Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:52:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Omar Bogle  (Read 15834 times)

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
Omar Bogle
« on September 13, 2021, 04:12:08 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Just posted on Instagram a photo of him and Ed Williams at Cantley park

“Good day at the office with my boy @_edcwilliams #exiled”

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Omar Bogle
« Reply #1 on September 13, 2021, 04:14:56 pm by GazLaz »
He’s put the time on there as well. Probably quite significant.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 13, 2021, 04:16:59 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
He’s put the time on there as well. Probably quite significant.
Yh noticed that, didn’t know that Williams had been frozen out aswell. Hopefully it might make them wanna get a move in January.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 13, 2021, 04:24:13 pm by GazLaz »
Think he’s removed the picture now.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 13, 2021, 04:26:52 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
I think this could be handled by the club a bit better but for a grown man to post that like Omar has is full on embarrassing.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 13, 2021, 04:52:36 pm by steve@dcfd »
Especially when he’s been offered a loan at Grimsby and he doesn’t want to go to the National League. You would have thought both would accept loans to the National League at least they are playing football until the next transfer window. The situation is not good for them or the club.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 13, 2021, 04:58:45 pm by PDX_Rover »
He’s taking the piss.

Darren Moore did a right job on us didn’t he?

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 13, 2021, 06:10:32 pm by Chris the Rover »
Couldn’t agree more PDX.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 13, 2021, 06:13:41 pm by sha66y »
Has he brought the club into disrepute...?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 13, 2021, 06:17:17 pm by PDX_Rover »

That was my thought. Get him sacked.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 13, 2021, 06:22:42 pm by Jonathan »
Both of them are taking the piss out of the club. I had some sympathy at first but that’s gone completely now, they’ve shown they’re more interested in taking silly pictures than playing football. They’re stealing a living.

Bogle has shown precious little desire in a Rovers shirt and has blatantly refused opportunities to play football elsewhere. He could’ve maintained his wage on a loan deal too but he’d rather do nothing. Pathetic. 

I remember Rigo (or whatever he calls himself now) waxing lyrical about Ed Williams when we signed him. You could’ve been forgiven for thinking we were getting the next Steven Gerrard. The only worse judgement than that is Darren Moore’s in handing him a two year contract. Absolute time wasters.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 13, 2021, 06:29:57 pm by albie »
Bogle and Williams have contracts that they want to continue.....they are fully within their rights to do so.

Leaving them out of the squad, or asking them to train away from the group is very poor management from DRFC.

Some on here think that the club should punish players for keeping to the contract DRFC signed them under....this is nonsense on stilts.

In any other industry this would be seen as an attempt at constructive dismissal, and would provoke trade union involvement.

I am not commenting on whether the deal offered by other clubs should have been accepted, because none of us know what was on offer. Easy to say that they should have left without knowing the details.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 13, 2021, 06:32:23 pm by bpoolrover »
Got to agree with albie they have every right to turn other teams down, bogle might think he is better than the conference

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 13, 2021, 06:35:26 pm by DonnyNoel »
Don't like players airing the dirty laundry in public and would imagine they're in breach of some kind of social media policy but without wanting to be in the minority here, there's definitely a few managers spoken badly about in autobiographies and podcasts like Undr The Cosh that have made players train away from the main group.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 13, 2021, 06:35:50 pm by Filo »
Got to agree with albie they have every right to turn other teams down, bogle might think he is better than the conference

Yes they do have every right to turn down other offers, they don’t have the right to disrespect their employers on social media though

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 13, 2021, 06:36:01 pm by Jonathan »
Bogle and Williams have contracts that they want to continue.....they are fully within their rights to do so.

Leaving them out of the squad, or asking them to train away from the group is very poor management from DRFC.

Some on here think that the club should punish players for keeping to the contract DRFC signed them under....this is nonsense on stilts.

In any other industry this would be seen as an attempt at constructive dismissal, and would provoke trade union involvement.

I am not commenting on whether the deal offered by other clubs should have been accepted, because none of us know what was on offer. Easy to say that they should have left without knowing the details.

It’s been made clear they won’t play games here, and nor should they. Bogle has shown no effort and Williams has shown no anything. I get that they’re under contract, but the point is they could’ve gone out on loan and played games and still pulled in the same money that they’re contracted to receive. Instead they’ve chosen to do nothing, and are happy posting silly pictures that are ridiculing the club.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 13, 2021, 06:59:35 pm by bpoolrover »
We don't know that they would have pulled in the same money thou that just a guess, and has anyone actually come in for Williams, and to be honest against Accrington bogle put plenty of effort in and it was probably his best game for us

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 13, 2021, 07:07:20 pm by Jonathan »
We don't know that they would have pulled in the same money thou that just a guess, and has anyone actually come in for Williams, and to be honest against Accrington bogle put plenty of effort in and it was probably his best game for us

It’s not a guess. If a player is loaned out they will pick up the same basic wage that they’re contracted to receive. The benefit to us would be that we would (hopefully) receive a contribution towards that from the club that takes them. The player would get the chance to play games and regain confidence and fitness. But Bogle and Williams would clearly rather pick up money for nothing.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 13, 2021, 07:21:21 pm by bpoolrover »

It’s not a guess. If a player is loaned out they will pick up the same basic wage that they’re contracted to receive. The benefit to us would be that we would (hopefully) receive a contribution towards that from the club that takes them. The player would get the chance to play games and regain confidence and fitness. But Bogle and Williams would clearly rather pick up money for nothing.
yes your right I read it wrong sorry, I'm still not sure anyone came in for Williams and bogle still has that right as we were silly enough to sign him

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 13, 2021, 07:55:11 pm by The Beast »
I think there’s a lot of assumptions being made here by people who don’t know the exact details. To be become a professional footballer takes a lot of endeavour, desire and perseverance. To suggest players who have got to this position and made these sacrifices, are now happy training away from the rest of the team just doesn’t ring true. I don’t honestly think anyone would feel good being deemed surplus to requirements. Now if offers come in for these players, the offer needs to be right for the player, it’s their prerogative to turn it down. Like anyone been offered a new job there’s lot of factors to take into account.

