Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:38:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Objective truth once again.  (Read 3640 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Objective truth once again.
« Reply #60 on October 10, 2021, 10:44:58 pm by SydneyRover »
Ah, so Ldr's right and now Sky support your line of thought they are suddenly credible?

No it's your blind support for anyone that opposes bst about anything in the universe that is stupid bb

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on October 10, 2021, 10:49:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ah, so Ldr's right and now Sky support your line of thought they are suddenly credible?

No BB
Now Sky News isn't a mouthpiece for a man who has a 50 year record of promoting misinformation, and now it has a record of quality investigative journalism, there's no prima facie reason to assume its journalists engage in politically motivated lying.

Simple really, if you stop looking for arguments and apply your brain.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on October 10, 2021, 11:09:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »
 So, as I said, Ldr's right and now Sky support your line of thought they are suddenly credible!

I know the truth has never been foremost in your objectives, but let's be honest here, any credibility you might have had on this forum half a decade ago is now diminished. You continue to dig a hole so deep you're almost en route with your mate in Australia.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on October 10, 2021, 11:11:11 pm by SydneyRover »
So, as I said, Ldr's right and now Sky support your line of thought they are suddenly credible!

I know the truth has never been foremost in your objectives, but let's be honest here, any credibility you might have had on this forum half a decade ago is now diminished. You continue to dig a hole so deep you're almost en route with your mate in Australia.

like a russian joining a queue.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on October 10, 2021, 11:18:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB
As ever, you are perfectly at liberty to counter arguments in here. If you have examples of other politicians systematically lying on issues of objective truth, post them.

If you have evidence that the politicians I'm accusing of systematically lying on matters of objective truth, post it.

If you have evidence that Sky News, post-Murdoch, is unreliable on matters of objective truth, post it.

If you have evidence of other politicians being accused, wrongly, of lying, and not countering those accusations, post it.

Or, if you prefer, just keep needling to cause pointless arguments.

Your call.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on October 10, 2021, 11:34:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST. Like I've said over, and over and over and over and over again, to act like you would make me as ridiculous as you. You choose to spend your life searching for evidence in an attempt to convince others (and no doubt yourself), that you are right. Nobody else gives a f**k what you think or what you find, other than the (dwindling?) handful of supporters you have on here who stand by your every word.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on October 10, 2021, 11:35:18 pm by SydneyRover »
BST. Like I've said over, and over and over and over and over again, to act like you would make me as ridiculous as you. You choose to spend your life searching for evidence in an attempt to convince others (and no doubt yourself), that you are right. Nobody else gives a f**k what you think or what you find, other than the (dwindling?) handful of supporters you have on here who stand by your every word.

bentley babooshka

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on October 10, 2021, 11:39:19 pm by drfchound »
Gareth Keenan

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on October 10, 2021, 11:40:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I see you've made your call.

Night night.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on October 10, 2021, 11:44:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
With remarks like that, who do you actually think you are convincing?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on October 11, 2021, 12:10:00 am by BillyStubbsTears »
With remarks like that, who do you actually think you are convincing?

I'm just pointing out that you CHOOSE not to bother engaging with substantive issues. But you DO choose to spend time chucking out slurs and insults and making unsubstantiated claims that you've just yourself admitted you can't be arsed to check up. That's the call you've made. For years.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on October 11, 2021, 06:14:27 am by wilts rover »
Today's Times

Treasury says Kwarteng is 'making things up'

But people on here say he isn't. Hmmm...

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1447314398381592581

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on October 11, 2021, 07:48:07 am by SydneyRover »
BB's been logged in a while, he's probably typing out his apology

Nope, he's just logged out.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 07:50:35 am by SydneyRover »

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on October 11, 2021, 08:27:50 am by Ldr »
I wouldn’t be surprised at all, my point is you are so biased in your thinking you accept anything anti government without question, that’s a dangerous place to be for your credibility, especially as you see yourself as fair minded and open to all facts.

