Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:06:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Police, so there is a problem, lets hope this goes to fixing it.  (Read 4606 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Police, so there is a problem, lets hope this goes to fixing it.
« Reply #90 on October 04, 2021, 06:03:55 pm by drfchound »
A nurse has pleaded not guilty to murdering eight babies and attempting to murder another 10.
Lucy Letby, 31, is accused of murdering five boys and three girls at the Countess of Chester Hospital between June 2015 and June 2016.
She is also accused of the attempted murder of five boys and five girls.
Ms Letby, of Arran Avenue in Hereford, repeated "not guilty" to all 18 charges as she appeared at Manchester Crown Court via video-link.
She is due to go on trial in October 2022.

Does this mean the MSM start hammering the nhs like they do the police.?
No of course it doesn’t. Some on here would disagree I’m sure. That’s if they apply the same rationale to that whenever the police appear in the media spotlight.
Does this mean the nhs have to re evaluate their vetting and recruitment process for all their staff? Should the head of the nhs get sacked. . ?
Can we ever trust nurses again. How would you feel if you were an expectant mum and you had to go to a maternity suite. ?

Another good post there NR.
Maybe that will make some other posters see sense.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on October 04, 2021, 06:05:57 pm by drfchound »
I'm not sure Sue Fish, the former chief constable of Nottinghamshire would agree with you or I doubt it would have been such a concern to her.

Well according to the quote of hers that you posted, she already has done.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 06:12:06 pm by drfchound »

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
The head of the Trust should be sacked if obvious opportunities to figure out what was happening came to light. Sadly with these things it always seems to come out that there had been a trail of clues and multiple missed chances to identify the problem.

Did nobody think to link the deaths or potential deaths to the same person?

The NHS is so bloated with pen pushers and diversity officers i doubt nobody even noticed that babies were dying.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on October 04, 2021, 06:13:19 pm by drfchound »
It is a sad fact that lots of babies die in hospital.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member

Indeed, however, there surely would have been more incidents recorded whilst this nurse was involved in care compared to any other nurse? I don't know. Maybe?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on October 04, 2021, 06:17:43 pm by drfchound »

Indeed, however, there surely would have been more incidents recorded whilst this nurse was involved in care compared to any other nurse? I don't know. Maybe?

Possibly, but then again, possibly not.
Maybe figures published in the future will tell us more, hindsight again eh.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on October 04, 2021, 09:43:42 pm by SydneyRover »

It looks like the police themselves disagree with both yourself NR and bp.

''Sarah Everard murder: Met to launch review of standards and internal culture
Leading figure will challenge force on corruption and sexual misconduct, vows Cressida Dick''

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on October 04, 2021, 10:30:57 pm by normal rules »

Tick box exercise. They have to be seen to say they will do something. They had no choice. Political sound bytes.
Bad eggs exist in all walks of life .

Question for you SR. Do you have confidence in nurses in the NHS. ? Would you be happy with them looking after a child of yours?

It looks like the police themselves disagree with both yourself NR and bp.

''Sarah Everard murder: Met to launch review of standards and internal culture
Leading figure will challenge force on corruption and sexual misconduct, vows Cressida Dick''

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on October 04, 2021, 10:38:19 pm by SydneyRover »
Maybe I'll become an astronaut ................

the fact is you have been saying there is nothing to get concerned about.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on October 04, 2021, 10:55:36 pm by normal rules »
My question was biased for just you.

I have confidence in the nhs.
The woman accused of killing those babies ( and the cps would never charge her unless there was a realistic chance of conviction) is an aberration, just like Couzens. And the cop now on remand for rape.

I have no concerns about the police or the nhs. Other than they don’t have enough staff in either. And money gets wasted in both. The vast majority of people within these organisations are hardworking and honest. And I have faith in them.

The nurse in question has had very little news coverage. She appeared in court today on remand pleading not guilty.
Not a mention of it on the news tonight.  It had a small entry on the bbc online news.
Any murder is shocking.
Couzens raped and murdered an innocent lone woman.
This nurse has murdered 8 babies and attempted another 8. This is a totally different  level and should be front page news. And headline on news at ten.
Why isn’t it ?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on October 04, 2021, 11:00:32 pm by SydneyRover »

The woman accused of killing those babies ( and the cps would never charge her unless there was a realistic chance of conviction) is an aberration, just like Couzens. And the cop now on remand for rape.

I have no concerns about the police or the nhs. Other than they don’t have enough staff in either. And money gets wasted in both. The vast majority of people within these organisations are hardworking and honest. And I have faith in them.

The nurse in question has had very little news coverage. She appeared in court today on remand pleading not guilty.
Not a mention of it on the news tonight.  It had a small entry on the bbc online news.
Any murder is shocking.
This nurse has murdered 8 babies and attempted another 8. This is a totally different  level and should be front page news. And headline on news at ten.
Why isn’t it ?

why are you telling me all this again? what has it got to do with the thread matter?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on October 04, 2021, 11:04:27 pm by normal rules »
It’s all about confidence.