Now putting stuff on Twitter isn’t very clever but I’d say it’s the modern way, 95% of stuff on Twitter is nonsense. Someone needs to have a word with him about this.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 13, 2021, 08:02:08 pm by mushRTID »
Playing devils advocate Andy Butler was doing the same in a more subtle way. Tweeting about his bike rides at times he would have been training.

He knew what he was doing with those tweets.

I’m quite obviously not comparing their contributions to the club by the way. Butlers will never be questioned. Bogle and Williams have been dreadful for us.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 08:07:40 pm by mushRTID »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 13, 2021, 08:20:57 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
if wigan paid a million for him and Cardiff "£700,000
he can't exactly be "allegedly" "poor"

"allegedly" maybe "just as thick as my  "logo" "

Wigan Athletic

On 31 January 2017, Bogle signed for Championship side Wigan Athletic on a two-and-a-half-year deal for an undisclosed fee;[55] this included a number of additional potential financial benefits for Bogle’s former clubs if Wigan maintained their Championship status in the current season, or returned to the Premier League.[56]

Bogle made his first appearance for the club on 3 February 2017 in a 1–0 defeat against Sheffield Wednesday, coming off the bench to replace Will Grigg in the 67th minute.[57] His first two goals for Wigan came during his full debut on 7 February 2017 in a 2–2 draw at home to Norwich City.[58] Bogle scored his third and final goal of the 2016-17 Championship campaign from the penalty spot in a 2–1 defeat at Queens Park Rangers.[59]
Cardiff City
On 17 August 2017, Bogle signed for Championship side Cardiff City on a three-year deal for an officially undisclosed fee,[60] although Cardiff manager Neil Warnock later stated that the transfer fee was £700,000.[61]

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 13, 2021, 08:21:29 pm by since-1969 »
Why ?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 13, 2021, 08:50:36 pm by normal rules »
Why ?

I suspect some may think he could have breached some sort of code of conduct ? Standards of behaviour that are written into a players contract ? I do t k le if there is a such a thing to be fair.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 13, 2021, 08:52:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Why ?

If they have a grievance then there's processes to go through.

Not very clever of them to go down this road is it?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 13, 2021, 09:11:41 pm by RoversAlias »
I think there’s a lot of assumptions being made here by people who don’t know the exact details. To be become a professional footballer takes a lot of endeavour, desire and perseverance. To suggest players who have got to this position and made these sacrifices, are now happy training away from the rest of the team just doesn’t ring true. I don’t honestly think anyone would feel good being deemed surplus to requirements. Now if offers come in for these players, the offer needs to be right for the player, it’s their prerogative to turn it down. Like anyone been offered a new job there’s lot of factors to take into account.

Now putting stuff on Twitter isn’t very clever but I’d say it’s the modern way, 95% of stuff on Twitter is nonsense. Someone needs to have a word with him about this.

Well said.

I'm surprised a bit (well, not really) at some of the things being said about this Bogle post/situation here and on Twitter.

At the end of the day, Bogle and Williams will be fed up. They're here, they're contracted and not me thing has come out suggesting they haven't shown commitment to the club. Wellens has frozen them out of training for the crime of not quite being good enough. Venting about it online is nothing new do, as far as professionalism goes...what do they have to lose? They've already been told they've got no chance of playing and can't even train with the team anymore.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 13, 2021, 09:18:37 pm by Jonathan »

Well said.

I'm surprised a bit (well, not really) at some of the things being said about this Bogle post/situation here and on Twitter.

At the end of the day, Bogle and Williams will be fed up. They're here, they're contracted and not me thing has come out suggesting they haven't shown commitment to the club. Wellens has frozen them out of training for the crime of not quite being good enough. Venting about it online is nothing new do, as far as professionalism goes...what do they have to lose? They've already been told they've got no chance of playing and can't even train with the team anymore.

Certainly in Bogle’s case, that’s his choice. He’s chosen this ahead of accepting offers to play football. So what’s he moaning about? And moreover why do you read it as venting? He’s chosen this. And that’s my issue, I don’t see it as moaning, I see it as gloating that they’re getting money for nothing. And that’s disrespectful to my club.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 13, 2021, 10:09:39 pm by Canadian Rover »
They likely hope they are long here after Wellens has gone. Look at Luke Shaw under Jose and Dele Alli too both waited on the hopes of him being fired.

Right or wrong it appears to a be a complete mismanaged situation by DRFC.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 13, 2021, 10:16:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Don't like players airing the dirty laundry in public and would imagine they're in breach of some kind of social media policy but without wanting to be in the minority here, there's definitely a few managers spoken badly about in autobiographies and podcasts like Undr The Cosh that have made players train away from the main group.

The way in which the club has dealt with this has been shocking. It has hung the players out to dry. You cannot complain about players going public on "dirty washing" when the club has essentially been scapegoating them in public for a month. As Albie says, in any other industry, this would be a case of constructive dismissal

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 13, 2021, 10:33:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »
In other industries, people with a record like Bogle's would have been legitimately dismissed for being unable to hit the target.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012