Anything and everything should be questioned Ldr, it's how checks and balances work, it's how governments are held to account, when they are found to have lied and there are no consequences there is a problem.

Couldn’t agree more Syd, maybe you could explain to some that them applying Occam’s razor does not count as checking sources.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on October 11, 2021, 08:43:29 am by SydneyRover »
I wouldn’t be surprised at all, my point is you are so biased in your thinking you accept anything anti government without question, that’s a dangerous place to be for your credibility, especially as you see yourself as fair minded and open to all facts.

Anything and everything should be questioned Ldr, it's how checks and balances work, it's how governments are held to account, when they are found to have lied and there are no consequences there is a problem.

Couldn’t agree more Syd, maybe you could explain to some that them applying Occam’s razor does not count as checking sources.

It's difficult for me to interpret what another means within any comment they may make Ldr, Occam's razor, which I have just had to remind myself for accuracy, means that one shouldn't extrapolate beyond what is necessary if I have that correct. I tend to absorb the gist of a comment/thread depending how involved I am with any conversation. I will let bst advise you as to what he meant by it.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on October 11, 2021, 09:29:17 am by selby »
  Hound, that is because they hate their own country, in one case the hate comes from thousands of miles away where they see no good here only bad, but like to think they should still have a say in how we run our country.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on October 11, 2021, 09:34:10 am by SydneyRover »
  Hound, that is because they hate their own country, in one case the hate comes from thousands of miles away where they see no good here only bad, but like to think they should still have a say in how we run our country.

Totally agree with you there selby it's time the government told us the truth about russian interference aye?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on October 11, 2021, 10:39:05 am by BillyStubbsTears »
So, despite this accusation of lying now being all over the media, there's not a dickie bird from Kwarteng. Maybe he's a new form of politician who doesn't care about his reputation being traduced.

In fairness, some obscure minister that even a political obsessive like me has never heard of did support him on the radio this morning.

Damian Hinds was asked if Kwarteng had lied and replied "Of course not."

So there you go. I apologise profusely for ever questioning him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on October 11, 2021, 07:28:04 pm by drfchound »
Maybe Kwarteng did speak to the Treasury on Friday.

From Sky news.
Kwasi Kwarteng has made a formal request to the Treasury for support to industries hit by high energy prices, Sky News understands

Leaders of the UK's energy intensive sectors held talks with Mr Kwarteng on Friday and Monday in which they emphasised the "seriousness of the situation facing energy intensive industries this winter”.

.. Mr Kwarteng's request comes after a row in which the Treasury denied it was in discussions with the Business Secretary, but Home Office minister Damian Hinds said Mr Kwarteng had not lied when he claimed his team was in discussions with the Treasury.

Asked if Mr Kwarteng did have a row with Chancellor Rishi Sunak, the business secretary told Sky News: "Not at all, we get on very well."

A Treasury source told Sky News on Sunday they are "not involved in any talks" and added that it was not the first time Mr Kwarteng "has made things up in interviews".

Mr Hinds said of the row: "These unnamed sources stories come out from time to time.

"The fact is government departments, government ministers, talk to each other the whole time and of course with an issue like this, with these rising global prices and business having to grapple and deal with it to make sure they break even and can make a margin of course that is something that the business secretary - and of course the energy secretary - is going to be totally focussed on.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on October 11, 2021, 08:14:41 pm by belton rover »
So, despite this accusation of lying now being all over the media, there's not a dickie bird from Kwarteng. Maybe he's a new form of politician who doesn't care about his reputation being traduced.

In fairness, some obscure minister that even a political obsessive like me has never heard of did support him on the radio this morning.

Damian Hinds was asked if Kwarteng had lied and replied "Of course not."

So there you go. I apologise profusely for ever questioning him.
Apology accepted. That’s a start, at least.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on October 11, 2021, 10:41:45 pm by SydneyRover »
Here's a photo of johnson explaining how the build back better genie is going solve all Britains problems.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/oct/11/no-10-backs-kwasi-kwarteng-in-treasury-spat-over-energy-prices

TinyPortal © 2005-2012