Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:41:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TO TAKE THE KNEE OR NOT TO TAKE THE KNEE  (Read 6734 times)

aidanstu

• Forum Member
Re: TO TAKE THE KNEE OR NOT TO TAKE THE KNEE
« Reply #90 on August 05, 2021, 01:17:28 pm by aidanstu »
Thing is, Blm are a bat shit crazy Marxist organisation, and I think the club should distance itself from .

There are many other ways to campaign against racism without cowtowing to those lunatics .

So you even know what Marxism is ? It is essentially an economic therory if reducing the wealth gap between rich and poor. What on earth has this got to do with BLM beyond trying to achieve greater equality? You sound like the front page of the Daily Mail.

I’m guessing you’re not a member of the bourgeoisie so what would you have against Marxism in any event?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 01:27:44 pm by aidanstu »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on August 05, 2021, 01:25:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Redandwhite is a batshit crazy Harpo Marxist. :silly:

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on August 05, 2021, 01:30:03 pm by Redandwhite »
Thing is, Blm are a bat shit crazy Marxist organisation, and I think the club should distance itself from .

There are many other ways to campaign against racism without cowtowing to those lunatics .

So you even know what Marxism is ? It is essentially an economic therory if reducing the wealth gap between rich and poor. What on earth has this got to do with BLM beyond trying to achieve greater equality? You sound like the front page of the Daily Mail.

That all sounds nice and wooley .
But it's the methods of achieving this that Marxists advocate, that are unfeasible. 
Have a read about it, and some political views of the blm organisation.

Being anti racist and being part of blm are 2 very different things .

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on August 05, 2021, 01:32:42 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

But it's the methods of achieving this that Marxists advocate, that are unfeasible. 

How about you telling us what makes them 'Marxist' in your eyes? Because I'd be amazed if it's anything to do with Marx.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on August 05, 2021, 01:33:10 pm by Axholme Lion »
There will be plenty of booing. The last time i checked it wasn't illegal.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on August 05, 2021, 01:44:52 pm by aidanstu »

You really do not have a clue what you are on about. Read Das Kapital or Haralambos if you need it dumbing down before your go on your Marxists rants again. You’re about as informed in that subject as you are on oppression of black people. Boo all you want at least the rest of us will know who the thick, ignorant racists are we need to avoid.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on August 05, 2021, 01:49:01 pm by Chris the Rover »
I noticed at the end of last season, there was no kneeling before kick off at the majority of our away games. I think it has outlived its usefulness and is in great danger of becoming counter productive. If it happens on Saturday, I suspect there will be some booing and that this will be replicated at every league ground where taking the knee occurs.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on August 05, 2021, 01:53:44 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Hopefully the clapping will drown out any booing.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on August 05, 2021, 01:53:57 pm by Axholme Lion »

You really do not have a clue what you are on about. Read Das Kapital or Haralambos if you need it dumbing down before your go on your Marxists rants again. You’re about as informed in that subject as you are on oppression of black people. Boo all you want at least the rest of us will know who the thick, ignorant racists are we need to avoid.

Who do you think you are?
Are you some super intelligent life form above the rest of us mere working mortals? I'll bet you're the type who thinks people with degrees should get two votes in elections. Did you vote remain?

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on August 05, 2021, 02:00:55 pm by aidanstu »

Who do you think you are?
Are you some super intelligent life form above the rest of us mere working mortals? I'll bet you're the type who thinks people with degrees should get two votes in elections. Did you vote remain?

No but I DO have at least an ounce of intelligence and I don't start spouting rubbish on subjects I have no idea about. Empty vessels and all that.