Which you questioned.

And I answered.

And now I’m asking questions.
It’s called a thread of conversation .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on October 04, 2021, 11:05:34 pm by SydneyRover »
Cressida the Dick says you're dead wrong

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on October 04, 2021, 11:07:39 pm by normal rules »
We agree on one thing.

Cressida the dick.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on October 04, 2021, 11:09:53 pm by normal rules »
She is only interested in keeping her gold plated pension in tact.

And probably a peerage in years to come.

She is no more of a copper than Boris johnson or kier starmer is .
She is so far detached from policing she would not know what the codes of practice are. Or the police caution for that matter.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on October 04, 2021, 11:10:53 pm by SydneyRover »
So you don't have confidence in the Commissioner of Police.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on October 04, 2021, 11:12:25 pm by SydneyRover »
Amazing. she has had to eat a large chunk of humble pie and admit she was dead wrong too.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on October 05, 2021, 08:23:27 am by normal rules »
So you don't have confidence in the Commissioner of Police.

Ok , you got me there.I don’t have a great deal of confidence in her. But like I say. She ain’t no cop. She is a politician.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on October 05, 2021, 12:41:30 pm by selby »
  My question is this of the police, if the way they are policing the extinction rebellion and the insulate Britain campaigns is correct, was the way they policed the industrial unrest in previous  decades unlawful.
  They even brought out the cavalry, and charged the protesters, or does it all revolve around that one word protesters.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 12:52:33 pm by selby »

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on October 05, 2021, 02:01:36 pm by Axholme Lion »

Any murder is shocking.
Why isn’t it ?

Please stop talking sense on this forum, it's not the done thing don't you know?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on October 05, 2021, 02:07:00 pm by Axholme Lion »
The NHS has become a quasi religious cult which it is unacceptable to criticize. There are a lot of good people working hard in there, BUT there are a lot of people who believe there own hype. To be honest all this NHS SUPERHEROES stuff makes me feel ill. They are doing a job they CHOSE to do, so why like the rest of all the other HARD WORKING people in the country can't they just get on with it quietly. I would have more respect for that. I'm sick of hearing about extra discount here there and everywhere for NHS staff and teachers. Why?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on October 05, 2021, 03:45:33 pm by normal rules »
  My question is this of the police, if the way they are policing the extinction rebellion and the insulate Britain campaigns is correct, was the way they policed the industrial unrest in previous  decades unlawful.
  They even brought out the cavalry, and charged the protesters, or does it all revolve around that one word protesters.

The policing of protests has changed dramatically over the years. A simple answer would be to say that legislation over the decades has been altered to suit.
Back in the miners strike of 1912, I dare say it was all based around common law with little or no discretion being afforded to those involved in industrial action.
Fast forward to 2021 and protestors these days have many rights. The right to protest of course. Freedom of speech. But balanced with the rights of others they may affect whilst protesting.
There are far more complex reasons of course. Far too many to bore anyone with.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on October 05, 2021, 04:13:03 pm by Axholme Lion »

If you're BLM, XR, IB, Anti Brexit it's dealt with kid gloves, taking the knee, skateboarding and disco dancing while normal people are stopped from going about their lawful business.
Anything vaguely patriotic or football related and you get the shit beaten out of you and banged up.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on October 05, 2021, 05:00:21 pm by scawsby steve »
As regards Couzens, there'll be a load of old lags and lifers gleefully waiting for him wherever he's banged up. They just love ex-coppers in there, especially one who's raped and murdered a young lass.

I'm predicting an Epstein type hanging very soon in there.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on October 05, 2021, 05:14:04 pm by normal rules »
As regards Couzens, there'll be a load of old lags and lifers gleefully waiting for him wherever he's banged up. They just love ex-coppers in there, especially one who's raped and murdered a young lass.

Whilst I whole heartedly agree with your sentiment. Ex cops, like peadophiles do “the numbers” where they are put on a special wing for their own protection. Even so, there are differing levels of dross on these wings. And I hope there will be at least one  with the gumption to shank this monster for good.
I’m giving him till Xmas. If he doesn’t top himself beforehand of course .

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on October 05, 2021, 11:01:30 pm by Sprotyrover »

Whilst I whole heartedly agree with your sentiment. Ex cops, like peadophiles do “the numbers” where they are put on a special wing for their own protection. Even so, there are differing levels of dross on these wings. And I hope there will be at least one  with the gumption to shank this monster for good.
I’m giving him till Xmas. If he doesn’t top himself beforehand of course .
Probably put him on Sex offenders wing where he will be the top Dog!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012