Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:09:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Last 26 games  (Read 7453 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Last 26 games
« Reply #120 on August 19, 2021, 08:58:39 am by Campsall rover »
Had them on trial didn’t he, so obviously interested in signing them, and they obviously impressed.
Not every signing is a player who’s going to be your best player it’s about building a squad, neither of these would be starting every week if we didn’t have injuries

He had lots of players on trial. If you remember RW said something along the lines. You are not coming here with a view to me signing you. You have to show me why I should sign you. I am sure there were players he would like to have signed but they went elsewhere because we couldn't affer them anything.

Are you daft?
So they obviously did show him that they worth signing!

No you numpty. They were the scraps left at the end. A bit like when you was a kid and players were being picked in turns for the two teams. The last 2 to be picked were the ones nobody wanted but you had to have 11 players.
There used to be a quote from a holiday company. "If you leave it to the last resort. You get the last resort."
You are talking absolute nonsense.
He had these players on trial from when they started pre season training. They played in the pre season matches. So how are they the scraps left at the end.
You really do need to engage brain before coming up with that tripe.

Negativity for negativity’s sake. 
What can i think of next i can throw at the club that’s bad. That’s it is it in a nutshell.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on August 19, 2021, 09:54:23 am by EasyforDennis »
Had them on trial didn’t he, so obviously interested in signing them, and they obviously impressed.
Not every signing is a player who’s going to be your best player it’s about building a squad, neither of these would be starting every week if we didn’t have injuries

He had lots of players on trial. If you remember RW said something along the lines. You are not coming here with a view to me signing you. You have to show me why I should sign you. I am sure there were players he would like to have signed but they went elsewhere because we couldn't affer them anything.

Are you daft?

No you numpty. They were the scraps left at the end. A bit like when you was a kid and players were being picked in turns for the two teams. The last 2 to be picked were the ones nobody wanted but you had to have 11 players.
There used to be a quote from a holiday company. "If you leave it to the last resort. You get the last resort."
He had these players on trial from when they started pre season training. They played in the pre season matches. So how are they the scraps left at the end.

What can i think of next i can throw at the club that’s bad. That’s it is it in a nutshell.

Anybody that expresses an opinion that YOU don't agree with is negative and talks rubbish.  :facepalm:

David Pearson

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on August 19, 2021, 09:58:45 am by David Pearson »
It makes me think if the board want the rovers to be relegated

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on August 19, 2021, 10:19:25 am by Campsall rover »
Had them on trial didn%u2019t he, so obviously interested in signing them, and they obviously impressed.
Not every signing is a player who%u2019s going to be your best player it%u2019s about building a squad, neither of these would be starting every week if we didn%u2019t have injuries

Are you daft?

Negativity for negativity%u2019s sake. 
What can i think of next i can throw at the club that%u2019s bad. That%u2019s it is it in a nutshell.

Anybody that expresses an opinion that YOU don't agree with is negative and talks rubbish.  :facepalm:
That is not correct. People can spout as much negativity as they wish. Does not mean I am not allowed to criticise it.
What is correct is that i say when facts are incorrect.
You are factually incorrect. Yes or No?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 10:21:41 am by Campsall rover »

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on August 19, 2021, 11:04:34 am by EasyforDennis »
Had them on trial didn%u2019t he, so obviously interested in signing them, and they obviously impressed.
Not every signing is a player who%u2019s going to be your best player it%u2019s about building a squad, neither of these would be starting every week if we didn%u2019t have injuries

Are you daft?

Negativity for negativity%u2019s sake. 
What can i think of next i can throw at the club that%u2019s bad. That%u2019s it is it in a nutshell.

That is not correct. People can spout as much negativity as they wish. Does not mean I am not allowed to criticise it.
What is correct is that i say when facts are incorrect.
You are factually incorrect. Yes or No?

NO

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on August 19, 2021, 01:01:07 pm by Campsall rover »
What is your evidence to say NO.

I have given mine which rather proves they were not “Scraps at the end”

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on August 19, 2021, 03:00:06 pm by RoversAlias »
It's so easy to push this narrative isn't it.

If Wellens signs a player and he's good, he was a first choice signing and clearly the manager is smart.