I think the fact that I have just essentially said I support Marxism and you accuse me of wanting to act like a member of the bourgeoisie is probably a decent indicator of your level of understanding. I'd go with Haralambos if I were you. :-)

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on August 05, 2021, 02:16:41 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
A Millwall fan showing intolerance, I for one am very shocked

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on August 05, 2021, 02:43:49 pm by Axholme Lion »

Or a Millwall supporter standing up for decent standards.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on August 05, 2021, 02:54:26 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
"I'm only intolerant about things I don't like" :silly:

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on August 05, 2021, 02:59:19 pm by Axholme Lion »

I don't see much tolerance on here to my point of view. Tolerance is a one way thing on here.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on August 05, 2021, 03:02:09 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I don't see much tolerance on here to my point of view. Tolerance is a one way thing on here.

Nobody's booing you!

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on August 05, 2021, 03:05:19 pm by aidanstu »

What "standards" are you referring to?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on August 05, 2021, 03:17:39 pm by Axholme Lion »

Nobody's booing you!

No but i'm having to witness a politcal sideshow just to watch the football.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on August 05, 2021, 03:19:41 pm by Axholme Lion »

The standard of allowing people to have an enjoyable day at the football without having to put up with this toxic sideshow.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on August 05, 2021, 03:21:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Nobody's booing you!

No you're not, you're totally free to close your eyes if anything offends them.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on August 05, 2021, 03:26:08 pm by aidanstu »

The standard of allowing people to have an enjoyable day at the football without having to put up with this toxic sideshow.

It only becomes toxic when people like you find it unenjoyable because of your toxic values. I have no problem with making a racist like you a little uncomfortable and a little offended. Its a weird that you don't want your individual experiences impeded for 8 seconds when you don't mind somebodies whole life being affected by people holding views similar to yours. Snowflake.

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on August 05, 2021, 03:43:31 pm by mattco »
You must be a clueless Marxist, Trotskyite or a paid up Momemtum member as you demonstrate a sneering dislike of anyone who might have a different opinion than you.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on August 05, 2021, 03:47:04 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Nobody's booing you!

Black people not wanting to be racially abused is NOT a political sideshow.

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on August 05, 2021, 03:51:03 pm by Redandwhite »

Wow, your simply clueless and opposed to any viewpoint other than your own blinkered world view  .
Debating with people of your level of intelligence is almost impossible pointless, and counter productive .

I will say this though, Marxism hasn't worked anywhere, ever .....

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on August 05, 2021, 03:52:21 pm by aidanstu »
You must be a clueless Marxist, Trotskyite or a paid up Momemtum member as you demonstrate a sneering dislike of anyone who might have a different opinion than you.

If it is me you are referring to I really don't; I just dislike the views of individuals who spread hate and would like a more divided society. You're argument doesn't even make sense though as Marxism, Momentum and Trotskyism are about greater equality and togetherness; unless of course you believe that right wing bile that is written to the contrary.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on August 05, 2021, 03:53:12 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Wow, your simply clueless and opposed to any viewpoint other than your own blinkered world view  .
Debating with people of your level of intelligence is almost impossible pointless, and counter productive .

Well, I've followed your advice and done some reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter

Not one mention of Marxism that I can find.

Over to you.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on August 05, 2021, 03:53:44 pm by wilts rover »
It never ceases to amaze me how many people who hate Marxism want to see a fairer distribution of money across the football leagues - from the richer clubs to the less well off.

Which is errr...Marxism.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on August 05, 2021, 03:54:49 pm by aidanstu »

Are you referring to Communism or Marxism? Are you able to tell me anywhere in the world where either of these concepts have ever been tried in their true form? No so again just right wing ramblings.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on August 05, 2021, 03:55:33 pm by wilts rover »
And as Jonathan neatly sums up in an earlier post - this thread show exactly why taking the knee as an anti-rascist gesture is still needed.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on August 05, 2021, 03:55:37 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I'd say the Nordic countries are very successful and they're social democracies which is a form of Revisionist Marxism.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on August 05, 2021, 03:55:54 pm by aidanstu »
It never ceases to amaze me how many people who hate Marxism want to see a fairer distribution of money across the football leagues - from the richer clubs to the less well off.

Which is errr...Marxism.

The same people who catch a bus to work whilst their boss gets there in a Range Rover.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012