Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:28:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Fan Led Review - the initial report  (Read 2486 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: The Fan Led Review - the initial report
« Reply #30 on July 23, 2021, 01:25:28 pm by Metalmicky »
Reports mean nothing until the core reason why clubs are going under is addressed.
Players wages.

Last year rovers paid Josh Sims 10 grand a WEEK!
Matt Smith 9k a week.
Ellery Balcombe 8300 a week.
The list goes on.

Too right............... I heard that the kit man was on £5k a week and the catering girls at Cantley were on £2k a week plus expenses...  :whistle:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 23, 2021, 01:27:21 pm by scawsby steve »
Reports mean nothing until the core reason why clubs are going under is addressed.
Players wages.

Matt Smith 9k a week.
The list goes on.

Sunderland paying 19k a week to one of their players.
It’s been going on for far far too many years.
Football continues to eat itself from within and the players are at the very centre of all of this.
How can we live in a world where a footballer gets paid more than a brain surgeon?
Utter , utter madness.
More clubs will fold.
Players wages will continue to rise.
More reports will be written.
Nothing will change.

If you asked Bury FC fans if they would have been happy to keep their club alive but with a bunch of kids from the local town playing for £50 a week each at the bottom of the pyramid, I think I know what they would  choose.

Sorry, NR, but that's just a load of b*ll*cks. Are you seriously suggesting that Rovers could afford to pay nearly £30,000 a week for just 3 players, who are only on loan anyway?

Someone's been feeding you porkies. Rovers often pay very little towards these kind of loans, let alone 50% of their salary.

I believe Rovers' budget to be around £3 million a season. Do the maths.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 01:34:03 pm by scawsby steve »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 23, 2021, 02:38:13 pm by silent majority »
By the way, if anybody wants to read, or download the FSA submission to the FLR, you can do so here, but bear in mind it runs to 226 pages;

https://thefsa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/FSA-FLR-Evidence-Submission-v3-DIGITAL.pdf

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 23, 2021, 03:03:40 pm by Axholme Lion »
Players wages.

Matt Smith 9k a week.
The list goes on.

Sunderland paying 19k a week to one of their players.
It’s been going on for far far too many years.
Football continues to eat itself from within and the players are at the very centre of all of this.
How can we live in a world where a footballer gets paid more than a brain surgeon?
Utter , utter madness.
More clubs will fold.
Players wages will continue to rise.
More reports will be written.
Nothing will change.

If you asked Bury FC fans if they would have been happy to keep their club alive but with a bunch of kids from the local town playing for £50 a week each at the bottom of the pyramid, I think I know what they would  choose.

I'd rather see my club pay players a 'normal wage' and be in the lower end of the EFL than pay the stupid amounts they do pay and still achieve nothing. We all know that most clubs will not be successful so what's the point in blowing money you haven't got on chasing the impossible?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 23, 2021, 08:09:47 pm by ravenrover »
Which club is "your club" AL?

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 24, 2021, 06:42:58 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Reading the very sensible fan comments alongside some of the crazy statements and decisions made by owners over the years is evidence enough enough of the need to change. My focus would be to improve owner suitability tests and make the financial fair play regulations bite. Both these areas are in dire need of reform.

It also strikes me that in many ways DFRC/Club Doncaster are the very model that others should emulate.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012