, 2021, 01:06:11 pm by Pancho Regan »
It was quite astonishing that interview. And very frightening.

To me, it showed the weakness, incompetence, cowardice and utter selfishness of those at the top of the Tory Party, Boris in particular, that allowed an individual like Cummings to infiltrate the machinery of Government and exert such influence.

Utterly frightening to anyone who cares about democracy.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 21, 2021, 01:49:13 pm by dickos1 »
Thanks Billy, haven't yet seen it with only basic internet atm, but it is quite revealing that Britain was running for a while by someone that couldn't make his mind up which way to go about brexit and another saying that no ones knows if it was the right decision.

As always the tories know the best option they have is to split the nation and hence the vote to hold power, if you look back over the years they have managed that very well.

As billy said that interview goes far beyond any party politics.
The man is a lunatic

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 21, 2021, 02:35:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I've sussed out a mannerism in his approach to answering questions that is a dead giveaway - Whenever he's lying or at least being deceitful he covers his mouth with his hand.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 21, 2021, 03:05:28 pm by Metalmicky »
I've sussed out a mannerism in his approach to answering questions that is a dead giveaway - Whenever he's lying or at least being deceitful he covers his mouth with his hand.

I noticed that also...... I'd love some body language expert to do an analysis of his interviews...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 03:26:59 pm by Metalmicky »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 21, 2021, 03:07:55 pm by drfchound »
Yep, I thought just the same.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 21, 2021, 03:32:42 pm by belton rover »
I’ve never been totally convinced by body language. I think it can be easily manipulated. Having said that, though, I too watched last night and thought him to be a body language expert’s dream. Cummings could be the first topic on here for a while where everyone agrees exactly the kind of person he is. Although we probably won’t all agree on when he should be listened to and when he should be shot.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 21, 2021, 03:40:58 pm by normal rules »
I’ve been considering if he has admitted to criminal offences here. In the US, I’m pretty sure he has admitted, right there, to what they call Seditious Conspiracy.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 21, 2021, 03:44:46 pm by normal rules »
In fact, there was a common law offence of sedition, but it was abolished in 2010. Lucky old Cummings.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 21, 2021, 05:09:35 pm by Pancho Regan »

I thought the same BB, I mentioned this to my wife.

Also, was anyone else irritated as I was by Laura Kuenssberg looking away from Cummings as she was building her questions? Or was it just the camera angle? She seemed to spend ages gazing nowhere in particular until turning to look him in the eye only as she finished the questions.

To be fair, some of her questions were good, but I couldn't help thinking what Robin Day or Jeremy Paxman would have done with Cummings. I bet he'd have lost his smirk.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 21, 2021, 08:32:43 pm by Dagenham Rover »
tbh as soon as i saw Laura  whatshername  doing the interviewing I couldn't be bothered!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 21, 2021, 11:20:31 pm by SydneyRover »
In part of the interview from the bbc here, cummings is explaining 'in all honesty' it appears that they used NI as part of a political fix to get brexit done and rid themselves of a political opponent

https://www.bbc.com/news/politics

not sure how long it will be available on this link

following a bit further down the page in parliament by

''Colum Eastwood asked the NI secretary why he thought anyone in Northern Ireland would trust the UK government''

that's a good question.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 11:28:02 pm by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 21, 2021, 11:43:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
There's the link.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57911148

Absolute shambles. Just like anyone who ever thought about the Irish issue knew it would be.

Once we left the SM and CU there HAD to be a border in Ireland or in the Irish Sea.

Johnson and Cummings chose the latter. Then they lied about what they had signed up to. Now it's the EU's fault.

An absolute shit show.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 22, 2021, 01:19:10 am by SydneyRover »
I must say I find it mildly amusing that the usual peanut gallery, normally up in arms at any suggestion that they have been referred to as aged or vaguely pink in the brexit debate are not here tearing down the man that regularly abuses them for being non-u, has said that he doesn't care if they are ploughed back in to help grow next seasons crops. Proof in writing that he doesn't give an actual shit about whether you live or die, aye?

Also on a similar theme we have what amounts to the closest thing to political proof that you would ever expect to see, the two architects of the afore mentioned brexit didn't give an actual f**k about the result or consequences, the whole thing was a straw man wedge to get your vote to achieve a political agenda ............... do you feel slightly used, slightly soiled at all?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 22, 2021, 08:21:01 am by belton rover »
Sydney. Are these questions just for the over 80s?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 22, 2021, 08:55:45 am by SydneyRover »
why would you think that belton?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 22, 2021, 09:11:56 am by belton rover »
Because, as usual, your post makes little sense.

For example, if not the over 80s, who are the ‘you’ in this statement:

‘he doesn't give an actual shit about whether you live or die, aye?’
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 09:15:00 am by belton rover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 22, 2021, 09:17:36 am by SydneyRover »
If my post makes little sense I don't see the point in explaining to you belton, now where's the ignore button again?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 22, 2021, 09:29:40 am by belton rover »
Please, press it.

But if you don’t, here’s another question:

Who are the peanut gallery you refer to (to be clear, I know WHAT the definition is, but not who they are in your insular cryptic world)?

Justin case Sydney does press the ‘ignore’ button (like his idol pretends to have done), can anyone else have a go at deciphering his nonsense?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012