If Wellens signs a player and he's crap, he must have been forced upon the manager because there's no money and it's signing scraps, dregs, whatever left.

No logic to it whatsoever but it is very easy to do, if you want to believe one thing and ignore reality.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on August 19, 2021, 04:05:02 pm by Lesonthewest »

Are you daft?

[/quote
They also get personal with pathetic cheap shots, sad really.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on August 19, 2021, 04:21:29 pm by EasyforDennis »
It's so easy to push this narrative isn't it.

If Wellens signs a player and he's good, he was a first choice signing and clearly the manager is smart.

If Wellens signs a player and he's crap, he must have been forced upon the manager because there's no money and it's signing scraps, dregs, whatever left.

No logic to it whatsoever but it is very easy to do, if you want to believe one thing and ignore reality.

Nobody has said any of RW's signings are crap. The reality is we are shopping at Lidl and picking up the cheap offers.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on August 19, 2021, 04:23:04 pm by EasyforDennis »

And how have you actually proved that?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on August 19, 2021, 05:22:20 pm by Campsall rover »

Seriously have I got to explain it to you? It is in my post.  The players have been with us since early July so they are not “Scraps at the end” as you so eloquently put it.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on August 19, 2021, 06:39:10 pm by EasyforDennis »

Seriously have I got to explain it to you? It is in my post.  The players have been with us since early July so they are not “Scraps at the end” as you so eloquently put it.

We have had plenty of trialists since early July. Some of whom were probably better than those we signed just before the start of the season. Why didn't we sign them? Maybe it was because we couldn't afford them. Like I said. Shopping at Lidl.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on August 19, 2021, 06:52:51 pm by normal rules »
I always wonder at times like these if there is some local as yet undiscovered talent like a striker or two who have not been snapped up by a club. I’d love it if team Doncaster were all local , a bit romantic I know but there was a time when this was so .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on August 19, 2021, 07:11:08 pm by Campsall rover »

We have had plenty of trialists since early July. Some of whom were probably better than those we signed just before the start of the season. Why didn't we sign them? Maybe it was because we couldn't afford them. Like I said. Shopping at Lidl.
I am wasting my time. All you do is make things up.
Maybe this maybe that. You have no facts whatsoever.  Go ask RW. 
End of conversation.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on August 19, 2021, 07:12:10 pm by EasyforDennis »

I am wasting my time. All you do is make things up.
Maybe this maybe that. You have no facts whatsoever.  Go ask RW. 
End of conversation.

Thank goodness for that

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on August 19, 2021, 07:19:13 pm by Lesonthewest »
We had a few players with us during pre season that we didn't sign, or waited a while to, they weren't exactly snapped up by other clubs were they. The exception being one of those who looked pretty decent signed for Swindon. Says a lot really.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on August 19, 2021, 08:53:40 pm by dickos1 »
There’s a lot of rubbish being posted here, if they’re on trial then it means the manager is interested in them, he knows all about gardener and chose him over Reed.
Barlow was a very cheap signing in the hope of developing him it doesn’t mean he was our 5th choice it just means wellens likes him and wants to give him a chance developing him.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on August 19, 2021, 09:36:50 pm by BobG »
Spot on Dickos. Barlow is basically Richie Wellens' Alfies May and  Beestin - signed on exactly the same basis as they were. And spot on about the rubbish too. Some folk, and it aint Campsall, obviously suffer from a serious logic deficiency. When a person can't identify the cause and the effect then their verbiage is without any value at all.

BobG

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on August 19, 2021, 09:38:47 pm by sha66y »
Spot on Dickos. Barlow is basically Richie Wellens' Alfies May and  Beestin - signed on exactly the same basis as they were. And spot on about the rubbish too. Some folk, and it aint Campsall, obviously suffer from a serious logic deficiency. When a person can't identify the cause and the effect then their verbiage is without any value at all.

BobG

“ Verbiage” …..there’s a curveball that’ll throw a lot off!

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on August 19, 2021, 10:08:20 pm by EasyforDennis »

BobG

“ Verbiage” …..there’s a curveball that’ll throw a lot off!

Ha ha. No that's Jacob acting like the local squire again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012