Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:21:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Off-Off topic Challenge ..... Are you bold enough  (Read 3407 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: The Off-Off topic Challenge ..... Are you bold enough
« Reply #30 on July 30, 2021, 01:36:52 pm by dickos1 »
  people making money out of it.

Is this overall across the board or specific areas do you think, how can I include it in my list as a factor?

As has been pointed out, you’ve changed the figures to suit your point of view.
So because of that, I’m out

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 30, 2021, 01:44:06 pm by SydneyRover »

Is this overall across the board or specific areas do you think, how can I include it in my list as a factor?

What are you talking about dickos, be a bit more specific please.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 30, 2021, 01:50:51 pm by selby »
 Factor in the price of the Moderna, Pfizer and other pharma vaccines compared with the Astra Zenica vaccines prices and the countries especially in Europe that will not use it so much when you compare costs Syd, is it good management to over pay because of pride and jealousy, which the EU unelected bureaucrats have shown in abundance.
   The actual figures of fatality are another bone of contention with countries having different ways of accepting the deaths, as we consider deaths with Covid mainly due to other factors, France and Germany do not, is it even correct to have a success table so to speak, which is always open to manipulation by government, France being a prime example.
 I'l let you decide that, no doubt you will have your own slant on it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 30, 2021, 01:59:10 pm by SydneyRover »
Factor in the price of the Moderna, Pfizer and other pharma vaccines compared with the Astra Zenica vaccines prices and the countries especially in Europe that will not use it so much when you compare costs Syd, is it good management to over pay because of pride and jealousy, which the EU unelected bureaucrats have shown in abundance.
   The actual figures of fatality are another bone of contention with countries having different ways of accepting the deaths, as we consider deaths with Covid mainly due to other factors, France and Germany do not, is it even correct to have a success table so to speak, which is always open to manipulation by government, France being a prime example.

Are you saying the cost of the vaccines contributed to the numbers of deaths in the UK? I'm going to have to put mire staff on I can see that.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 30, 2021, 02:02:22 pm by SydneyRover »
1/ failure to close the borders.
2/ lack of PPE.
3/NHS
4/Cygnus
5/Test & Trace
6/Cronyism tbd

Have put down item '6' but as with most it will have to be flesh out.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 30, 2021, 03:47:00 pm by dickos1 »

Metalmickey has already spelt it out to you

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 30, 2021, 04:40:36 pm by selby »
 One in four hospitalisations with Covid are admitted for other medical reasons originally.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 30, 2021, 06:55:52 pm by wilts rover »

You sure about that Selby? I thought the UK only counted death within 28 days of a test - where France and Germany counted any death with covid?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 30, 2021, 11:14:20 pm by SydneyRover »

Metalmickey has already spelt it out to you

Oh that, MM has demanded that he changes the way the worldometer has been set up since its inception, I don't want to change anything that has been used the same way since the virus his, what happens if someone else comes along and demands change because he doesn't agree with how deaths are recorded or what colour the sky is, we can make a note at the end that reflects on how many countries have populations lower than 1m as you can offer what you think a fair factor of adjustment would be for population densities against all the other countries on the list.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 30, 2021, 11:27:57 pm by dickos1 »
No,
You said we had the 5th highest death rate, when in reality it’s the 20th.
Anyhow you have duly edited your post now in acknowledgement of your error.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 30, 2021, 11:35:52 pm by SydneyRover »
No,
You said we had the 5th highest death rate, when in reality it’s the 20th.
Anyhow you have duly edited your post now in acknowledgement of your error.

Yes it is now but we have to decide when the cut off point is, 5th was the worst it ever got to and if you care to read the title of the thread it tells you exactly what the thread is about, if you don't wish to lend your expertise to a non political thread, your choice dickos but you can see already that political angst is not a part of it 

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 30, 2021, 11:39:32 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
time to claim my £5

about 8 years ago I remember a Rovers fan (broad Yorkshire accent) who claimed to be a  "train driver" ringing Radio Sheffield as he was emigrating to Sydney .

Surely there can't be two of you time to claim my £5 me thinx

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 30, 2021, 11:44:23 pm by SydneyRover »
time to claim my £5

about 8 years ago I remember a Rovers fan (broad Yorkshire accent) who claimed to be a  "train driver" ringing Radio Sheffield as he was emigrating to Sydney .

Surely there can't be two of you time to claim my £5 me thinx

You got me bang to rights CLH I did have a train set years ago.

added, was it living in yorkshire and having a yorkshire accent that exposed me?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 11:48:07 pm by SydneyRover »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 31, 2021, 12:10:13 am by dickos1 »
There’s only one chap who likes to turn every subject into a party political borefest.

There should never be a cut off point, the only point when it would be a good time to look back and see who managed the chaos better than the next country is when it’s all over.
There are countries that won’t even have found the peak of their cases yet, Australia for example.
Choosing a cut off point so it fits your point of view  doesn’t work I’m afraid.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on July 31, 2021, 12:24:57 am by SydneyRover »
There’s only one chap who likes to turn every subject into a party political borefest.

