Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:20:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mask Wearing Tomorrow  (Read 4202 times)

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
Re: Mask Wearing Tomorrow
« Reply #30 on August 06, 2021, 08:20:07 pm by BradwellRover »
Not at all, the sociopaths are those unable to show any empathy towards people who are feeling apprehensive/worried.

Those not wearing masks are just selfish in my opinion.

Does that help to clarify?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 06, 2021, 08:21:06 pm by BradwellRover »
Sarcasm, mockery and self righteous indignation.

It's not exactly going to reassure is it?

How to win friends and influence people...

Indeed

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 06, 2021, 08:29:56 pm by scawsby steve »

Indeed

So you're agreeing with him that your post was full of that?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 06, 2021, 08:33:43 pm by River Don »

Indeed

Now we are really back in the playground.

My dad's bigger than yours.

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 06, 2021, 08:34:57 pm by BradwellRover »

Indeed

Have a good night lovely, enjoy the game tomorrow xxx

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 06, 2021, 08:47:33 pm by scawsby steve »

Indeed

Now we are really back in the playground.

My dad's bigger than yours.

What's your problem, RD? are you having a go at those who won't be wearing masks as well?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 06, 2021, 08:52:28 pm by River Don »
I don't think I'm  "having a go"

Just expressing my dismay at those who can't grasp that mask wearing is only really effective if everyone does it.

If people dont consider others then its hardly surprising if some are put off.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 06, 2021, 09:01:04 pm by scawsby steve »

Just expressing my dismay at those who can't grasp that mask wearing is only really effective if everyone does it.

Don't you want us to get back to any sort of normality, RD? because I can assure you this virus is never going away.

People won't wear masks everywhere for the rest of their lives.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 06, 2021, 09:07:28 pm by River Don »
I'd like to see normality return but just pretending it's gone away doesn't mean normality has returned.

Normality will return eventually.

In SE Asia lots of people have been wearing masks in public for years now, since the first SARS outbreak.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 06, 2021, 09:33:17 pm by RobTheRover »
I wore a mask in the concourse, took it off in my seat, during the friendlies.  Seemed to work well, but noted I was in the minority in the concourse.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 06, 2021, 09:37:33 pm by ravenrover »
I don't give a monkeys what other people think about me wearing my mask, which I have at both home friendlies. It's personal choice. I will not criticise anyone for not wearing a mask.
Sadly I am missing the 1st 2 home games due to prior commitments but each to their own and let's bring home the 3 points

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 06, 2021, 09:49:29 pm by the vicar »
I will have a mask on especially if people come and sit behind me or at the side of me and through the turnstiles and and Concourse

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 06, 2021, 11:10:21 pm by danumdon »
I get the impression that a lot of posters on here feel that wearing a mask will afford them some sort of protection from this virus. The facts are that you require a mask to a standard of a FFP2/3 for it to be of any use to protect yourself, The face coverings that most people are wearing are only really useful in protecting other people from YOU and any substances that may emit from you.

I can understand some people have reservations and concerns about attending any mass gathering for the fear of contacting the virus, it will affect many individuals with underlying conditions far more than the rest of us, it now looks like most people want to try to get their lives back to some sort of normality, this will ensure most will disregard mask wearing. For the vulnerable get yourself a FFP2/3 mask, take all the precautions you feel you need and come to the match, you deserve it after all the crap you've had to deal with over the past 18months.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 06, 2021, 11:19:30 pm by German Rover »
I get the impression that a lot of posters on here feel that wearing a mask will afford them some sort of protection from this virus. The facts are that you require a mask to a standard of a FFP2/3 for it to be of any use to protect yourself, The face coverings that most people are wearing are only really useful in protecting other people from YOU and any substances that may emit from you.

That the key point alot of people are missing. you may be asymptomatic, think your fine and be spreading the virus all over the shop when a simple piece of Fabric could have stopped it transmitting.

Wearing a mask doesn't protect you but it helps to protect everyone around you.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 06, 2021, 11:32:26 pm by SydneyRover »
wearing a boris johnson mask will not, repeat not be regarded as funny.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 06, 2021, 11:47:59 pm by Padge_DRFC »
wearing a boris johnson mask will not, repeat not be regarded as funny.

Cheers Geoff

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 07, 2021, 05:19:53 am by Donnywolf »
I will have a mask on especially if people come and sit behind me or at the side of me and through the turnstiles and and Concourse

Dont forget there are 5 areas being reserved fot those people who want to attend and be socially distanced

You can pre book or ask a Steward on the day

Im suprised no one mentioned this as an "option" above - Ive opted to go in one until I see how the land lies. So travel alone - avoid BVB - get mask on to go in Ground - avoid Kiosks - go in W24 and if I [personally] judge it is "safe" to do so I might take mask off but if not I wont

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/socially-distanced-seating-available-at-keepmoat-stadium/

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 07, 2021, 06:29:18 am by sha66y »
Nice to see the sociopaths out in force tonight.

I’ll be wearing a mask, as I have the ability to empathise with others.

Now we have sociopaths vs Cultists
Looks like the social conditioning strategy has worked….
Welcome to YOUR new normal !

