Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:18:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Sack the board

Yup
1 (2.7%)
Nope no one would come in
13 (35.1%)
At least put it up for sale
5 (13.5%)
Yes a change is needed were going nowhere but backwards
5 (13.5%)
No ill support my team no matter how bad we get. Conference here we comr
13 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: August 20, 2021, 09:06:03 pm

Author Topic: I don't care if people don't like this topic. The questions needs asking  (Read 2734 times)

godlike1

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

vaya

• Forum Member
Fine with the premise in terms of gathering opinion, but the board aren't going to sack themselves.

dickos1

• VSC Member
The options are very lobsided.
Maybe try again and give options that will
Give you a proper result

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Where's the option called "I have more than 2 brain cells and realise there is no one to sack our board so this thread is pointless".

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
A village is missing it's idiot

since-1969

• VSC Member
That boat has sailed and may return in 9 months .

normal rules

• Forum Member
What’s the weather like on Mars?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
What f****ng topic are you alluding to you sad t**t!!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Fair enough if you're not keen on the board and you'd prefer someone else in but "sack the board" is the most brain dead statements that is constantly posted on here.

As a personal opinion, the current board is currently ploughing in £2m a year extra into the club to up the budget from a lower League One budget to an upper League One budget, getting rid of the current board isn't guaranteed to improve what is currently being injected in.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
Whether you agree or disagree, the club as it stands is going backwards, and if people cannot see it then they really must be blind. We are struggling to compete against clubs with far less resources. Well, we are led to believe they have less resources.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
Fair enough if you're not keen on the board and you'd prefer someone else in but "sack the board" is the most brain dead statements that is constantly posted on here.

As a personal opinion, the current board is currently ploughing in £2m a year extra into the club to up the budget from a lower League One budget to an upper League One budget, getting rid of the current board isn't guaranteed to improve what is currently being injected in.

If we really do have a top half budget, then we are pissing it away. I really don't believe it's the case though. We wouldn't be scratching around having to bring shite like Bogle on.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Where's the questions that need asking?

dickos1

• VSC Member
I’ve asked this question to the moaners numerous times, nobody has answered me yet
Which clubs with the same current level of support as us are spending more money.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Blame it on the budget all you like.  I doubt Accrington ever have or ever will come close to our budget. Yet again they beat us.

since-1969

• VSC Member
Whether you agree or disagree, the club as it stands is going backwards, and if people cannot see it then they really must be blind. We are struggling to compete against clubs with far less resources. Well, we are led to believe they have less resources.
As Spoke would say “ it’s Doncaster Rovers but as we know them” !!

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
I’ve asked this question to the moaners numerous times, nobody has answered me yet
Which clubs with the same current level of support as us are spending more money.

We will be in the bottom third of average attendances this season. I'd be surprised if there is many more than 4000 home fans there on saturday.

colincramb

• Forum Member
Where’s the crayons?

normal rules

• Forum Member
I don’t believe the club is going backwards. It’s just a lean spell. We could finish mid table and it just wouldn’t be enough for some. It was always going to be tough this season . The hangover from last season will take some shifting.

Keenstonian

• Forum Member
If the board go you have no club. I suspect that is what you want.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
I don’t believe the club is going backwards. It’s just a lean spell. We could finish mid table and it just wouldn’t be enough for some. It was always going to be tough this season . The hangover from last season will take some shifting.

Where's the evidence to back that up? Barring a couple of players, the ones we have are not League One standard.

glosterred

• VSC Member
Another pointless topic.

COYR

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
Said lat the end of last season  the Board had to dig deep and invest if we were going to stem.the bad run of form into the new season but they haven't and this is the consequence... so I hope there is no one on here genuinely surprised where we are.. yes it is early days but we have a thread bare squad and yes we have a few injuries but we have absolutely no attacking threat.. unless we rectify that soon we are in for a very very long miserable season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member

Not even worth talking about.

What a completely pathetic OP.   

Baby throwing his dummy out.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member

Not even worth talking about.

What a completely pathetic OP.   

Baby’s throwing Greer dummies out.

It clearly is worth talking about seeing as you commented.

dickos1

• VSC Member

We will be in the bottom third of average attendances this season. I'd be surprised if there is many more than 4000 home fans there on saturday.

That doesn’t answer the question

chrisfisher

• Forum Member

More money on what?

Morecombe have spent more on transfer fees than us.

Fleetwood probably pay more in wages.

vaya

• Forum Member

More money on what?

Morecombe have spent more on transfer fees than us.

Fleetwood probably pay more in wages.

'Probably'

lee.j09

• Forum Member

Are they?

Where’s evidence of this?

normal rules

• Forum Member

Where's the evidence to back that up? Barring a couple of players, the ones we have are not League One standard.

With the greatest respect, if you are old enough to reflect on football seasons over the years, a bad season like last year often runs into next. A losing habit is very hard to break. RW has taken on a team low in morale, with little team spirit or cohesion, in part down to the exploits of DM and the manner of his departure. Add to that the loss of a key player like AB and you are left with an uphill struggle for a time.
Single players don’t make a team. Accrington May have a couple of players getting interest from bigger teams but they aren’t exactly Portsmouth or Sunderland. They won tonight by an own goal. Rovers have the making of a team. But not just yet.
Everyone knows we are short of a quality right midfielder and one or two good centre forwards. Until this happens AND the team gel more, then the lean spell will continue.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012