There should never be a cut off point, the only point when it would be a good time to look back and see who managed the chaos better than the next country is when it’s all over.
There are countries that won’t even have found the peak of their cases yet, Australia for example.
Choosing a cut off point so it fits your point of view  doesn’t work I’m afraid.

And then there is dickos forever apologising for an inept government that can't or won't face the truth. I'm trying to keep this a-political you are trying your best not to have a thread on the subject at all.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 12:45:47 am by SydneyRover »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 31, 2021, 07:49:39 am by dickos1 »
I’m not apologising for anyone!
But how can you dissect and analyse something when we’re still in the middle of it.
As I said the only time to look back and analyse which countries managed the whole thing better than or worse than anyone else is when it’s all over, not in the midst of it all.

Who knows what state each country will be in next year.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 31, 2021, 07:51:26 am by drfchound »
That is far too logical Dickos.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 31, 2021, 08:20:09 am by SydneyRover »
I’m not apologising for anyone!
But how can you dissect and analyse something when we’re still in the middle of it.
As I said the only time to look back and analyse which countries managed the whole thing better than or worse than anyone else is when it’s all over, not in the midst of it all.

Who knows what state each country will be in next year.

You sound more like the government every day dickos, let's not have an inquiry we're much too busy, but not too busy to introduce voting ID, not too busy to introduce protest restrictions, not too busy ............ etc I get the feeling it will be like the inquiry into blood plasma scandal and Hillsborough, kick into the long grass aye?

If you need any help with your answers, hound is always just a comment away dickos.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 31, 2021, 08:54:03 am by dickos1 »
There u go again!
Where did I say anything about an enquiry?
I think you’re getting yourself in a muddle.

An enquiry into what we could’ve done better is not analysing which country has done better than another.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on July 31, 2021, 09:21:23 am by SydneyRover »
There u go again!
Where did I say anything about an enquiry?
I think you’re getting yourself in a muddle.

An enquiry into what we could’ve done better is not analysing which country has done better than another.

Come on dickos keep up, I've been calling for an inquiry and as it's not forthcoming I'm having an Off Off topic one.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 31, 2021, 09:23:25 am by Metalmicky »
Can I suggest we leave Sydney to his little thread................. his utterly pointless little thread.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on July 31, 2021, 09:26:51 am by SydneyRover »
You didn't get back to me MM I assume you got it incorrect.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 31, 2021, 12:00:08 pm by dickos1 »
You didn't get back to me MM I assume you got it incorrect.

There’s plenty of things you never get back to people on once you realise you’re spouting nonsense

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 31, 2021, 12:16:56 pm by SydneyRover »
hound speaks for you, you speak for pud and MM, no thoughts of your own?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 31, 2021, 12:26:46 pm by Sprotyrover »
We are the victims of greed, 20 years ago with the likes of SARS we sat back smugly and laughed because it was on the other side of the world, then The University's cottoned on to the Chinese rush for higher education in English speaking countries, they were pouring in,My son worked at the home office and tells me of everybody having to down tools in various departments and man the visa desks to cope with the September 'Gold Rush' as the registration of Chinese students was called. When Covid Pooped up in China we were all caught on the wrong foot as we assumed it would run out its course in China, within days it was here and spreading its merry way around the country.45,000 flying in from China every week.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 31, 2021, 01:36:09 pm by dickos1 »

:lol: :lol:
You’re crackers mate

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 31, 2021, 02:51:53 pm by drfchound »

:lol: :lol:
You’re crackers mate

Desperation creeping in. 

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 31, 2021, 05:24:18 pm by DonnyNoel »
As of topic politics always appear to be fraught drama and especially when it comes to covid I thought I would post tada ........ The Challenge.

All you have to do is explain why the UK being one of the wealthiest groups of countries in the world has experienced one the of the worst death rates in the world. Please provide credible expert commentary and links to support your replies.

Sorry mate but this is tiresome and embarrassing. I'm of above average intelligence yet I do look to this forum and another football forum to try and get up to speed on Covid (maybe that's where I'm going wrong) but not only do I have to wade through 10 posts on the main Covid thread to glean one useful piece of information due to backbiting on both sides but now you've starting another goady thread for people to have a sub-battle. I'm not disagreeing on your overall stance but what a pointless thread.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on July 31, 2021, 09:50:15 pm by SydneyRover »
The thread has done it's job the findings are there for all to see, it was to confirm those that were never interesting in the truth and sorting out a few sheep from goats, those that pretend to want the truth but do everything to thwart it coming out, but thank for you comment.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 01, 2021, 05:25:25 pm by belton rover »
The thread has done it's job the findings are there for all to see, it was to confirm those that were never interesting in the truth and sorting out a few sheep from goats, those that pretend to want the truth but do everything to thwart it coming out, but thank for you comment.

It certainly confirms something, but not what you’d like to think.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012