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 07, 2021, 06:54:27 am by GazLaz »
Vicar,

There are quite a lot of older Rovers fans and I dare say quite a few with underlying health conditions. It would be sensible for them, like yourself to take precautions.

I'd like to think others would think of people like that when they make their decision about whether to wear a mask or not. Human nature being what it is I guess quite a few won't think of it.

While this thing is not going away, it's also not the flu and demands some respect. Particularly from the vulnerable.

Its not the flu, but it is very much more like the flu if you are vaccinated.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 07, 2021, 07:40:27 am by SydneyRover »
As vicar said there are risks .....................

''being immunocompromised or having underlying conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, chronic kidney and lung diseases and cancer increase the chances of breakthrough infections and can lead to severe COVID-19. For example, fully vaccinated organ transplant recipients were 82 times more likely to get a breakthrough infection and had a 485-fold higher risk of hospitalization and death after a breakthrough infection compared with the vaccinated general population in one study''

https://theconversation.com/what-is-a-breakthrough-infection-6-questions-answered-about-catching-covid-19-after-vaccination-164909

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 07, 2021, 08:09:46 am by anton123 »
Guys we are going to watch rovers not Man U there will be lots of open spaces for people to isolate let’s not all panic about that , but I guess there will be the one tosser stud in middle of black bank with his mask on complaining about people with out masks on lol , let’s just use common sense and sit in an area where u feel comfortable

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 07, 2021, 08:46:23 am by LincsRover »
Guys we are going to watch rovers not Man U there will be lots of open spaces for people to isolate let’s not all panic about that , but I guess there will be the one tosser stud in middle of black bank with his mask on complaining about people with out masks on lol , let’s just use common sense and sit in an area where u feel comfortable

Exactly Anton, most rovers games I’ve been to over the last few years have been like social distancing - plenty of space to sit with your group. As you say, common sense is needed so if you see a small group who look like they want a bit of space don’t sit next to them/behind them without masks & cough all over them.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 07, 2021, 08:58:28 am by DonnyOsmond »

Don't you want us to get back to any sort of normality, RD? because I can assure you this virus is never going away.

People won't wear masks everywhere for the rest of their lives.

Why does it have to be binary? Why is it we open everything up now and remove all face masks now, or never...? What's the issue with a few weeks or months later?

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 07, 2021, 08:59:17 am by swintonrover »
Just a question for those trying to take a moral high ground over mask wearing (which, I must stress, is not all mask wearers); at what point in the future would you consider it acceptable not wearing a mask? 6 months? 5 years? Covid is never going to go away, it's now endemic. Are you intending to go the rest of your life wearing a mask in public? Not trying to cause trouble, I'm curious.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 07, 2021, 08:59:45 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well, here's some perspective.

At the current infection rate, if 6000 turn up for the match, up to 8 people could be infected.

By the time the next home game comes around, those 8 will have recovered with less than onre of them requiring treatment. Up to 6 fans may be attending the game with covid.

Everyone enjoy the game and respect each others space where possible.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 07, 2021, 09:03:16 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Dont forget there are 5 areas being reserved fot those people who want to attend and be socially distanced

You can pre book or ask a Steward on the day

Im suprised no one mentioned this as an "option" above - Ive opted to go in one until I see how the land lies. So travel alone - avoid BVB - get mask on to go in Ground - avoid Kiosks - go in W24 and if I [personally] judge it is "safe" to do so I might take mask off but if not I wont

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/socially-distanced-seating-available-at-keepmoat-stadium/

The BVB will remain closed today so I've been told but will be open again for the next home match.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 07, 2021, 09:04:58 am by ravenrover »

I can understand some people have reservations and concerns about attending any mass gathering for the fear of contacting the virus, it will affect many individuals with underlying conditions far more than the rest of us, it now looks like most people want to try to get their lives back to some sort of normality, this will ensure most will disregard mask wearing. For the vulnerable get yourself a FFP2/3 mask, take all the precautions you feel you need and come to the match, you deserve it after all the crap you've had to deal with over the past 18months.
Mine is

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 07, 2021, 11:48:55 am by SydneyRover »
Many in Asia have been using masks since the SARS outbreak, think of it as a fashion accessory.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 07, 2021, 09:51:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Putting the game aside for a moment, I just wonder how those who returned to the Keepmoat for the first time today coped with any apprehensions?

Did any of you take advantage of finding seats in more space?

Did any apprehensions disappear as you became absorbed in the match?

Did anyone find it too uncomfortable and risky to your health?

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 07, 2021, 10:05:36 pm by Scooter »
Just out of curiosity I kept a bit of a count. Throughout my afternoon in the south stand I counted 12 people wearing a mask. Almost all were older people. I saw a group of 3 people together (all a bit older) wearing a mask. I also saw an older man with a stick wearing a mask. I didn’t see any younger people wearing a mask

Now this is not absolutely accurate as there would have been more than 12 wearing masks but it’s fair to see they were in the minority.
On the concourse may be different - my count was in the stand only.

Make of that what you will. So we could have a lot of sociopaths, cultists or people who are regaining their confidence and trying to get back to “normal”

TinyPortal © 2005-2012